Last updated on May 9th, 2022 at 03:30 pm
Are you looking for a solution to repair PST files or reached in a situation where you are not getting any idea to repair Outlook PST files? The discussion will help you provide the best method to repair the PST file. Before this, one should be clear why the PST files are corrupt?
What Makes PST Files Corrupted?
- Hardware Damage: Same as other PST files, PST files are also vulnerable to corruption. Issues related to any physical or hardware damage can make PST files corrupt.
- Sudden Termination of Outlook: Sometimes, we all shut down the Outlook or system without closing applications. It is never a good move, especially if you’re an Outlook user. Termination of Outlook randomly while the process is running in Outlook.
- Oversize PST: If you’re familiar with Outlook and have used its prior versions, you might know that different PST versions have different PST sizes. And when the PST file exceeds the size limit, there is high of its corruption.
- Virus Attack: I don’t think the virus needs any introduction. This one is the worst that can happen with a user. The entry of a virus or any malware issue also corrupts the PST file.
Download a trial version of Shoviv PST Repair tool to know in a better way.
So What Do Next?
The article suggests 2 different methods to repair Outlook PST. The first method is the manual method, named SCANPST.EXE, and another method is a professional third-Party tool called Shoviv Outlook PST Repair Tool.
Repair PST Files using ScanPST.exe
ScanPST.exe is an inbuilt utility of Outlook, also known as an inbox repair tool. To proceed with the manual method, follow the below-given steps.
- At first, properly exit Outlook and start to browse any of the following locations.
- Outlook 2016:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
- Outlook2013:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15
- Outlook 2010:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14
- Outlook 2007:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12
- Open the wizard for the Microsoft Outlook inbox repair tool opens.
- The next step is to click on the browse button at the right side corner. After that, start locating the required Outlook PST data files. Click on the start option to begin the scan process.
- When the scanning process gets completed, try to fix the minor or major issue by clicking on the repair option.
- Following, the dialogue box comes with the message Repair complete. Click on the OK button.
The process of SCANPST.EXE gets completed but not as wished. Also, ScanPST.exe has several limitations and drawbacks.
Why is the Manual Method Not for You?
- Risk of data loss: exe is a simple process; however, “too err is human,” and a single misstep can corrupt your PST file.
- PST size restrictions: ScanPST.exe restricts the users not to exceed the PST file size of more than 2 GB. Hence, only repair PST files that are up to 2GB. In my opinion, there is a rare chance for users to have 2 GB PST files.
- Repair minor corruptions: It is an inbuilt utility and can only fix the minor level of corruption. Hence if your PST is severely corrupted, you must opt for a third-party tool.
- Technical process: The manual methods process has 8 phases, and for the same, technical expertise is required.
A Professional Tool to Repair PST Files: For Everyone
To overcome manual method’s problems and offer a convenient user-centric solution, a professional third-party tool: Shoviv Outlook PST Repair Tool is available. It is one of the advanced tools to repair Outlook PST data. It serves the facility of quickly working in a user-friendly interface and supports all the versions of Outlook.
What Makes Shoviv Outlook PST Repair High in Regards?
- Repairs damaged PSTs: With this Outlook PST repair tool, users can quickly recover the damaged/corrupted PST files. Along with PST repairing, the software recovers hardly deleted items of the PST file as well.
- Maintains Folder hierarchy: The software is developed with a highly advanced algorithm and works in only read mode. In other words, the software doesn’t alter the PST files’ original hierarchy and properties.
- No Restrictions: The software is developed by keeping the users’ needs at the center of the development process and has no restriction on adding multiple and large PSTs. Hence you can repair PST files without any restrictions.
- Multiple Targets: After the repair and recovery process, the software offers popular file formats and servers to export the PST files. Users can export the PST file into Office 365, Live Exchange, and many more file formats.
- Incremental Export: Shoviv Outlook PST repair tool has an incremental export option that comes in handy to resume the interrupted process. For this, you have to apply the same settings as in the interrupted process and check the Incremental Export
- Splits resultant PST: We all know, Outlook has a size restriction of 50GB for PST files. And to eliminate the oversize in the resulting PST file, the software has a split feature. Users can split the resultant PST file into the desired size with the split feature.
- Free version: Shoviv Outlook PST Repair tool comes with a trial version, so users can check the software skills before purchasing the paid version. The free trial version also allows you to repair PST files and save the first 50 items per folder.
Steps-by-Step Process to Repair Outlook PST files:
- Install and open the Outlook PST repair tool.
- Then, Add PST files you want to repair.
- Click on the Outlook PST on the ribbon bar.
- Browse the location to save the resultant PSTs.
- Use filter option to exclude unwanted items.
- Click on the Next button to start the process.
- Once the process is done, click the Finish button.
Understand the Complete Process with Screenshots
- Start with installing the software and then launch it in your system.
- Secondly, click on the Add PST files option from the ribbon bar. Now the below-given wizard will open, Add or Search PST files. Check the Advance Scan option for severely corrupt PST files.
- Now click on the Outlook PST option from the ribbon bar or also can make a right-click and select the Save all files in Outlook PST option.
- In the following dialog, check/uncheck the subfolders to export and click on the Next button.
- Following will be export items in PST wizard. Browse the folder to save the PST file. Users can also select a particular size for resultant PST files and set a password on PST files.
- Next will be the filter wizard. You can include/exclude desired items on the message class and message date basis.
For email translation and other user-oriented features, click on Advanced Options.
Once done with all options, click Ok and then click the Next button..
- Now, the software will start the process to export PST files and display a live log report of the process. Once the process gets completed, click Ok and then click Finish.
As we discussed above, the solution is to repair PST files. We can conclude that the uneasy, slow-performing manual method does not result up to the mark. Therefore, to repair Outlook PST 2019, 2016, 2013, and 2010 professionally, the Shoviv PST Repair tool is a must.