Last updated on September 12th, 2022 at 05:41 pm
Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration is a difficult process if users try to execute the task manually. Migrating data to the cloud requires a lot of planning and a suitable methodology to do the task. If you do not perform migration adequately, it may lead to a long downtime for your organization. This can affect your work and business as well.
Download a trial version of Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration Tool to know in a better way.
Reasons for Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration:
Here are some of the major reasons that are initiating Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration.
- Massive Storage: – Office 365 saves your data in the cloud. It does not consume any local space. A user can save data without any worry in the cloud.
- Formatting Issue: – Office 365 is compatible with the standard HTML syntax and can easily render HTML/ CSS script efficiency.
- User-Friendly: – You don’t need to be trained for using Office 365. Any non-technical user can easily operate.
- Reduce Operational Cost: – Office 365 operational cost is low and provides flexible working.
- Business Goals: – Office 365 also supports business goals such as innovation, mobility, and agility.
- Advanced Services: Services like hosted Exchange Server, SharePoint, and Skype for Business Server and Yammer, etc. comes with Office 365.
Challenges in Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration:
The following options need to be considered while migrating emails, calendar, and tasks, as well as any such thing:
- Email Consideration: – Proper migration of emails is essential. Even a small amount of downtime can lead to a huge loss in business, workflow, and production problems. To address the impact on handling email attachments, the email routing needs to be planned carefully which can impact the time of email message delivery and the amount of data storage that is a prerequisite within that network. In the case of migration, the security of data can be considered to be a primary concern. In order to bring steadiness in the user email experience on the new email platform, the user profile needs migration.
- Contact, Address Book, and Calendars: – Successful Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration of address book content, calendars, and contact to O365 email environment for ensuring data migration.
- Security Fears: – Some users might fear about moving their data to the cloud. No need to worry here, Microsoft has plenty of security for your data. Microsoft has safeguarded to ensure that your data is safe during Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration process.
- Unifying Email: – Lotus Notes to O365 Migration requires all users to give their previous email platforms.
- Low Bandwidth: – An organization that has low bandwidth and a lot of data to migrate became frustrated. It is a lengthy migration process from on-premises to O365.
Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration Issues:
The most common issues faced during the process of migration are as follows:-
- Incomplete Migration:
Sometimes, the data does not migrate properly as desired by the user. It happens while migrating the data from one email platform to other user data.
- Viruses and Malware:
Virus and Malware are prone to be a threat while import if the proper Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration, does not carry out. A satisfactory third-party software always intends to resolve this issue. They do not impose any such migration issues of threat. Choose a good software solution correctly and no such malware or virus attack is possible.
An Adequate Solution:
Though there are manual steps available to accomplish this task, however, it does not guarantee successful data migration. It demands higher technical expertise. Thus we would like to recommend an adequate solution named Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration Tool that helps to get rid of such problematic issues.
It provides a swift, simple, and safe way for Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration. The user-friendly graphical interface makes this tool very easy to operate. This tool does not alter the data while performing the migration job. You can also read our previous blog on” Lotus Notes to Exchange Migration” if you are interested to know more about Lotus Notes migration.
Here in the above article, we looked at some of the migration issues that most of the users face. To avoid such issues, a professional tool is a must and that is Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 tool. Before migration, the user must aware of the product and its functionalities, hence using the demo version is recommended. The free demo version of Shoviv Software allows us to migrate the first fifty items per folder; check the working of the software.
- How to Migrate Mozilla Thunderbird to Gmail Effortlessly? - June 5, 2023
- How to Backup IMAP Emails from IMAP Mail Account? - May 19, 2023
- How to Transfer Emails from Gmail to Another Gmail Account? - April 17, 2023