The use of better emailing clients and servers has gradually become popular amongst the user for better services. Office 365 and Outlook are both brand name of Microsoft, however, due to some reasons situation may ascend which convince the users to export Office 365 mailbox to PST. Situations like making the backup for Office 365 mailboxes, since office 365 doesn’t provide the option to hard backup for the data of user mailbox even though the office guarantee the security of user mailbox data some it firms choose to keep the back of their valuable data with themselves as hard copy.
Here in this blog, we will discuss the need to export Office 365 mailbox to PST and manual methods as well as third party tool to achieve this task which helps you to make the task easy and hassle-free.
Topics we will cover in export Office 365 Mailbox to PST Process
- Reason to Export Office 365 Mailbox to PST
- How to export Office 365 Mailbox to PST
- Manual method to Export Office 365 mailbox to PST
- Limitations of the manual solutions
- Third Party Solution to export Office 365 mailbox to PST
- Steps to Install Shoviv Exchange Server Migration Tool
- Steps to perform conversion of Office 365 to PST using Shoviv Exchange Server Migration Tool
- The most important step of Shoviv Exchange Server Migration Tool to perform Office 365 to PST conversion.
- The advantage of using the third-party solution to Export Office 365 Mailbox to PST
- Final verdict
As we are aware of this fact that Office 365 is the brand name used by Microsoft which includes Microsoft Office and other services, such as email and collaboration, from Microsoft’s cloud server. The Office 365 comprises a wide variety of features such as OneNote, Publisher, Skype for Business, Access, etc. which has made it popular within a short span of time.
On the other hand, Outlook is an e-mail client which comes as a part of Microsoft office suite, often used for the purpose of emailing, maintaining a calendar, contact, taking note, journal, etc. Outlook stores information’s and data in two different file formats known as OST and PST.
Reasons to export Office 365 Mailbox to PST
Listed below are few circumstances when the user needs to Export Office 365 Mailbox to PST:
Since the office 365 doesn’t provide any built-in option to export the Office 365 mailbox to PST file, the user goes to find the DIY option for accomplishing the same task.
- Archive Office 365 mailbox in Local disk: By converting Office 365 in PST file, the user can save office archive mailbox to local disk and accordingly work as a preference.
- Reduce the size of Office 365 mailbox: By export Office 365 to PST the user can reduce the size of the Office 365 by keeping back up of Office 365 mailbox in PST file format.
How to export Office 365 Mailbox to PST
In order to export office 365 mailbox to PST successful, there are two options, one is the manual method and other is with the help of software tool which will assist you to effectively export Office 365 to PST.
Manual method to Export Office 365 mailbox to PST
- Step 1: Login to Office Account online with Administrator credentials
- Step 2: Next, Go to Admin > Exchange
- Step 3: Click Permissions from the left pane. Go to Admin Roles >> Discovery Management
- Step 4: From Discovery Management, click ‘+’ sign to add Roles
- Step 5: Now click on ‘Mailbox Import/Export’ below roles
- Step 6: Under ‘Members’, click the ‘+’ sign again and click once on the name of the user
- Step 7: Click on “Save” after finishing the necessary steps
- Step 8: Go to “Compliance Management >> in-place eDiscovery & hold” and click on the New (+)
- Step 9: From “In-Place eDiscovery & Hold” dialogue box, type the name and click on the Next button
- Step 10: After that choose the all mailboxes by clicking on “Search all mailboxes” or the selected ones by “Specify mailboxes to search” option and adding the ‘+’
- Step 11: Set the filters and click on the Next button from the next ‘Search query’ screen
- Step 12: The next dialogue is “In-Place Hold Settings” from where you can specify the number of days for which the items are to be kept before they are deleted from the server
- Step 13: After that, click on the “Finish”
- Step 14: Finally, click the “Close” button after appearing confirmation message
- Step 15: Now finally all the generated search gets listed, after the completion of the process, results, you can now click on the downward arrow to export the .pst files
Limitations of the manual solutions
- Manual method for export office 365 mailbox to PST conversion is lengthy and moreover consumes a lot of time
- Selective data such as emails, calendars, contacts cannot be exported altogether
- No filter items have been provided to export items
- The manual method to export office 365 mailbox to PSTrequires technical expertise for the proper conversion. Thus, non-technical users may find it difficult to work with
Third Party solution to export Office 365 mailbox to PST
Those who find the above process techie can go with the third-party solution like, Shoviv Exchange Recovery Manager which is very proficient and easy while it comes to convert Office 365 into PST files.
