Last updated on November 1st, 2023
Emailing is an integral part of today’s professional life, and Mozilla Thunderbird is a popular cross-platform email and chat client. It uses the MBOX file format to store users’ data. In starting days, its demand was at its peak, and millions of people around the globe were using Thunderbird. However, times and requirements have changed, and Thunderbird users are shifting from Thunderbird to Office 365.
Keeping an eye on today’s needs and working environment, Office 365 is the best alternative to replace Mozilla Thunderbird. Office 365 is a subscription-based software as a service that offers SharePoint, Skype for Business Server as well as hosted Exchange Server to make the working environment multi-functional and hassle-free. There are many reasons to migrate Thunderbird to Outlook 365.
With Shoviv MBOX to Office 365 Migration tool, you can be sure that your data will be migrated
accurately, without any data loss.
How Thunderbird to Office 365 Migration Favors the User?
Migrating to Office 365 favors users in many ways. Some of the benefits are mentioned below:
- Many business users use smartphones and tablets for personal and business purposes. Additionally, they want to access their emails from anywhere and anytime over the internet, but Thunderbird doesn’t provide this facility. While in Office 365, users can access their emails from anywhere and anytime.
- Office 365 has different subscription plans to suit everyone’s needs. Everyone can choose an Office 365 plan according to their requirements and size. Moreover, Office 365 has something for all kinds of businesses and individuals.
- After moving to Office 365, the user gets free Office applications offered by Microsoft, such as Skype, Exchange Server, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, et cetera. Office 365 also provides collaboration, data sharing, communication as well as storage.
- Office 365 always remains updated; hence there is no downtime due to the upgradation of the version.
So, these were some benefits of moving to Office 365, but now the question arises, how to migrate Thunderbird to Outlook 365?
Ways to Migrate Thunderbird to Office 365:
Two methods are available to migrate emails from Mozilla Thunderbird to Office 365: manual way and professional tools. Here we are explaining both of them. Let’s begin with the manual method:
Import Files from Thunderbird to Office 365 using the Manual Method:
Firstly, Office 365 doesn’t support the MBOX file, so you cannot migrate the MBOX file directly to Office 365. To migrate the MBOX file from Thunderbird to Office 365, users must convert all data into a supportive format such as EML and PST.
The manual method has two phases. In the first phase, you must migrate MBOX file data to PST file format, then convert the PST file into Office 365. Let’s discuss those briefly:
Convert the MBOX file from Thunderbird to Outlook
- First, create a new folder on your system.
- After that launch Thunderbird, and open the folder where the emails are stored, which you want to migrate.
- Choose the emails and then click on Save as option from the menu.
- Browse the folder (Created in the first step) and save the emails.
Import e-mails from Outlook to Office 365
- Open the Outlook application on your system.
- Browse the folder where you want to save the Thunderbird emails or create a new folder. (make click on the folder tab). After that, choose the new folder option, and create a new folder.
- Now, click on the Ok button. The folder you have created will be shown on the left side of the email application.
- Now, click on the folder to view/open its content at the centre panel.
- At last, drag all the emails from the desktop folder to this folder in Outlook.
This is how you can migrate Thunderbird to Outlook 365. But the manual method has some drawbacks and limitations too.
Let’s Know About the Drawbacks and Limitations of Manual Methods:
- The manual method has restrictions on the number of emails migrated. Hence, users can only migrate a few emails in a single go. If any user has many emails to migrate, it has to repeat the same process repeatedly.
- The manual method is time-consuming and complex. Non-technical users and beginners cannot pursue a manual way without any technical assistance and knowledge.
- With the manual method, there is no guarantee of successful migration. Besides this, the manual process cannot maintain the data integrity and folder hierarchy. Usually, in the manual method, mail formatting and SMTP header are changed for a few emails of Thunderbird.
- The manual method has a high chance of data loss and human error. In short, we can say, a little misstep and all your data will become trash.
Note: One can read another blog on Export Thunderbird to Outlook
Safest Way to Migrate Thunderbird to Office 365
To eliminate the tediousness and overcome data loss risk, maximum people use a third-party tool to migrate Thunderbird emails to Office 365. Shoviv MBOX to Office 365 is the safest utility to migrate Thunderbird to Outlook 365.
