Last updated on May 24th, 2023 at 04:06 pm
Today many businessperson, doctors, students, and professionals cannot complete their day without Gmail. It is a free service provided by Google in 2004. Today Gmail has the most active users and is present to almost everyone for email registration on different platforms. If we turn back, we will know there was a time when people used Outlook for registration on different platforms, but now the time is changed, and now maximum user wants to import PST to Gmail.
In this write-up, we’ll focus on few well-known and reliable solutions to import PST files to Gmail.
Before we discuss why a user imports PST to a free Gmail account, let’s look at a few user queries to understand the issue better.
User Query 1
Greetings! I’m the manager of an IT firm, and we use Outlook as our professional email provider. We’ve encountered an issue, so we’re transferring to Gmail. As I work in customer service, I have to send many emails to clients daily, and the data in my email folder is essential. I’m not sure how to transfer my PST files to Gmail without Outlook – any assistance would be much appreciated. Do you have any ideas for an all-in-one solution to this?
User Query 2
Last week, I attempted to upgrade from Microsoft Office 2010 to 2016, but encountered errors during the installation, including “Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 encountered an error during setup” and “Microsoft bootstrap loader has stopped working.” Despite my efforts to contact Microsoft and search their blogs, I was unsuccessful in resolving the issue, and now I do not have either version of the program installed on my computer.
Unfortunately, I only have an 19GB PST file that contains 12 years’ worth of contacts and emails that I reference weekly. As a temporary solution, I installed Thunderbird, but the latest version does not support PST file imports. Therefore, I need to import the PST file into a Gmail account or convert it to an mbox file that I can import into Thunderbird. Can Gmail import an 19GB file in one go without using Outlook?
After reading the user’s request, it’s clear they need help uploading their PST to Gmail. Let’s look at the other common reasons for transferring PST files to a Google Mail account.
Looking to import your emails from Outlook PST file to Gmail? Shoviv Email Backup & Restore has got you covered. Don't miss out on the benefits of using Gmail or Google Workspace for your business. Instant Solution 1: Use Shoviv IMAP Backup & Restore tool for importing Outlook PST emails to your Gmail personal account.
Compelling Reasons to Import PST into Gmail
- Gmail provides a free storage facility of 15GB for both Google Drive and Gmail.
- Users can use the various applications using a single Gmail account.
- Gmail provides 2 step verification facility. Also, emails sent using Gmail gets automatically encrypted in transit using TLS.
- Users can access Gmail from any device, for example, Android, Desktop, Windows, Mac, iOS. Also, users can remotely log out of Gmail from all devices.
- Gmail has a lot of extensions that can be installed in Chrome. And also, many add-ons can be integrated directly into Gmail.
Now, after I discussed the reasons to import PST file to Gmail, I am expressing two simple and reliable approaches for importing PST files to Gmail.
Instant Solution 2: Use Shoviv Google Workspace Backup & Restore to seamlessly transfer all your
important emails, contacts, and other data from Outlook PST to your G Suite (Gmail for business).
Methods to Import PST Files to Gmail Account
Here I’ll discuss two methods, and both methods can import PST to Gmail without Outlook. One is Google Workspace migration for Microsoft Outlook (GWMMO), and another one is a third-party tool named Shoviv IMAP Backup and Restore tool.
Method 1: Import/Upload PST File to Gmail Using GWMMO
- Start with downloading the GWMMO tool.
- Now launch the tool, provide an email address and click on the Continue
- Then, allow the permissions. After that, a dialog will appear. Here choose the Outlook profile or PST file to migrate and click
- Following, choose the folders you want to migrate from the PST file and click on the Migrate
- Now it will start to migrate the PST file to Gmail, and you can monitor the process on your screen.
- Once done, verify it by logging in to the Gmail account you have provided earlier in the process.
It is how you can import Outlook PST to Gmail for free. With the GWMMO tool, users can import existing email, calendar, events, and personal contact from PST file to Gmail account. But the GWMMO tool imports only personal contacts and also it takes too much time; more than your expectations.
Drawbacks of Using the GWMMO Method:
There are a few drawbacks to using the GWMMO method to import PST to Gmail. The GWMMO Method can come with a few challenges, as it requires some technical knowledge. Here are the potential issues you may face when using this method:
- A user who is unfamiliar with the interface of Gmail may find this method very confusing since it is not very user-friendly.
- The import of PST files into Gmail can only be done with Writeable PST files, not with Read-Only PST files.
- The process of importing multiple PST files into one or more Gmail accounts takes place one at a time. This is a one-to-one process.
- This Gmail PST file opening method can only use with one Gmail account at a time.
- It’s essential to download and install several programs, such as GWMMO and MS Outlook when using the GWMMO method.
- Moving PST files into multiple Gmail accounts is an individual process.
- If something interrupts the task of “import PST file to Gmail,” you need to restart it.
- If you’re transferring lots of data to Gmail via a slow connection, you may experience a time-out.
- When trying to add PST files to Gmail, it’s not uncommon to experience errors such as 0x80040109, 0x80041066, or 0x80070035.
- Please note that Gmail cannot import certain partial categories of your emails, calendar events, contacts, etc.
- Additionally, this method does not include importing journal entries, Outlook Notes, tasks, or RSS feeds into your Gmail account.
To import PST to Gmail instantly and with the organization’s global list, third-party tools are recommended.
Import PST File to Gmail: The Persuasive Strategy
The most recommended way to import PST files to Gmail is using a third-party tool. There are many software on the internet, one of them is Shoviv IMAP Backup and Restore.
This software is devised in a such way that it can import Outlook PST into Gmail, Office 365, Yahoo, and all other IMAP server mailboxes. Yes, you read it right, you can import PST files to all IMAP Server mailboxes, and without Outlook installation.
