Outlook uses PST files to store users’ data and information. However, PST files also work as a workaround for backup, archiving, and migration. Sometimes, users are stuck in scenarios where they want to open a PST file but don’t have Microsoft Outlook installed, or their PST file has gone corrupt. In this article, I’ll describe how to open PST files without Outlook and in Outlook for free? Now you might think, why would users need to open PST files without Outlook? Well, you will find it in the below section.
Dowmload a free Outlook PST viewer tool to open PST file in a hassle-free manner.
Why users’ needs to open PST file without Outlook?
There are various circumstances when users need to open PST files without installing/having the Outlook application. For example:
- You want to share a PST file with someone, but the receiver doesn’t use Outlook, or their Outlook subscription has been expired and doesn’t want to purchase it again.
- Users want to view their old PST file data but no longer use Outlook as their email client.
- You are using a shared device and want to open a PST file but don’t want to install and configure Outlook.
In these scenarios, users have only two choices left. One is to convert it to a different file format as the PST files get only supported in Outlook. And the second one is to seek an automated tool that can open your PST file without installing Outlook.
How to open a PST file without Outlook?
Honestly, there are multiple native ways available, which comes in handy to open PST file without Outlook. Here I’m describing Google GAMMO Tool.
Google GAMMO Tool
It is a free tool by Google, allows users to export the PST file into Gmail and open PST files without Outlook.
Steps to use the Google GAMMO tool:
First thing first, to use the Google GAMMO tool, users must have a Google account.
- Firstly, download and open the Google GAMMO tool.
- Secondly, provide your Gmail address and click on the continue button.
- Now the tool will launch your preferred browser and asks you to sign in.
- In the next step, allows the permissions.
- Now select Outlook profile or PST files and choose options to migrate all or all migrate only new data. Then, click on the Next
- In the following window, select the data you want to move to Gmail and click on the Migrate button.
- Now the wait until your PST file is moving to your Gmail account. Once done, open your Gmail account, and now you can open the PST file without Outlook from your google account.
Using the Google GAMMO tool, you can open PST files without Outlook.
Open PST file emails in TXT format
If you have a PST file and Outlook but want to send the PST to one of you colleague who doesn’t have Outlook, then you can use this method. In this method, you have to save the required Outlook emails in TXT format and then send them to your colleague. By doing this, your colleague can access PST file emails without installing Outlook. Below is the step-by-step process to convert PST file emails in TXT format.
- At first, open Outlook.
- Secondly, select the emails you want to send/view.
- Then go to the File option on the top left corner and click on the Save As option.
- Now, selected emails will get saved in the. TXT format, and you can send them to the person who doesn’t have Outlook.
Now, I’ll describe a method to open PST files in Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, and 2019.
How to open PST file in Outlook 2010 and above versions?
To open a PST file in Outlook 2010 and above versions, pursue the following steps:
- Firstly, open the Outlook application in your system. Secondly, go to the File option in the top left corner.
- Now, go to the Open & Export tab and click on the Open Outlook data file
- Now, choose the PST file you want to open and click on the Ok
It is a simple process to open PST files in Outlook 2010 and later versions. Outlook won’t open the PST files if they were corrupted.
These are the three manual methods used to open PST files with Outlook and without Outlook. But the problem is these two methods only work if the PST file is healthy. In other words, these methods cannot open the PST files if they were corrupted.
Now the question arises how to open corrupt PST files without Outlook? Honestly, it is possible to open corrupt PST files to view PST file data. For this, you have to use a professional third-party PST viewer tool. But keep in mind that not all PST viewers can open the corrupt PST files. Below is a professional and free PST viewer tool that can open corrupted PST files.
Shoviv Outlook PST viewer
It is a professionally designed PST viewer tool that allows users to open and view corrupt PST files. The software comes for free and with free 24*7 technical support. Pursue the below-given steps to open the PST file using the Shoviv PST viewer tool
- Firstly, install and open the Shoviv PST viewer in your system.
- Secondly, click on the Add PST files option from the ribbon bar.
- Now a dialog will open, browse or search the PST file and click on the Ok button.
- After clicking the Ok button, the software will start recovering the deleted items.
- Once the recovery process gets completed, the software displays a preview of the PST files data with the Item property, Item body, recipients, and attachments.
It is the process to open and view corrupted & non-corrupted PST files in the Shoviv PST viewer tool. If you want to restore or export your corrupted PST file into Exchange Server and Office 365, then download and use the Shoviv Outlook PST repair tool.
This blog contains solutions to Open PST files without Outlook and with Outlook. Using the Shoviv PST viewer tool, users can open and view the corrupted PST file as well.
Can I open PST files in Gmail?
Yes, you can open PST files in Gmail using the Google GAMMO tool. I have already mentioned the step-by-step process to open the PST file in Gmail above.
What is the best PST viewer?
There are multiple vendors in the market, and without knowing everyone, we can’t say who is the best? You can install and use the Shoviv PST viewer tool and decide by yourself.
I have a corrupt PST file. Can I open and restore my PST file using Shoviv PST viewer?
No! By using the Shoviv PST viewer tool, you can open and view the data of your corrupt PST file. If you want to restore or export your PST file into Exchange Server and Office 365, install the Shoviv Outlook PST repair tool.
How to open .pst files without importing?
To view the PST file for free and without importing, download and use the Shoviv PST viewer tool.