Last updated on May 19th, 2023 at 01:10 pm
Since Office 365 provides larger email quotas, it’s better to move the email messages and other data from Outlook to Office 365. It will help you access all your emails from anywhere and any time, no matter what device you’re using. I’ve seen many Outlook users asking how to import PST to Office 365 account.
In this article, we’ll discuss Office 365, the benefits of Office 365, and why one should switch to this cloud-based service is. Also, I’ll help you learn how to upload PST to Office 365 using a professional solution.
Download and Try a free Demo of Shoviv PST to Office 365 tool to know in a better way.
Office 365 – An introduction
Many Office 365 users still don’t know what Microsoft Office 365 is. They often underrate or overlook the real benefit of Office 365. If you think it’s just a classic Office product, then you’re wrong. Microsoft Office 365 is a complete cloud-based productivity platform for business enterprises. It smartly empowers everyone to be creative and work together securely. It is not just a browser-based version of the Office suite. Although it contains all the Office components, it provides services like Skype for Business, Exchange Online, and SharePoint Online.
Things you Should Know about Office 365
It’s important to know the characteristics of Office 365 before switching to Office 365. For almost all types of businesses, Office 365 is the best option for cloud computing. If you are running a small or medium-sized business, it provides you with all the features and tools used by large enterprises. Below are the most common benefits of Office 365:
Widely Accessible: Being a cloud-based service, Office 365 allows users to access the data from anywhere on any device at any time. Also, the data is being regularly backed up by using advanced security measures.
Easy Setup and Management: It is straightforward to set up users with Office 365 and manage. You can start installing the tools right after you complete the setup process. You can do it by yourself or take help from your IT partner.
Excellent Collaboration: While using Office 365, you can easily edit the files, manage the projects remotely, communicate with your staff from anywhere, etc.
Simplified Migration: It is easy to migrate to Office 365, no matter which storage tools you’re using. Since Office 365 supports regular updates, you don’t need to migrate your data again.
Data Loss Prevention: There’s nothing more valuable than data and documents to a company. Losing any crucial information can be disastrous sometimes. The data protection and backup services offered by Office 365 help you avoid such loss. Being a world leader in cloud security and privacy, Microsoft assures you that your data is always safe in Office 365.
Always Up-to-date: If you switch to Office 365, you don’t need to wait a couple of years for the next product release of Microsoft. Instead, you’ll get instant updates and bug fixes as soon as they’re ready.
Why Import to Office 365?
Today many companies keep using outdated technology, and there are several reasons for that. They presume that their current platforms are good enough, and the staff is now familiar with the work style. And the most important reason is that migrating all the data over to the new platform might be cumbersome. But remember, employees who use modern technology are more creative, productive, and satisfied at work. So if your business hasn’t switched to a cloud service, do it now. For small to medium-sized businesses, it’s important to focus on business productivity. Using Microsoft Office 365, you can achieve this goal with a familiar Microsoft experience and excellent features at a low cost.
How to Import PST to Office 365 Account?
If your organization has switched to Office 365, you need to migrate your business data to this cloud-based service. Let’s talk about the crucial emails and other mailbox data stored in the classic Outlook application. How would you migrate emails to Office 365 account? Sometimes this might be a challenge if you don’t have sound knowledge. But don’t worry. I’ll help you with this. There are two ways by which you can import PST to Office 365 account: either you can try an easy DIY trick, or you can use a professional solution.
First, let’s start with the DIY trick that requires no 3rd party tool to import PST to Office 365. You must be familiar with the Import & Export feature of Microsoft Outlook. You’re going to use this feature here.
Export to a PST File
- Go to the Control Panel and click Mail (Microsoft Outlook 2016) (32-bit).
- On the Mail Setup dialogue box, click the Show Profile button.
- On the Mail dialogue box, click the drag-down arrow under Always use this profile option. Select Outlook, and click Apply > OK.
- Now launch Microsoft Outlook on your system. On the taskbar, click the File tab > Open & Export > Import/Export.
- On the Import and Export Wizard, select the Export to a file option. Click Next to continue the process.
- On the Export to a File dialog, select the Outlook Data File (.pst) option. Then, hit Next.
- On the Export Outlook Data File dialog, either select the entire PST file or a specific mailbox folder. Click Next to continue the process.
- Click the Browse button to define the location where you want to create this new PST file. Name this file and click OK to save it.
- Now select the option whether you want to avoid duplicate items or not. Finally, click Finish.
Now close Microsoft Outlook. Again, go back to the Control Panel and click Mail Microsoft Outlook 2016 (32-bit). On the Mail Setup dialogue box, click the Show Profiles… button. On the Mail dialogue box, click the drag-down arrow under Always use this profile option. Select Outlook 365 Email, and click Apply > OK.
Import PST to Office 365
- First, launch Microsoft Outlook on your system. On the taskbar, click the File tab > Open & Export > Import/Export.
- On the Import and Export dialog, select Import from another program or file option. Then, click Next to continue the process.
- On the Import a File dialogue, select Outlook Data File (.pst). Click Next to continue the process.
- On the Import Outlook Data File dialogue box, click the Browse… button to locate the PST file you want to import. Select the PST file, and click Open.
- Now select the option Do not import duplicates, and click Next to continue the process. Finally, click Finish.
You can take the help of this video tutorial to import PST to Office 365.