The software comes with wide variety of features which allows exporting Office 365 mailbox to PST file as well as other file formats such as eml, msg html, and the user does not require any technical expertise while performing these conversions such as Office 365 to PST or msg, eml.
Steps to Install Shoviv Exchange Recovery Manager Tool
Convert Office 365 mailbox to PST files using Shoviv Exchange Recovery Manager.
First, install the software into your system
- Download the software from Shoviv Exchange Recovery Manager
- Double click on the downloaded .exe file
- Follow the necessary instructions
Steps to perform conversion of Office 365 to PST using Shoviv Exchange Server Migration Tool
- Open the software by double click on the icon of the software
- Click on “demo” if you haven’t made the purchase yet
- Add Office 365 mailbox by clicking the Add option from the ribbon bar
- “Add source” wizard will pop up, in which click on “Office 365 mailboxes” button and insert Office 365 username and password after which click Next
- After selecting the “Next” button, the Office 365 mailbox list will be displayed as shown below. You can select the desired mailboxes from the list using checkboxes for adding mailboxes as a source, after that click on the “Finish”
- After Office 365 mailbox is added. Go to ribbon bar and select export in Outlook PST to export Office 365 mailbox to PST
- After the click on the Outlook PST files, a Wizard will open. Check the Mailboxes you want to export to PST files
- When selecting the custom folder selection by clicking on it, the custom mailbox dialog will get open where the user can check/uncheck office 365 mailboxes as preference along with the options to include and exclude mailboxes folders as given below
- Click “ok” after custom folder selection has done
- After clicking next, a filter page will open where the user can filter Office 365 mailboxes items using message class and item date
The most important step of Shoviv Exchange Server Migration Tool to perform Office 365 to PST conversion
After clicking on the “next” button, the target selection page will be opened in which the user needs to select “export on existing PST” or “export and create new PST files” option. “Export on existing PST” option will only be shown when only one mailbox is selected for export. The user needs to select the PST split option if required. Then click “next”.
- And finally, after clicking on “Next” button the conversion process will start to convert the selected Office 365 into PST.
- The status page will continuously provide you with the information about which mailbox and which folder is being processed and how many email items are there in the folder and how may has already been processed.
- Please be patient while the export Office 365 mailbox to PST process gets completed, once the process is completed you can save the report of the process in HTML format for record purpose by click “Save Report” button.
- When the export process is complete finish button will show after which user can click on “Finish”
The advantage of using the third-party solution to Export Office 365 Mailbox to PST
- Third party method is smooth, secure and user-friendly to export Office 365 mailbox to PST
- Allows selective multiple conversion Office 365 mailboxes to PST
- Does not consume a lot of user time
- Instant conversion of Office 365 to PST file format
- No technical expertise required to export Office 365 mailbox to PST
- Can split large sized PST files as per user requirement
- Can filter mailbox items according to selective date ranges or item types
- Create new resultant PST files along with password protection
- Create Unicode and ANSI files while the process of conversion is taking place
Hence, we would like to conclude that there is a need amongst the users to convert Office 365 mailbox into PST file format, thus for the effortless conversion of Office 365 to PST file we would recommend users to go for third-party software such as Shoviv Exchange Recovery Manager which proficient to manage such tasks and provide satisfactory results with no interruption.