Businesses must import PST files into Office 365 when migrating from desktop apps such as Outlook. Users can perform PST to Office 365 migration in different ways. Are you looking for a way to transition from Outlook to Office 365? However, because of a lack of knowledge, they are reluctant to migrate. If that’s the situation, you’ve come to the correct place. We’ll go over everything you need to know about PST to Office 365 migration in this article. Read the complete guide to learn about the top advantages of migrating to Office 365 .
What is Outlook Data File and Office 365?
Many Outlook users are unaware of all the features of the PST file. The backup file is created when you export your Outlook emails.
The PST file contains emails, calendars, contacts, tasks, notes, and other items. Who can remember it as a ‘Personal Storage table,’ but now referred to as a ‘Personal Storage file,’ or a ‘Personal folder.
Microsoft Office 365 is a subscription-based cloud-based version. Office 365 contains the same focus apps as regular Office editions, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and OneNote, depending on the subscription purchased.
Other apps and services, like Publisher, Planner, OneDrive, Exchange, SharePoint, Access, Skype, and Microsoft Teams, may also get included.
Reason to choose Office 365 over PST
In an Enterprise environment, PST files can create plenty of difficulties, including data leaks, security issues, and administrative costs. Users can migrate PST files to an Office 365 mailbox, which can help with some of the concerns. Now, let’s look at some reasons for PST to Office 365 migration.
- PST files are often saved to a local hard drive or shared across a network. Your mobile workers may experience periods when they do not have access to their PST in today’s environment, where we have access to any data, at any time, from anywhere. PST files can store sensitive information that isn’t always available when it’s needed.
- The user cannot backup PST files. If a user saves their PST to their local hard drive, it is unlikely that this data will get backed up regularly, if at all.
We have explained the reason for moving from PST to Office 365. Now we’ll look upon the way to migrate PST files to Office 365.
Methods for PST to Office 365 migration
Users can perform PST to Office 365 migration in one of two ways: utilizing a built-in tool from Microsoft or using professional solutions recommended by Microsoft MVPs.
If you follow Microsoft’s approach, you can complete the task in two different ways.
Network Upload: To use this method, you must first import PST files to Azure’s temporary storage and then use the Import service to migrate mailboxes.
Drive Shipping: You must copy all of the PST files to a BitLocker hard drive and send it to Microsoft. The PST file will then be uploaded into your account by Microsoft.
Important Note: Both of the methods explained above get proposed for advanced users. This method does not cover the necessary planning and preparation, such as checking for corrupted PSTs, removing passwords, and so forth. Before the migration operation, all of those processes must get completed manually.
Limitation of Office 365 Import Service of Microsoft
The Import Service is a simple tool that Microsoft provides for Office 365 users to convert Outlook emails to an Office 365 account. However, there are a few drawbacks to this software that should get considered before using it.
Password: Admin must manually add passwords for each user, either by taking each user’s password or by resetting each account’s password.
There is no way to deal with duplicate PST files: When a user migrates several Outlook PSTs, the possibility of uploading the same PST exists. Without notice, this utility will re-upload the same PST.
Elimination of PST files: Users must maintain the disconnection of Outlook profiles from PSTs and should prevent the creation of a new PST file individually.
Identifying the correct owner: This service does not aid in discovering the correct owner of Outlook PST files; the user must do it manually.
Note: If you are a non-technical user or lacking the needed support, we recommend that you utilize more professional PST to Office 365 migration options that are safe and secure.
Professional Solution to Migrate Outlook PST to Office 365
For a safe and secure migration, the Shoviv PST to Office 365 migration tool is the best-recommended option. Customers who use Office 365 can use this automated method to import multiple Outlook PST files into their accounts fast and easily. The software has a user-friendly interface and user-oriented functionality to make the PST to Office 365 migration as simple as possible. Lets, quickly take the most promising of the tool:
- The software can migrate data from big PST files to Office 365 without causing any changes to the original data. This software will also allow you to export Outlook PST files to the Live Exchange Server for improved services.
- The software’s smart algorithm prevents duplicate items from migrated during PST to Office 365 transfer.
- This tool has the preview option that allows users to check the data before the migration process.
- This PST to Office 365 migration software specializes in restoring damaged or corrupted PST and OST files. It allows the user to perform a PST to Office 365 migration to see how well it works.
- It also allows you to save PST files in EML, MSG, vCal, vCard, and HTML formats.
- The interface of the software is easy to use even for non-technical users.
- This tool helps non-technical users to perform PST to Office migration with great ease.
- The free/demo version of this software allows us to evaluate the product’s quality, accuracy, and efficiency. The tool allows the user to check the PST to Office 365 migration task by transferring the first 50 items per folder.
This complete article will teach you all you need to know about PST to Office 365 migration. Users can use multiple ways to migrate Outlook to Office 365 users. Now further it’s up to you to decide which strategy best meets your needs. However, we encourage users to try the suggested tool’s free demo versions for better understanding.