The use of better emailing clients and servers has gradually become popular amongst the user for better services. Office 365 and Outlook are both brand names of Microsoft. However, some situations convince users to export Office 365 mailbox to PST. Scenarios like making the backup for Office 365 mailboxes, as we all know, Microsoft guarantees the security of user mailboxes, but it doesn’t provide the option to backup Office 365 mailbox data. Due to this, many IT firms choose to keep the backup of their valuable Office 365 data with themselves as a hard copy.
Download Exchange Recovery Manager tool to Export Office 365 Mailboxes to PST Format.
This blog will discuss the need to export Office 365 mailbox to PST file format. Besides this, we will describe a manual method and a third-party tool that helps you to make the task easy and hassle-free.
Topics we will cover in export Office 365 Mailbox to PST Process
- Reason to Export Office 365 Mailbox to PST
- How to export Office 365 Mailboxes to PST
- Microsoft’s Solution to Export Office 365 mailbox to PST
- Limitations of the manual solution
- Third-Party Solution to export Office 365 mailbox to PST
- Steps to Install Shoviv Exchange Recovery Manager Tool
- Steps to perform conversion of Office 365 to PST using this tool
- The most significant action of the Shoviv Exchange Recovery Manager Tool is to perform Office 365 to PST conversion.
- The advantage of using the third-party solution
- Final verdict
As we all know, Office 365 is a cloud-based software as a service product of Microsoft and is very advanced by all means. The Office 365 comprises a wide variety of features such as OneNote, Publisher, Skype for Business, Access, etcetera, which has made it popular within a short period.
On the other hand, Outlook is an email client that comes as a part of the Microsoft Office suite. It generally assists with emailing, maintaining a calendar, contacts, taking notes, journals, etc. Outlook stores information and data in two different file formats known as OST and PST.
Reasons to export Office 365 Mailbox to PST
Listed below are few circumstances when the user needs to Export O365 Mailbox to PST:
- Since Microsoft doesn’t provide any built-in option to export Office 365 mailbox to PST file, the user seeks a DIY option for accomplishing the same task.
- Archive Office 365 mailbox in Local disk: By converting Office 365 in PST file, the user can save office archive mailbox to local disk and accordingly work as a preference.
- Reduce the size of Office 365 mailbox: The user can reduce the size of Office 365 mailboxes by keeping a backup of the Office 365 mailbox in PST file format.
How to export Office 365 Mailboxes to PST
There are two options to export Office 365 mailbox to PST: one is the manual method, and the other is with the help of professional software, which will assist you to convert Office 365 to PST effectively.
Microsoft’s Solution to Export Office 365 mailbox to PST
Step 1: Log in to Office 365 with Administrator credentials.
Step 2: Open the Admin center and click on the Security option available on the left side.
Step3: Click on the Permission option and select the eDiscovery manager option.
Step 4: Scroll down to the eDiscovery administrator option and click on the Edit option.
Step 5: Now select the administrator for eDiscovery and click on the Save option.
Step6: After this, click on the search option from the left pane and then select the content Search option.
Step 7: In the content search window, click on the new search option, provide the name and description for the new search, and select the location/mailboxes to export. At last, add conditions and click on the Submit button.
Step 8: Now go back to the search window and select your last created search. Now a window pops up. Here click the Action option and then click Export result from the dropdown menu.
Step9: Once done, click on the Export option on the search window and choose your search (Search may take few hours to blink on the Export tab). Now copy the export key (will need in next step) and click on the Download results option.
Step 10: After clicking on the download result option, a Microsoft Office client discovery utility will be downloaded on your system. Open the utility, paste the Export key in the respective edit box, and then browse the location to save the PST file. At last, click on the Start button.
Limitations of the manual solutions
- The manual method for export Office 365 mailbox to PST is lengthy and consumes a lot of time.
- It cannot export selective data altogether, for example, emails, calendars, and contacts.
- This method does not provide any filter option to export items.
The manual method to export Office 365 mailbox to PST requires technical expertise. Thus, non-technical users may find it challenging to operate.
A third-Party solution to export Office 365 mailbox to PST
Those who find the above process techie can go with the third-party solution.
Shoviv Exchange Recovery Manager is a very professional and easy tool to convert Office 365 into PST files. It offers a wide variety of features. It allows users to export Office 365 mailbox to PST files, other file formats such as EML, MSG, HTML. Besides this, users do not require any technical expertise while performing these conversions, such as Office 365 to PST or msg, .eml.
Steps to Install Shoviv Exchange Recovery Manager Tool
Convert Office 365 mailbox to PST files using Shoviv Exchange Recovery Manager.
First, install the software into your system
- Download the software from the Shoviv Exchange Recovery Manager
- Double click on the downloaded .exe file
- Follow the necessary instructions
Steps to perform conversion of Office 365 to PST using Shoviv Exchange Recovery Manager Tool
- Open the software by double click on the icon of the software
- Click on Demo if you haven’t made the purchase yet.
- Add Office 365 mailbox by clicking the Add option from the ribbon bar.
- Now the Add source wizard will pop up, in which click on the “Office 365 mailboxes” button and insert Office 365 username & password and click Next.
- After clicking the “Next” button, the screen will display Office 365 mailboxes list, as shown below.
- You can select the desired mailboxes from the list using checkboxes for adding mailboxes as a source. Now, click on the “Finish.”
- After adding Office 365 mailbox, go to the ribbon bar and select export in Outlook PST to export Office 365 mailbox to PST.
- After clicking on the Outlook PST files, a Wizard will open. Check the Mailboxes you want to export to PST files.
- When selecting the custom folder selection by clicking on it, the custom mailbox dialog will get open. The user can check/uncheck office 365 mailboxes as a preference, along with the options to include and exclude mailboxes folders as given below.
- Click “ok” after the selection of custom folders.
- After clicking next, a filter page will open, where the user can filter Office 365 mailboxes items using message class and item date.
The vital step of the Shoviv Exchange Recovery Manager Tool is to perform Office 365 to PST conversion.
After clicking on the “next” button, the target selection page will open in which the user needs to select the “export on existing PST” or “export and create new PST files” option. The “Export on existing PST” option will only be enabled when only one mailbox is exporting. The user needs to choose the PST split option if required. Then click “next.”
- And finally, after clicking on the Next button, the conversion process will convert the selected Office 365 into PST.
- The status page will continuously display the information about the mailbox and folder which is in progress. It also shows how many email items are there in the folder and how many have completed the processing.
- Please be patient while the export Office 365 mailbox to PST process gets completed. Once the process is complete, you can save the process report in HTML format for record purposes by clicking the “Save Report” button.
- When the export process gets completed, the finish button will show, after which the user can click on “Finish.”
The advantage of using the third-party solution to Export Office 365 Mailbox to PST
- The third-party method is smooth, secure, and user-friendly to export Office 365 mailboxes to PST
- Allows selective multiple conversion Office 365 mailboxes to PST
- It does not consume a lot of user time
- Instant conversion of Office 365 to PST file format
- No technical expertise is required to export Office 365 mailboxes to PST
- Can split large sized PST files as per user requirement
- Can filter mailbox items according to selective date ranges or item types
- Creates new resultant PST files along with password protection
- It generates Unicode and ANSI files as per the users’ needs.
We would conclude that there is a need amongst the users to export Office 365 mailbox into PST file format. For the effortless conversion of Office 365 to PST files, we recommend users go with third-party software such as Shoviv Exchange Recovery Manager . It is proficient at managing such tasks and providing satisfactory results with no interruption.