Last updated on September 8th, 2022 at 06:06 pm
When thinking of Office 365 backup, many users ask what incremental backup is and how it is different from a full backup. It is commonly come to see that the users search for the Incremental Backup vs Full Backup. Here, in this article, we will know all about the different types of backup and their significance.
Firstly, let’s make it clear why people usually take a backup of Office 365 mailboxes?
- In the end, Microsoft is not solely responsible for your data. Here, in Service Availability section 6, you can read what Microsoft says in the event of an outage and backup needs.
- You can access and use data even in the condition of an outage.
- If you don’t want to pay an extra storage charge, then backup provides an extra edge for this; you can reduce your data size from Office 365.
- PST file format is the best suitable for the backup of Office 365 mailboxes as it is easy to open and access.
Download a trial version of Shoviv Office 365 Backup and Restore to know in a better way.
Incremental Backup vs Full Backup
An Incremental Backup is different from a Full Backup. A full backup is a complete copy of your data. While Incremental takes the backup of data that changed since the last backup. Suppose if your organization takes backup of data on Monday and further takes backup on Friday, then if you go with full backup, it will back up your whole data again. And for the same case, if you have the option of incremental backup, then it will backup data that is increased or changed in that period.
What are the Advantages of Incremental Backup?
- The incremental Backup option saves storage space; no need to take complete data time and again.
- Relatively it takes less time to complete backup.
- It reduces the cost of data storage in the local machine.
- It requires the least bandwidth.
- This option also prevents the duplicity of data.
How to take Incremental Backup of Office 365 Mailboxes?
PST file format is a very preferred file format for the backup. Manually incremental backup of Office 365 mailboxes is not possible. Using manual methods like “E-Discovery” or “Export-Import option” you can just export Office 365 mailboxes to PST. It is just a method of copying data from Office 365 mailboxes following various technical steps in the guaranteed result.
To take Incremental Backup, the use of a professional third-party tool is the only suitable way. Shoviv Office 365 Backup and Restore Software is an advanced software for the backup of Office 365 mailboxes. It has numerous features for an efficient and effortless backup process. The incremental Backup option is one of its highlighted features. Let’s know about it in detail:
Shoviv Office 365 Backup and Restore Tool:
Shoviv Office 365 Backup and Restore Tool is one of the prominent incremental backup software to backup Office mailboxes into PST. The software has a straight and user-friendly GUI, and any user can easily execute the backup task. Some of its highlighted features are:
- It takes backup in the Outlook PST file format.
- The user can add and backup multiple mailboxes in a single go.
- You can schedule the periodic backup using the option like Daily, Weekly, and Monthly.
- It runs on a Job-based backup process, provides a Filter Option, and can run multiple jobs at a time.
- Along with backup, this software is also an expert in restoring data. It proficiently restores data from the PST file to Office 365.
- A free trial version of the software is also available that allows processing the first fifty items per folder.
Common Queries related to Incremental Backup?
Why do we need Incremental backup?
Actions like sudden power loss, connectivity issues, human error, and many more can interrupt the process. And when we restart the process, it takes more time and creates duplicate emails in the target. For eliminating this problem, Shoviv software provides an Incremental option that allows users to resume the process from the last interruption point without creating duplicates. It also saves users time. If you pay for your storage, then it can also save few dollars for you.
When to take incremental backup?
The incremental option comes in handy if the process gets interrupted due to any reason. Also, you can take the Incremental backup if you’re continuously using the email client and doing a backup after a period.
If you’re doing a backup after few days, then the software will only export the items increased after the last backup.
What are the conditions to take Incremental backup?
Whenever you take Incremental export/backup, you have to ensure some conditions:
- The source and target mapping must be the same.
- Folder mapping should be the same as the last process.
- Ensure you have the log report of the process.
Why Shoviv Office 365 backup and restore tool is the best to take Office 365 incremental backup?
Shoviv Office 365 backup and restore tool has a default Incremental Backup facility with the scheduler feature. Hence, users can schedule the backup process simultaneously, daily, weekly, and monthly basis and software will always take incremental backup. By using the Shoviv Office 365 Backup and Restore tool, you can have the full backup of Office 365 for life long.
Prevention is better than cure hence taking backup is a wise step. To take a backup of Office 365 mailboxes, PST file format is the best suitable option. To proficiently and perfectly backup the Office 365 mailboxes, Shoviv Office 365 Backup and Restore Software provides an advanced way with the features like Incremental Backup. Users must download the free trial version of the software to check the working efficiency for their task.
- How to Import Google Takeout to Gmail in a new Account? - January 18, 2023
- How to Import Outlook to Thunderbird? - December 17, 2022
- How to Fix “Sync G Suite for Outlook” – Complete Solution - December 5, 2022