There has been an incredible jump seen in the migration of businesses into cloud-based platforms. Due to the remarkable features, many organizations prefer using the cloud platform. When we talk about best cloud-services, no one can match Office 365. If you are searching for how to migrate your data into Office 365, you have landed on the right post. In this blog, we will describe the complete process to import PST to Office 365.
What is Office 365?
Office 365 (Microsoft 365) is a famous cloud-based platform. It lets users save their data on the cloud server in simple words it makes the data accessibility easier than ever before, from anywhere on any device. All you need an internet connection to access the data. The ease of accessibility is one of the key reasons why big organizations and businesses are migrating to Office 365.
Download a trial version of Shoviv PST to Office 365 to know in a better way.
Import PST to Office 365 Manually
We have divided the process into various steps, follow all the care, and import your PST to Office 365.
Step 1: Upload Outlook PST file into Office 365
To Import PST to Office 365, follow the underneath steps.
- First, open your Office 365 Admin Account and head to Admin Center and pick the Exchange option.
- From the window click on Permissions, a list will pop up and you have to choose Organization Management, + sign, Mailbox import-export, Add, and ok.
- Now go back on the Organization Management window and choose the Mailbox import-export and click on the Save.
- When you are done, move to Admin Center and pick Setup then Data Migration, and hit on Upload PST file.
Step 2: Create a Job and upload Exchange Online
- When you hit the upload PST file after that you need to create a job by clicking on New Import Job and type the Job Name and click on Next.
- Now check on Upload your data option and hit on NEXT again.
Step 3: Install the Azure tool and use SAS URL
- After hitting the next option, a window will pop up. Now, click on the Show Network Upload SAS URL, copy the URL by hitting on the clipboard and paste on the notepad. When it completed go to Download Azure AzCopy and install the tool.
- When it is installed, just open the application and type the given command.
Note: While using this process, you have to allow the sharing permission of your folder or file where the PST file is saved. And copy the network path.
AzCopy.exe/Source:\\Network Path/Dest:” SAS URL”/V: give the location to save log file\AzCopy.log/Y
- Now hit the Enter button.
Now the PST file is effectively stored on the Azure AzCopy tool, now close this window.
Step 4: Create a CSV file to move PST file into Exchange Online
After storing data into the Azure tool, you need to create a CSV file to import PST to Office 365 Mailbox. Mention the below-given details in your CSV file.
Workload: Import PST files into the user mailbox.
File Path: To require the file or folder position. You can leave it empty.
Name: Give a name to the PST file that will be imported into the user mailbox.
Mailbox: Enter the email address of the mailbox, where the PST file will move.
Is Archive: To import the PST file into the user’s archive mailbox type TRUE else FALSE.
Target Root Folder: The mailbox folder that the PST file is imported.
- Now head to the Import Data and hit on the Next.
Step 5: Create PST migration mapping file
- Now you need to upload the CSV file by hitting the Select mapping file then allow it after it has done just click SAVE.
- When you click on save your PST file will successfully move to the Office 365account and then click on Close.
Downsides of Manual Solution
Though the manual solution is pretty effective but it has major drawbacks, some of them are given under:
- The Network Upload technique for migrating emails from Outlook PST to Office 365 is time-consuming and required technical skills.
- You need to be knowledgeable to use the migration process. A non-technical user will find it difficult to understand the process.
- Manual migration of PST file to Office 36 5is not safe, it has the risk of data loss
Consequently, it is suggested to use a professional solution to import PST to Office 365accounts. Shoviv PST to Office 365 Migration tool is an automated and dependable solution for you.
One can also read another post to know about third-party solution to import PST to Office 365
Migration Using Shoviv PST to Office 365 Tool
Shoviv PST to Office 365 is a handy tool that is loaded with advanced and user-friendly features. It easily imports archive mailboxes & public folders and enables selective migration of wanted data with its advanced filters. The Software also helps to add corrupted PST files for the recapture. This software comes with the user-friendly GUI and user-oriented features. A trial version of the software is also available to download free of cost.
Features of Shoviv PST to Office 365 Tool
Import Complete data: Using this wizard, users can import complete mailboxes from PST files such as Inbox, Sent Mails, Drafts, Trash, and any other folders available on the PST file.
Include Attachment Files
This tool lets users include attachment files in their particular emails. So, you can effortlessly access all your attached data in your Office 365 account.
Not just Import PST to Office 365 but users can also simply import PST files to EML, MSG, vCal, vCard, and HTML file formats.
Recover PST File
Using Shoviv PST to Office 365, users can also recover inaccessible damaged and corrupted PST files in no time.
No File Size Limitation
This tool has no limitation regarding file size; you can import PST to Office 365 without concerning about size.
Supports Windows OS
This tool is compatible with every operating system and version of Windows such as Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP. You can run this tool on both 32-bits as well as 64 bits.
Shoviv tool comes with a free demo version and it has all features which the premium version has. The demo version migrates the first 50 items from each folder effortlessly.