Nowadays, most of the Outlook users generally face the problem in removing duplicate items in Microsoft Outlook 2016/2013.
If you are dealing with the same thing, then surely this article will help to remove the duplicate item in Microsoft Outlook 2016/2013. Before finding the method of avoiding duplication first, it is necessary to understand the reasons behind the emergence of duplication and its causes. Below are some reasons that led to the appearance of duplicate items.
- Incorrect configuration of rules.
Sometimes, the rules can configure improperly by mistake which creates confusion while receiving a message.
- Inappropriate mailbox setting
During the creation of Outlook account, only because of incorrect settings of the mailbox, users get the same data several times.
- Technical issues
Sometimes, the duplication of items caused due to the technical issue in the mailbox. It can occur when you activate the “leave a message on server” option and inaccurate configuration of Microsoft Outlook.
So, it is clear from the above statement that defines the reasons behind the duplication of items in Outlook. Now, moving to the causes of duplicate files.
What Duplicate Items Do?
- Duplication of PST file makes the file oversized which results in degraded performance of Outlook and sometimes it will be led to the corruption of the PST file.
- Let’s suppose we use the search feature for searching any PST file or item instantly. Then, in that case, Outlook takes a huge amount of time to search for a particular file from the entire list.
- More than one copy of Outlook items in Outlook sometimes affects the productivity of mailbox and causes an error.
Ways to remove a duplicate item in Outlook 2016/2013
There are 5 types of different approaches from which the users can find the best way to remove the duplicate items in Outlook. So, let’s start with them sequentially.
- Configure the rules correctly
The first method is to analyze the Outlook rules correctly. If the rules are not correctly configured, configured them properly.
- Setting up the inbox update frequency
Another method to remove duplicate items can be followed by using the below procedure.
- Open Outlook. Then, on the taskbar click on the send/receive button.
- Select send/receive groups >>define send/receive groups.
- Now, set “schedule an automatic send/receive every” value between 15 to 30 minutes. Then, click on the close button.
- Inbox clean up
To run the inbox cleanup for removing duplicate inbox email messages or any Outlook items, follow the steps to run the procedure:-
- Open Outlook.
- Select any mailbox folder.
- Then, on the taskbar click on the home button >> select clean up option. Now, time to configure the cleanup option.
- Clean up conversation will delete and move the duplicate emails that are in conversation.
- It (Clean up) folder will remove the duplicate emails from any particular folder.
- Clean up folders and subfolders will clean up the duplicate folders and subfolders.
- Right-click on the deleted item and then click on the empty folder it will permanently delete the emails.
- Anti-virus application
When the user found duplicate files in the mailbox due to the closing of the server and set of anti-virus applications. Even also sometimes, when the connection of the server is not shut down properly, then it will create duplicate files. To overcome, with this problem to remove duplicate items. One needs to go through the manual of the anti-virus application and disable the email protection.
Sometimes these methods are not successful in removing the duplicate data items in Outlook. Because they provide some limitation to the user. These manual methods allow the user to remove the duplicate items from one folder and remove them one by one. Hence, the process becomes very slow and time-consuming. Also, the manual method is quite uneasy and difficult to use. Therefore, the article suggests another automatic solution named as Shoviv Outlook Duplicate Items Remover Tool. One can easily remove the duplicate items with the help of Outlook Duplicate item Remover Tool. Shoviv Outlook Duplicate Items Remover Tool provides some valuable features to their users.
- It supports the batch conversion i.e. one can remove the duplicate item from multiple folders at one run.
- Outlook Duplicate item Remover Tool is quite simple and easy to use.
- This tool supports all kinds of Outlook versions.
- After, completing the process, the user is allowed to save it into a new PST.
So, it is clear from the above statement that Outlook Duplicate Items Remover is one of the suitable options to remove duplicate items in Microsoft.
Steps to run the Shoviv Outlook Duplicate Items Remover Tool
- Install and then open the Shoviv Outlook Duplicate Items Remover Tool.
- Click on the add option or search option. Select the required PST file and then click on the next.
- Browse for the target location and set the comparison criteria by check/uncheck the option. Also mark check on the item filter option to remove deleted items and then, click next.
- In the end, the dialog box appears to inform the process completed successfully.
So, for the best results and for professional handling, one must go with the Shoviv Outlook Duplicate Items Remover Tool. One can also try the free demo version of the tool before purchasing it. This Outlook Duplicate items remover tool is an automatic and professional tool. Free demo version allows users to easily convert and save the first 25 items/folder.