Shoviv MBOX to Office 365 Migration Tool
To migrate MBOX files to Office 365, many organizations use MBOX to Office 365 migration Tool developed by Shoviv Software. It is an astounding and advanced professional utility mainly developed to migrate MBOX files from Thunderbird to Office 365. This software allows users to pursue the migration process without any glitches and in a hassle-free manner.
Why Use Shoviv MBOX to Office 365 Migration Tool?
There are many reasons and benefits of using the Shoviv MBOX to Office 365 Migration Tool. Some of them are mentioned below:
- It keeps a simple and handy GUI, making this software easy for everyone. Even non-technical and beginners can get assured results by using this software. To use Shoviv Software, users don’t need any prior technical knowledge and assistance.
- This software offers many file formats and targets to save Thunderbird data like PST, EML, MSG, and Live Exchange. Besides this, users can add and migrate unlimited MBOX files in a single go.
- Shoviv MBOX to Office 365 Migration Tool is developed with a highly advanced algorithm, enabling this software to maintain data integrity and folder hierarchy properly. This software doesn’t alter the original data structure of the file.
- Every user and organization wants to get assured about the product before purchasing it. To resolve this issue, Shoviv Software offers a free trial version of the software. Users can download and use the trial version to check the software’s working and abilities before purchasing it.
- There is no restriction to the data size with this professional utility. Users can easily migrate any size of data without any limitations.
Steps to Migrate Thunderbird to Office 365 – 100% Working Method:
- Step 1: Run Shoviv Thunderbird to Office 365 Migration Tool.
- Step 2: Choose “Add Files” to Import Thunderbird MBOX Files.
- Step 3: Select “Export to Office 365” as Destination.
- Step 4: Map Office 365 Mailbox with Added Thunderbird Mailbox.
- Step 5: Hit the “Export” Button to Start the Migration Process.
How to use Shoviv MBOX to Office 365 Migration Tool – Detailed Steps
As we said, this software keeps a user-friendly and convenient GUI, which makes this software easy to use. To migrate emails from Thunderbird to Office 365 using this software, pursue the simple steps given below:
- Install and Open Shoviv MBOX to Office 365 Migration Tool.
- Click on the Add button available on the ribbon bar.
- The user can add an MBOX file by using Add Folder and Add Files option. After that, click on the Add
- Now click on the Office365option given on the ribbon bar.
- On the next page, check or uncheck for the subfolders. After that, enter the Office 365 credentials (User email, password, and choose a particular target). Besides this, the filter option is also given in this dialog box. Now click on the Export option.
- After clicking on the export button, the migration process will start.
- Now you can see and save the log report. The log report contains the MBOX file name, Item Count, Export Count, et cetera.
So, these were the steps to migrate emails from Thunderbird to Office 365 in a hassle-free manner.
Migrating MBOX files to Office 365 by using the manual method is like walking on eggshells. It is very tough for non-technical and first-time users. The manual method has many restrictions and loopholes. In conclusion, to migrate MBOX to Thunderbird flawlessly and without glitches, one should use a professional third-party solution (Shoviv MBOX to Office 365 Migration Tool). Moreover, a free demo version of this utility is also available to download; you must install and run it.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Answer: Ultimately, the choice between Thunderbird and Outlook depends on your needs and preferences. In short, we can say if you need advanced features and integration with other Microsoft tools, Outlook is the better choice for you. Thunderbird may be a better fit if you prefer a lightweight and highly customizable email client.
Answer: Yes, but to transfer Thunderbird mailbox items to Outlook, it is necessary to convert the Thunderbird MBOX files into an importable PST file format. In other words, we can say this is the most efficient and recommended method for migrating Thunderbird to Outlook, as it minimizes the risk of errors and data loss.
Answer: Absolutely, you can migrate to the Exchange Server On-premises; the Shoviv MBOX migrator tool makes your MBOX to Live Exchange Server migration more accessible and more convenient
Answer: Many third-party tools are available on the web, but choosing one is a real hassle for a user. Rather than test every tool, try Shoviv MBOX to Microsoft 365 migrator tool and decide for yourself.
Answer: The demo version of the Shoviv MBOX to Office 365 Migration Tool is just a restricted version of the licensed version. However, there is no difference in the working of the software.
- Resolved Error 0x80070021 in Outlook - March 11, 2022
- 7 Reasons to choose a new approach for Microsoft 365 Migration - September 3, 2021
- How to Backup Emails from Outlook? – An Easy Solution - July 20, 2021