By using the above DIY trick, you can effectively import PST to your Office 365 account. However, there’s a major drawback to this manual trick. If you need to upload a large number of PST files, it’ll take enough time. Isn’t it annoying to upload multiple PST files to Office 365 one by one? So if you’re looking for an instant and effortless way, you should look for a professional solution to import PST to Office 365.
Why Choose Shoviv PST to Office 365?
Shoviv is a renowned name in the field of Software development. Shoviv provides a wide range of Software for Data Recovery, Email Conversion, Email Management, and Email Migration, and so on. The Shoviv PST to Office 365 Migration is embedded with the many looking for features. This tool comes very handily when Import PST to Office 365 and Live Exchange as well as to repair multiple PST files, Add and recover Multiple OST/PST files(corrupted and non-corrupted) along with these features other features are:
- Shoviv PST to Office 365 migration tool exports OST/PST files in Office 365 Mailboxes.
- It can export PST files into the Live Exchange and Office 365 mailboxes with Mapping PST files to the Live Exchange and Office 365 mailbox.
- The software has an Incremental Export option that enables users to resume the interrupted process.
- Shoviv PST to Office 365 saves OST/PST file items in EML, MSG, and HTML file formats.
- Users can Map the PST files folder and export data from one folder to another.
- It also removes duplicity from the PST file and excludes and filter already migrated items during the migration.
So, the above-given details are evident as to why to choose Shoviv software to import PST to Office 365.
Steps to import PST to Office 365 Mailboxes are:
- Step1: Install, Open and Add PST files.
- Step2: Click the Office 365 option on the ribbon bar.
- Step3: Now enter Office 365 admin credentials.
- Step4: Use the filter and advanced options as per need.
- Step5: The software will start to migrate PST to Office 365.
Detail Guide to Improve PST to Office 365 Import using Shoviv
- Download and open the Shoviv PST to Office 365 migration tool.
- Click on Add PST/OST Files option, available on the ribbon bar.
- A dialogue box will appear, here choose the PST file type (corrupted/healthy PST file, an option given at the top of the dialogue box).
- Click on the Add button and Add/Search PST files. (For an advance scan, you can mark the Advance Scan option).
- Check the required PST files, click on Next, and the list of selected files will be visible on the left side under the source list.
- Now click on the Office 365 option from the ribbon bar under the Export OST/PST files into the group.
- Then, Check/Uncheck subfolders and hit the Next button.
- Now Export into Office365 dialogue box will appear. Enter the Office 365 admin Credentials (User Email, Password, and Server Name) and click Next.
- Now map the PST with Office 365 mailboxes and click Next. (Multiple sources and target mapping, users can create and upload mapping CSV file).
- Next will be the filter wizard. Use the filter option on the Message class and message date criteria.
- Click the Advanced Options button for email translation and folder mapping features. Also, you can boost item fetching speed by smartly fetching only item header properties.
- Now click OK, and then hit Next. Now the software will start migrating PST to Office 365 mailboxes as per your settings. During the migration, the software will display a live report. (Wait until the migration process is running. After the migration process gets completed, you can save the migration report).
- At last, click on Finish.
By these simple steps, users can easily and perfectly import PST to Office 365.
Above, we discussed Office 365 and the benefits of cloud-based service. Also, we’ve talked about the aids of Office 365 and the complex manual way to import PST to Office 365. In the end, we can conclude that Shoviv PST to Office 365 migration tool is the best way to Import PST to Office 365 as it consists of a lot of features.
- PST Manager Tool – A Complete Solution to Manage PST Files - December 27, 2018
- How to Merge NSF Files with an Easy Manual Solution? - December 2, 2018
- Lotus Notes vs Exchange – Which is the Best Email Software? - November 29, 2018
Thanks for such a valuable piece of information!I tried the demo version, and I am quite impressed with the tool especially with its speed! But I just want to get assured, paid version works the same as the trial one?
Hi Albert Taylor,
Thanks for your appreciation!
And, Yes, the paid version/full version will work same as the demo, even the demo version will it self-activate into the full version after entering the Order number and Activation key that you will get after purchasing the software. So, don’t worry about the version, working is the same. The Demo version is a restricted form of the paid version.
Thanks for answering! I am going with this tool. I Hope, the Import process will be as smooth as seeming.
You don’t have to worry about software working. If for any reason you need assistance, you can contact our technical support team. Our experts are 24*7 available to assist you.
I have the task of importing PST files to Office 365 but I also want to save my data into MSG file format, will this tool help in this?
Hi Sain Walton,
Shoviv PST to Office 365 tool is a multi-functional software and along with importing PST to Office 365 it also allows to save PST files into several other file formats. Using this tool, you can easily save PST files into MSG file format.
Will I get any feature (Especially for filtering), while saving PST files to MSG, what will be the process of saving?
Yes, you will get features for filtering. You will get the option to filter based on “Process Message Class” and “Process Item Date”.
For saving, you just have to add PST files then go with the “Save Item” option that you will get after right-clicking or choose option from the ribbon bar. Then you will get an option for filtering, options for file target, option to create folder hierarchy. Other than MSG, options to save in EML, HTML, RTF, CAL, vCard, and vCal are also given.
Thanks for explaining all! Can I convert and save multiple files in one go? Is there any restriction in saving PST file items in .msg file format?
No, there is no restriction on saving multiple PST file items in one go. You can add numerous PST files and execute the task as per the need. Whether its exportation to Office 365 or saving into any file format.