Last updated on May 28th, 2020
The Migration of Mailboxes from one Office 365 tenant to another Office 365 Tenant is not an easy task if you go manually. Users face many hurdles while the Office 365 Tenant to Tenant migration by the Power shell script, the manual method. The Office 365 Tenant to Tenant migration can’t be accomplished without completing the pre-migration tasks. Here, we will know about the basics that one should know before the migration.
- Domain Preparation: Users must prepare the domain by checking the following tasks.
- Verify the license of target Office 365 and its validity.
- Create admin accounts in Source and Target
- In target Office 365, create the user mailboxes, distribution groups, and room/resource mailboxes
- Synchronize the target domain with the source domain using AD DS tools.
- Domain Verification
- Verify the target tenant domain in MS Office 365.
- In the target admin center, add source domain and create the TXT record in Domain Name System (DNS).
- It will take 72 hours to show the alteration. Be sure that the domain is used in only one tenant.
- Schedule the Migration
- Have a list of user mailboxes that has to be migrated and for mapping, create a CSV file.
- Know the lowest value of TTL on the MX record. It will determine the time that takes place to go into effect after making any change.
- From the MS Office 365 admin center, disable the directory synchronization for the source tenant.
Download a trial version of Shoviv Exchange Server Suite to know in a better way.
- Halt inbound mail flow
Change the primary MS record to an unreachable value to stop the inbound mail flow to the source tenant.
- Prepare the source tenant
Erase the primary mail domain from all objects in the source tenant
- Prepare the target domain
Verify the source domain in the target domain
- When using Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), you have to configure a new domain in the target tenant for the ADFS.
- Now activate the new user accounts in the target domain and assign the license
- Now set the source domain as the primary email address on the new users.
- By this, you are capable of routing the emails to the new mailboxes.
- Now you can go for the mail flow from or to source and target tenant.
By doing all the Pre-migration and migration tasks, choose the migration method. Satisfactory migration can’t be done by the PowerShell Scripts. So, it is good to go with the third- party professional tool.
Shoviv Exchange Server Suite (Professional tool for Office 365 Tenant to Tenant Migration):
Shoviv Exchange Server Suite is a multitasking advanced software for the Office 365 Tenant to Tenant migration. The Software facilitates user-centric features and processing to effortlessly migrate. Have a look at its features:
- The Software provides proficient, accurate and handy Office 365 Tenant to Tenant migration.
- It allows adding multiple mailboxes as a source to export. Being a multi-tasking tool it can add EDB Files, Office 365 and Exchange Server as a source.
- The Software offers to export Office 365 mailboxes into the Live Exchange mailboxes, Office 365 mailboxes, and Outlook PST files.
- To facilitate users, it provides filter option, search option, folder mapping option and the preview option.
- The Shoviv Exchange Server Suite provides the complete recovery of EDB, PST and OST files.
- The users can export the added Live Exchange multiple mailboxes into Office 365 mailboxes, Outlook Configured Profile Stores, Outlook PST files, and Live Exchanger Server Mailboxes.
By going with the article, we can easily conclude that the manual Office 365 Tenant to Tenant migration is not a work of genius, as it comes with too many glitches and hurdles. Doing pre-migration tasks is good for always. And to migrate professionally and effortlessly with the hundred percent efficiency, Shoviv Exchange Server Suite is the best choice. To check its work and efficiency, it also provides a demo/trial version of the software which allows exporting the first 50 files per folder.
- How to Migrate Google Drive to Another Account Effortlessly? - September 15, 2023
- How to Transfer Files from Google drive to OneDrive? - September 13, 2023
- How to Migrate Emails from ProtonMail to Gmail Effortlessly? - September 12, 2023