Windows Live Email is a discontinued email client developed by Microsoft. On January 10, 2017, Microsoft ended the official support for Windows Live Mail, but many Microsoft users are still using it. In Windows Live Mail, users commonly face Windows live mail error id 0x800ccc0f issue.
If you are one of them who are still using Windows Live Mail and facing error id 0x800ccc0f. Then this blog will help you to resolve error 0x800ccc0f. Here you will find the reasons which cause error id 0x800ccc0f in Windows Live Mail, and you also will find the solution to resolve this issue. Keep reading to find out:
Common Reasons that throws Windows Live Mail error id 0x800ccc0f:
Users face this error due to the Windows Live Mail bugs, incorrect settings of POP, firewall blocking, as well as antivirus blocking. This error happens due to many reasons. Whatever is the reason for the 0x800ccc0f error, the user has to resolve this issue. Otherwise, it can affect the security of the system. It also tracks the desktop data and browser history of your system.
Ways to Fix this Error
As we mentioned above, this error can happen due to various reasons, and there are many utilities to resolve this error. So users are recommended to try all given methods:
- Reinstall or Repair Windows Live Essential
This error can be eliminated by reinstalling and repairing Windows Live Mail. Follow the steps:
- Bring up the run box in your system by pressing Windowkey+R and then type appwiz.cpl.
- Find Windows Live Mail in the Program and feature’s dialog box.
- Make a right-click on the Windows Live Mail and choose the Uninstall/Change option.
- Now click on the Repair option and wait for the process to complete.
- After the process gets completed, reboot your system.
- Enable server authentication from account properties
Some users claim that they had fixed the error by enabling the server authentication from account properties. Follow the steps
- Open Setting and then choose the Account option.
- Now click on the Properties option.
- After entering the properties page, find the Server tab.
- Now make a click on the My Servers Requires Authentications options.
- At last, click on the Apply to confirm the changes.
- By Enabling SSL 2.0
People who are still using Vistas and older versions of the Windows Operating System can resolve the error by enabling SSL 2.0 in your browser.
- Location of SSL 2.0 in Internet Explorer :
- Open Internet Explorer, Go to Tools options.
- Then go to Options and choose the Advance option.
- Now click on the Security option and check the box associated with use SSL 2.0.
- At last, click on the Apply button to save your changes.
- Location of SSL 2.0 in Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome, click Three dots, then Setting. Now click on the Advanced option, then choose Network and change proxy settings and click on the Internet properties.
- In the Internet Properties dialog box, make a click on the Advanced option, choose the Security tab, and check the box associated with use SSL 2.0. In the end, click on the Apply button to enable the SSL 2.0.
These are the three manual ways to escape out from Windows live mail error id 0x800ccc0f. You can use any of them according to your requirements.
In case the manual method doesn’t work for you, you can use an automated solution that is Shoviv EML to PST converter. An automated solution is the best solution for this error. Shoviv EML to PST Converter will migrate all your EML file data into a PST file without any hassle and glitch. PST files are easy to port, easily accessible, hence used by many professionals nowadays.