lotus notes to office 365 Migration is a difficult process which can easily be processed under two criteria. First one is when you do have the technical expertise to perform the method. The second most when you contact the experts to perform this task. Migrating data to the cloud requires a lot of planning and suitable methodology to do the task. The major reason behind this is when you do not perform migration adequately, which may lead to a long downtime for your organization. This can become a reason to affect the business, also damage your work as well.
Before moving ahead, let’s have a look on the topics which we are going to cover in this article. They are:
- Reasons Which Leads to Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration
- Challenges in lotus notes to office 365 Migration
- Lotus to Office 365 Migration issues
- An Adequate Solution For Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration
- Final verdict
Reasons Which Leads to Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration
Here are some of the major reasons which lead to Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration.
- Massive Storage: – Office 365 saves your data in the cloud. It does not consume any local space. A user can save data without any worry in the cloud.
- Formatting Issue: – Office 365 is compatible with the standard HTML syntax and can easily render HTML/ CSS script efficiency.
- Email Clients: – Office 365 file formats are supported by other email clients like Apple Mail. Office 365 is easy to use and provides easy and fast working.
- User-Friendly: – You don’t need to have training in using Office 365.
- Reduce Operational Cost: – Office 365 operational cost is low and provides flexible working.
- Business Goals: – Office 365 also supports business goals such as innovation, mobility and agility
Challenges in lotus notes to office 365 Migration
The following options need to be considered while migrating emails, calendar, and tasks, as well as any such features from Lotus Notes to Office 365:
- Email consideration: – Proper migration of emails is essential. Emails have become one of the most vital and preferred media of communication which comprise a large percentage of users. These emails are also a great means to exchange data and files amongst the user. Most of the applications are dependent on emails. Even a small amount of downtime can lead to a huge loss in business, workflow and production problems. These are a few reasons, why Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration need to exist. To address the impact on handling email attachments, the email routing needs to be planned carefully which can impact the time of email message delivery and amount of data storage that is prerequisite within that network. In the case of migration, the security of data can be considered to be a primary concern. In order to bring steadiness in user email experience on the new email platform user profile needs migration.
More Challenges for Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration
- Contact, address book and calendars: – Successful Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration of address book content, calendars and contact to office 365 email environment for ensuring data migration.
- Security Fears: – Some employees might fear about moving their data to the cloud. No need to worry here, Microsoft has a plenty of security for your data. Microsoft has safeguards which ensure that your data is safe during Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration process.
- Unifying Email: – Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration requires all users to give their previous email platforms. It is done in the case the data can adapt to the new platform.
- Low Bandwidth: – An organization which has low bandwidth and a lot of data to migrate became frustrated. Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration is a lengthy migration process from on-premises to Office 365.
Lotus to Office 365 Migration issues
Most common Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration issues faced during the process of migration are as follows:-
- Incomplete migration:
Sometimes, the data does not migrate properly as desired by the user. It happens sometimes while migrating the data from one email platform to another user data.
- Viruses and malware:
Virus and Malware are prone to be a threat while import if the proper Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration does not carry out. A satisfactory third-party software always intends to resolve this issue. They do not impose any such migration issues of threat. Choose the good software solution correctly and no such malware or virus attack is possible.
- The absence of satisfactory tools to carry out the process
Sometimes while carrying out the process of Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration, a user must aware about the quality of migration products available in the market. The user cannot trust the product blindly which indeed is a major concern and issues for the end-users. This major concern and issues arise when the user selects a wrong product. Then the user faces several problems while migrating data even sometimes, they lost their data or due to incomplete migration. Choose the tool which provides the complete protection against the virus. The tool you should choose must be reliable and result oriented.
An adequate solution for Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration
Though there are manual steps available to accomplish this task appropriately. However, it does not guarantee successful data migration & demands a higher technical expertise. Thus we would like to recommend you an adequate solution named Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration which helps to get rid of from such problematic issues and successfully migrate from Lotus Notes to Office 365. To know more about it you can also read our previous article on GroupWise to Office 365 Migration.
It provides a swift, simple and safe way for Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration. The user-friendly graphical interface makes this tool very easy to operate. This tool does not provide any such data alteration while performing the migration job. You can also read our previous blog on ” Lotus Notes to Exchange Migration” if you are interested to know more about Lotus Notes.
Here in the above article, we looked at some of the migration issues which most of the user’s face while Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration along with options needs to be considered while migrating emails, calendar, etc. To avoid such issues, the user must aware of the product and its functionalities by using the demo version. The demo version is almost available free for every third-party solution.