Many individuals and business organizations are searching for an easy and safe method for Lotus Notes to Outlook conversion. Lotus Notes and Microsoft Outlook both are prominent email clients. The Outlook is Microsoft’s product, while Lotus Note was introduced by IBM (now is of HCL). Both provide a collaborative platform for email communication in the organization and team. Due to some features and ease in handling, many Lotus Notes users are moving to Microsoft Outlook and looking for the Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter.
Why Convert Lotus Notes to Outlook?
There are various reasons for users to convert Lotus Notes to Outlook. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Microsoft Outlook allows users to make changes even in the absence of connection.
- Microsoft Outlook is much cost-efficient as compares to the Lotus Notes. As we know, Outlook is developed by Microsoft. It is available as a part of the Office 365 subscription part also.
- Outlook allows users to manage multiple accounts, but Lotus Notes users can only use one IBM account.
- The outlook is easy to understand and easy to use for a novice.
How to Convert Lotus Notes Emails to Outlook
To convert Lotus Notes emails to Outlook, users have two ways, one is using a manual method (Intermediate CSV file), and another is using a third-party professional Lotus Notes to Outlook converter tool.
Manual Method for Lotus Notes to Outlook Conversion
The manual conversion of Lotus Notes to Outlook is a two-step process. The first step is to import Lotus Notes email files to intermediate CSV, and the second is to export the imported files in Outlook.
To import the Lotus Notes files, follow the steps mention below.
- Open Lotus Notes application.
- Search the NSF file that you want to convert, now click Open.
- Select the file option and click on Export.
- Browse and search for the location where you want to save the file. Choose “Comma separated value” in “save as type” and then make a click on export.
- Select the options according to your need and click Ok.
To export the save files, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
- Go to File option and make a click on Open.
- Now click on Import & Export option.
- Click on the Next button.
- Then select the Comma Separated Value and click on next.
- Browse the file which you have to save earlier and make a click on Next.
- Choose the location where you want to import the data and click next.
- At last, click on Finish.
This whole process will help you for Lotus Notes to Outlook conversion by manual method.
The manual method comes free, but it also comes with drawbacks and limitations. The User has to be technically sound to convert Lotus Notes to Outlook by manual method. It is size bounded, complex to use, and a little misstep can lead you to lose your data. To avoid complexities and to get accurate results, it is recommended to use third-party Lotus Notes to Outlook converter.
Shoviv Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter
Shoviv Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter is one of the proficient and user-friendly tools to convert NSF files to PST file format. It is built with an advanced algorithm, comes with various user-centric features and user-friendly GUI. Some of the prominent features of Shoviv Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter are mentioned below:
- It comes with a simple Graphical User Interface, which makes it easy to use for everyone (technical/non-technical/beginner) without any effort.
- Shoviv Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter allows users to convert multiple NSF files into PST and other several file formats with ease.
- The software comes with an email translation feature which comes handy to migrate Lotus Notes mailbox to Outlook file format. The user can change the email address according to the destination.
- To get assured about the selected data before conversion, it has a preview option. This utility allows users to preview the selected data before proceeding.
If you read this article, you get a fair idea about manual methods and its complicity to Convert Lotus Notes to Outlook. The manual method is free but has lots of complications and has high chances of data loss. It is not a recommended way to convert Lotus Notes emails to Outlook. You must use the free version of the Shoviv Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter to check it working. In the end, the decision completely depends on you.