Simple Steps to Import PST File to Gmail:
- Step 1: Run the Shoviv Gmail Restore tool.
- Step 2: Click the Restore/Export Button and enter Job Name.
- Step 3: Add PST File to Import and enter Server Name.
- Step 4: Map PST with Gmail Mail and Use Thread Option.
- Step 5: Check Run Job Instantly box to start Import Process.
Import PST to Gmail Process described with Screenshots
- Visit Shoviv’s website, then install and open the software on your system.
- Now click on the Restore/export button and provide the job name and Add PST files. After that, click on the Next button.
- Now enter the Server name (for Gmail “imap.gmail.com”) and Map Gmail mailboxes with the PST files. Now validate the Gmail mailboxes by clicking the validate button. Once done, click on the Next button.
- Next will be the Filter wizard. Here you can Include/exclude PST items on the process date and folder filter basis. After using the filter option, make a click on the Next button.
- Now the Thread settings wizard will appear, with the help of this option, you can run multiple threads to import PST files to Gmail speedily. Check the Run job immediately checkbox to run the job after finishing the settings.
- At last, you will be provided a preview of your import process setting. If satisfied with the settings, click Finish. To edit, click Back.
5 Facts you should know About the Shoviv IMAP Backup and Restore
- Import in IMAP server: As I’ve mentioned earlier, with the Shoviv IMAP Backup and Restore tool, you can import PST to Gmail, Office 365, Yahoo, Outlook, ZOHO, Mail, and other email services that use the IMAP protocol.
- Prevent Duplicity: The software has a default incremental option that prevents importing items that are already presented in Target. Hence, you will never import duplicate items, this will reduce the size of the IMAP mailbox.
- Maximize the import process: The software has an additional item thread setting facility. Using this feature, users can run multiple threads for PST files and items. By running the multiple threads, the import process speed will increase uncommonly.
- Create multiple import jobs: In Shoviv IMAP Backup and Restore tool, you can create multiple jobs to import PST files to Gmail. Multiple jobs enable users to import PST files to multiple different IMAP mailboxes (PST to Gmail, PST to Office 365, and any other IMAP service).
- Import only items you need: Shoviv IMAP Backup and Restore tool has a filter option by using which users can include/exclude desired items from the import process. Users can select a date range or add folders’ names to include/exclude them.
Bringing all Together
Here, I have discussed two reliable solutions to import PST to Gmail. Now it depends on you, what you prefer. But before making any decision, we suggest you download the free version of the Shoviv IMAP Backup and Restore tool.
Frequently Asked Questions:
A. Yes, you can import PST files into Gmail using a third-party tool or GWMMO tool (Google Workspace migration for Microsoft Outlook).
A. Yes, you can open and access your PST files in Gmail, but for that, you have to import PST files into Gmail and enable the IMAP and permit less secure applications from settings.
A. Yes, you can move multiple PST files to multiple Gmail accounts simultaneously by using Shoviv IMAP Backup and Restore tool. There is no restriction on adding the number and size of PST files to import into Gmail accounts.
A. To import a PST file into an email, you can use a variety of email clients, such as Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, or Apple Mail. The process for importing a PST file varies depending on the email client you are using, but generally, you’ll need to use a third-party tool, choose the PST file you want to import, and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the import process.
Shoviv IMAP Backup and Restore Tool is a comprehensive tool that can also help you import your PST files into any IMAP email client, making it easy to switch between email clients or migrate data to a new email service.
- How to Import Outlook Emails to Gmail Account?
- How to Import Outlook to Mozilla Thunderbird?
- How to Open PST File In Gmail?
- How to Import PST to Thunderbird?
- How to Import PST to Yahoo Mail?
- How to Import Google Takeout MBOX into New Gmail?
- How to Migrate Emails from Gmail to Another Gmail Account?
- How to Backup IMAP Emails from IMAP Mail Account? - May 19, 2023
- How to Transfer Emails from Gmail to Another Gmail Account? - April 17, 2023
- Ways to backup Google Workspace Emails - April 12, 2023
I used the software since I didn’t have much time. I created multiple jobs at a time. It worked really well, very fast.
Wanted to restore my old emails to my Gmail without Outlook… I was able to do that effectively. Thanks for the information !!!
Transferring Outlook PST mailbox into a Gmail account is pretty easy with the Gmail mailbox Restore tool. I restored my 8 GB outlook data into gmail.
I landed on this page in the search for moving my Outlook pst files into my Gmail account. Thanks to this tool, I transfer my multiple PST files into my Gmail account without any additional help.
Excellent experience with this tool.
Despite not being computer savvy, I found this article to be quite helpful. It is quite straightforward to implement the manual technique described above for me since each step is clearly stated. We appreciate you sharing this content.
To begin with, I’m not sure about this approach, but after applying it, I was pleasantly surprised by its tricks. They provided all the information quite clearly, and I imported the PST file to my Gmail account using their straightforward instructions.
I wish to share my knowledge of these techniques. Every tip and trick I learned when importing a PST file helped me, and I had ongoing assistance with this technique. I like how well you have explained this strategy to the consumers. Screenshots are used to illustrate methods so that there is no mistake about how to use them.
I used the suggested way to import a PST file into a Gmail account. The technique has all the information that I need to succeed. Compared to third-party utility, the method requires more time and attention. I also want to acknowledge the contribution of writers to the success of the blogosphere.
I’m so glad I was finally able to import PST files into my Gmail account! I was stuck trying to figure out the complicated tricks of other methods, but this blog made it easy with each step. Thank you so much for this incredibly helpful blog!
I was initially hesitant about using an email backup tool to import my PST files into Gmail, but Shoviv’s product put all my worries to rest. It’s an excellent software that’s user-friendly and offers seamless integration with Gmail. Highly recommended!