Today many businessperson, doctors, students, and professionals cannot complete their day without Gmail. It is a free service provided by Google in 2004. Today Gmail has the most active users and is present to almost everyone for email registration on different platforms. If we turn back, we will know there was a time when people used Outlook for registration on different platforms, but now the time is changed, and now maximum user wants to import PST to Gmail.
In this write-up, we’ll focus on few well-known and reliable solutions to import PST file to Gmail. But before that, we’ll start with understanding the reasons to import Outlook PST to Gmail.
Compelling Reasons to Import PST into Gmail
- Gmail provides a free storage facility of 15GB for both Google Drive and Gmail.
- Users can use the various applications using a single Gmail account.
- Gmail provides 2 step verification facility. Also, emails sent using Gmail gets automatically encrypted in transit using TLS.
- Users can access Gmail from any device, for example, Android, Desktop, Windows, Mac, iOS. Also, users can remotely log out of Gmail from all devices.
- Gmail has a lot of extensions that can be installed in Chrome. And also, many add-ons can be integrated directly into Gmail.
Now, after I discussed the reasons to import PST file to Gmail, I am expressing two simple and reliable approaches for importing PST files to Gmail.
The Simplest Ways to Import PST Files into Gmail
Here I’ll discuss two methods, and both methods can import PST to Gmail without Outlook. One is Google Workspace migration for Microsoft Outlook (GWMMO), and another one is a third-party tool named Shoviv IMAP Backup and Restore tool.
How to Open a PST File in Gmail for free using GWMMO
- Start with downloading the GWMMO tool.
- Now launch the tool, provide an email addressand click on the Continue
- Then, allow the permissions. After that, a dialog will appear. Here choose the Outlook profile or PST file to migrate and click
- Following, choose the folders you want to migrate from the PST file and click on the Migrate
- Now it will start to migrate the PST file to Gmail, and you can monitor the process on your screen.
- Once done, verify it by logging in to the Gmail account you have provided earlier in the process.
It is how you can import Outlook PST to Gmail for free. With the GWMMO tool, users can import existing email, calendar, events, and personal contact from PST file to Gmail account. But the GWMMO tool imports only personal contacts and also it takes too much time; more than your expectations.
To import PST to Gmail instantly and with the organization’s global list, third-party tools are recommended.
Import PST File to Gmail: The Persuasive Strategy
The most recommended way to import PST files to Gmail is using a third-party tool. There are many software on the internet, one of them is Shoviv IMAP Backup and Restore.
This software is devised in a such way that it can import Outlook PST into Gmail, Office 365, Yahoo, and all other IMAP server mailboxes. Yes, you read it right, you can import PST files to all IMAP Server mailboxes, and without Outlook installation.
Process to Import PST files to Gmail Hastily
- Step1: Install and open the PST importer tool in your system.
- Step2: Now, click the Restore/Export button from dashboard.
- Step3: Enter job name and browse PSTs you want to import.
- Step4: Enter the Server Name and Map PSTfiles with Gmail.
- Step5: Following use the filter options; if needed and click Next.
- Step6: Last, use thread options, and check Run Job Instantly box.
Import PST to Gmail Processdescribedwith Screenshots
- Visit Shoviv’s website, then install and open the software on your system.
- Now click on the Restore/export button and provide the job name and Add PST files. After that, click on the Next button.
- Now enter the Server name (for Gmail “imap.gmail.com”) and Map Gmail mailboxes with the PST files. Now validate the Gmail mailboxes by clicking the validate button. Once done, click on the Next button.
- Next will be the Filter wizard. Here you can Include/exclude PST items on the process date and folder filter basis. After using the filter option, make a click on the Next button.
- Now the Thread settings wizard will appear, with the help of this option, you can run multiple threads to import PST files to Gmail speedily. Check the Run job immediately checkbox to run the job after finishing the settings.
- At last, you will be provided a preview of your import process setting. If satisfied with the settings, click Finish. To edit, click Back.
5 Facts you should know About the Shoviv IMAP Backup and Restore
- Import in IMAP server: As I’ve mentioned earlier, with the Shoviv IMAP Backup and Restore tool, you can import PST to Gmail, Office 365, Yahoo, Outlook, ZOHO, Mail, and other email services that use the IMAP protocol.
- Prevent Duplicity: The software has a default incremental option that prevents importing items that are already presented in Target. Hence, you will never import duplicate items, this will reduce the size of the IMAP mailbox.
- Maximize the import process: The software has an additional item thread setting facility. Using this feature, users can run multiple threads for PST files and items. By running the multiple threads, the import process speed will increase uncommonly.
- Create multiple import jobs: In Shoviv IMAP Backup and Restore tool, you can create multiple jobs to import PST files to Gmail. Multiple jobs enable users to import PST files to multiple different IMAP mailboxes (PST to Gmail, PST to Office 365, and any other IMAP service).
- Import only items you need: Shoviv IMAP Backup and Restore tool has a filter option by using which users can include/exclude desired items from the import process. Users can select a date range or add folders’ names to include/exclude them.
Bringing all Together
Here, I have discussed two reliable solutions to import PST to Gmail. Now it depends on you, what you prefer. But before making any decision, we suggest you download the free version of the Shoviv IMAP Backup and Restore tool.
Can I import Outlook PST to Gmail?
Yes, you can import PST files into Gmail using a third-party tool or GWMMO tool (Google Workspace migration for Microsoft Outlook).
How do I import PST files to Gmail without Outlook?
If you want to import PST to Gmail but don’t have Outlook, then Shoviv IMAP backup and Restore utility is the best solution for you.
Can I open PST files in Gmail?
Yes, you can open and access your PST files in Gmail, but for that, you have to import PST files into Gmail and enable the IMAP and permit less secure applications from settings.
Can I move multiple PST files to multiple Gmail accounts simultaneously?
Yes, you can move multiple PST files to multiple Gmail accounts simultaneously by using Shoviv IMAP Backup and Restore tool. There is no restriction on adding the number and size of PST files to import in Gmail accounts.
Can I use the GWMMO tool without Outlook?
No, to use the GWMMO tool, you must need Outlook installation. Without Outlook, it’ll show the below-given errorand will not import PST to Gmail.