OST and PST files are both essential in Microsoft Outlook. OST files are used to save the offline copy of the data from the Exchange Server whereas PST files are used to store the copy of data on the configured system from Outlook. There are several obvious reasons that initiate users to convert OST to PST file format. Let’s know about all:
Why Convert OST to PST Format?
OST to PST Conversion has many benefits for Outlook users. For eg:
- If you convert OST files to PST format, you don’t have to worry about your data getting accidentally deleted from the Exchange server.
- You can also access your data in case your Exchange server crashes due to any reason.
- If you have done OST to PST file conversion, you can save the PST files in a safe location.
- During Exchange server maintenance, OST files become inaccessible. So if you want to use those files, you need to export OST to PST and then import them into the MS Outlook application
This is why we need OST to PST file migration.
Download a trial version of Shoviv Convert PST to PST to know in a better way.
How to Convert OST to PST with an Easy Way?
There are two ways to convert OST to PST files that you can use. The first method is the old method which involves manual migration of OST files to PST.
Visit On Our Latest Arrival: https://www.shoviv.com/how-to/convert-ost-to-pst-step-by-step-using-the-manual-method.php
Let us Find out How to Convert Files Manually with Three Methods:
Method One- Import and Export
Step-1: Launch MS Outlook application
Step 2: Open the “File” menu and choose “Import and Export”
Step3: In the next window click “Export to a file” and then “Next”
Step 4: Now choose Outlook data file (.PST) and click “Next”
Step 5: Select the mailbox folder to export from. You can choose to include subfolders
Step 6: Browse and select the folder where you want to store the PST file and click “Finish”
Note: For this method, you need to have an Exchange server connection and Outlook installed in the local computer.
Method Two- Archive Method to move mailbox items to a PST file
Step 1: Open your Microsoft Outlook application
Step 2: Click on “File” and then Archive
Step3: Choose the file/folder to archive and Browse the location to save the archived file
Step 4: Click Finish
Note: With the archive method, you can migrate all OST data except for the contacts.
Method 3: Drag and Drop Method
With this method, you can convert Mailbox items of OST file to a new PST file.
Step 1: Launch MS Outlook application
Step2: Create a new PST file in your Outlook Profile
Step 3: Choose and drag all the mailbox folders you want to move to the new PST file
Note: You cannot drag items including Inbox, Contacts, etc default folder into a PST file
So above are the three manual ways to convert OST to PST files. These are free methods and can be used by anyone who wants to convert OST to PST. However, manual methods are not advised for those users who cannot afford to take any risks with their OST data. Manual methods have certain limitations and it is essential to be aware of them.
- The manual method is slow
- It is unpredictable
- They can involve complex steps
- They may need experience to perfectly go through
- There can be data loss or file modification
- No guarantee of data safety
- Size limitations
- Email item limitations, etc
However, if you want to avoid these setbacks, you can use another method of OST to PST conversion which is the use of automatic professional tools.
How to convert OST to PST with an easy way – Shoviv OST to PST converter
Shoviv OST to PST converter is a certified solution to safely convert OST files to PST files without any risk. The tool has been created to safely recover and convert OST files without needing any experience. It has been created especially for normal users who want to migrate OST files to PST format without taking any chances. The tool offers you great results and comes with a set of powerful features that makes it the best OST to PST converter.
Most beneficial features of the OST to PST converter
- Convert multiple OST files to PST, Live Exchange, and Office 365.
- Retains the folder hierarchy of OST folders.
- Search for specific OST items with field names.
- Save OST file items to multiple formats like EML, MSG, HTML as well as vCard, etc.
- Split large PST files into smaller PST files during OST to PST transfer.
- File preview to view items before OST to PST migration.
- Recover corrupted or deleted OST file items.
- No size limitation for large OST files.
- 24*7 support assistance.
- You can also save the report for the future.
Convert OST to PST Using Shoviv OST to PST Converter:
Users can easily convert OST to PST within few simple steps using Shoviv Software. Any non-technical users can proficiently execute the conversion of OST files to PST file format with the below-given steps:
- At first, install and launch the Shoviv OST to PST Converter.
- Now click on the Add OST Files button, which is at the left corner of the ribbon bar.
- Now add OST files that you convert into PST file format. To add OST files, use the given options, which are Add, Remove, Remove All, and Search. If you have highly corrupted OST files, then check the “Advanced Scan” option.
- Here, users can preview the selected files under the folder list. The user can also expand the particular folder by clicking it. This feature assures users before they convert OST to PST.
- Click on the OST to PST button of the ribbon bar or by making right-click select the option “Save all Files in Outlook PST” to convert OST to PST.
- Now you will be prompted to the check/uncheck Sub Folders page. Here check/uncheck the subfolders and click on the Next button.
- The filter page will open. Apply the filter on the basis of “Process Message Class” and “Process Item Date Range” options. Click on the “Next” button after applying the criteria.
- Here provide the details for the resultant PST files. Choose whether you want to export in the existing PST file or want to create a new. For the new PST files, browse the location. Check the PST file type: Unicode or ANSI. Users can also set a password for the PST file. To get rid of oversized PST file issues, users can set PST file size, after which the PST file will split.
- Now, in actuality, the software will convert OST to PST. After completing OST to PST conversion, a message “Process Completed Successfully” will be appeared, click OK. A complete report of the process including Item count, Processed Item, Filtered Item, Failed item will be displayed.
These were the simple steps to convert OST to PST using user-friendly Shoviv OST to PST Converter Tool.
Interested? Try it for free!
You can now test the free demo of the Shoviv OST to PST converter. The free trial has been created to ensure that all interested users are able to check out the results before go-ahead. The full version is easily affordable and comes with great benefits too. You can also export the first 50 items per folder so that you can be sure that this is the tool that you want. Once you upgrade, there is no limit to the files that you can convert.