Outlook Express is a free discontinued email client that used to come with Windows Vista, Windows XP, and older versions. Outlook Express uses the DBX file format for the data storage. On April 8th, 2014, Microsoft ended the support for Outlook Express. Many users have migrated Outlook Express emails to Outlook. And many are still looking for an efficient method to Export Emails from Outlook Express to Outlook 2016, 2019.
Reasons to Import Outlook Express to Outlook 2016
- Outlook Express can be used only with Windows XP and Windows Vista; both operating systems are old technology. If a user wants to update their windows, then they surely ace the problem to use Outlook Express. In this case, the user has to shift Outlook Express emails to Outlook.
- The main concern with Outlook Express is, it is an old application, and sometimes because of speed, users face many problems. On the other hand, Outlook is an advanced email client and offers easy to use GUI and much better features as compared to Outlook Express.
- The primary reason to migrate DBX to PST is Outlook Express only provide mails and contact services. Besides this, Outlook provides services like To-do lists, Contacts, Journals, Notes, and many more that Outlook Express might never think.
So these were few problems as well as issues with Outlook Express. Issues initiate users to convert DBX file to PST in Windows 10. Now the question is how to export Outlook Express to Outlook?
Ways to Export DBX to PST:
Manually users can Import Outlook Express files to Outlook using the Import-Export utility. But as we all know, Outlook Express uses the DBX file format to save the emails. On the other side, Outlook uses the PST file format for the same. Due to different file formats, transferring emails from DBX to PST is a complicated task. Let’s start:
Export Emails from Outlook Express to Outlook using the Import and Export Option:
- In Outlook 2010:Open Outlook, click on the File tab and then choose Open and hit the Import option.
- In Outlook 2007: Open Outlook, go to the File menu, and click on the Import and Export option.
- Now the import dialog box will open. Now choose the Import Internet Mail and Addresses option and then click on the Next button.
- Now choose the Outlook Express option. Then check the Import mail check box and click on the Next option.
- Now hit the Finish button. If you want to save the summary, click on the save in the Inbox option.
It was the manual way to import emails from Outlook Express to Outlook. In case, Outlook and Outlook Express install on different systems. Then you have to first locate and shift Outlook Express files to the system where Outlook configured.
Drawbacks of Manual Method:
As we all know, every coin has two sides, so for manual ways. They come free, but there are some limitations with the free manual solution to transfer emails from Outlook Express to Outlook. Some of them are
- The manual method is a very time-consuming and very lengthy approach. There is no guarantee of a successful migration.
- In the manual method, the minute errors will lead you to data loss. Even you may lose all your Outlook Express data.
- To pursue the manual method, technical expertise is required to transfer emails from Outlook Express.
- Your DBX file can get corrupted, or the manual method may alter the file’s original data structure.
To eliminate the risk of data loss and drawbacks of the manual method, users prefer an automated tool.
Shoviv DBX to PST Converter:
Shoviv DBX to PST Converter is a mastered utility to import emails from Outlook Express to Outlook. This software is developed by keeping eyes on every user’s needs. It is an advanced conversion tool, which comes with a free trial version. You can use the free trial to check the working efficiency of the software. This software provides many features to export emails from Outlook Express to Outlook.
- This DBX to PST converter is a professional utility, and it efficiently keeps the data integrity and maintains the folder hierarchy.
- This DBX to PST converter has a split feature that allows users to split to be over-size PST into multiple small sizes PST. Once the user selects the size to split, this software will automatically the files after reaching that particular file size.
- Users can preview the added data before exporting that to Outlook.
- DBX to PST Converter by Shoviv allows users to convert DBX files to PST files or other formats such as MSG and EML.
- This software is compatible with all versions of Outlook and Windows Operating System. It completes the Outlook Express to Outlook conversion task in a few simple steps without any hassle and glitch.
- The software is built by keeping all types of users. This software displays the status report after the conversion process, and users can save this log report for later use.
How do I transfer emails from Outlook Express to Outlook on another computer is a common query asked by Outlook Express users. Here we have described few methods to Export Outlook Express to Outlook. Now converting Outlook Express emails to Outlook is not a big deal for anyone. Whatever method you choose, choose wisely, and choose according to your need.