Nowadays, Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration has become a trend. Many Lotus Notes users are finding a secure and efficient way for migration. If you’re one of them who is seeking a complete guide about the Lotus Notes mailboxes to Office 365 migration, then you’re on the right post. In this blog, you will get to know everything about the migration.
There was a time when IBM Lotus Notes completely dominate the business world by its attractive features and had no competition in the market. At that time, almost every business organization use Lotus Notes to store their data. But now the time has been changed, and Office 365 is ruling the business world by its attractive offers and features. Office 365 has many features that other e-mail clients can’t even think. Because of its attractive features and plans, many Lotus Notes users are shifting to Office 365.
Before moving towards the How to migrate Lotus Notes mailboxes to Office 365? You must know why to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365?
Advantages of Lotus Notes Mailboxes to Office 365 migration
- The users can access the Lotus notes files on the system where Lotus Notes is installed. On another side, Office 365 is a subscription-based service and can access on any system from anywhere and at any time.
- Office 365 has a collaboration feature and allows the user to send files within a team, between two members, and groups. Besides this, IBM Lotus Notes doesn’t give any collaboration facility.
- The GUI of Lotus Notes is quite complex for the beginners and non-technical users, while Office 365 keeps a user-friendly GUI, a non-technical user can operate Office 365 without any technical assistance and knowledge.
- Office 365 is much more affordable, as it always remains updated. It has something for all kinds of business, whether you’re a leading business tycoon or a small size organization. In Office 365, you only have to pay for what you use.
These are some reasons as well as advantages to migrate Lotus Notes mailboxes to Office 365.
How to migrate Lotus Notes Mailboxes to Office 365?
There are two methods available to migrate Lotus Notes mailboxes to Office 365. One is using a manual method as known as IMAP Connector, and the other is by using a professional tool. Let’s start with the IMAP Connector method.
Before starting the manual procedure, we recommend you take the backup of the NSF file. A backup file will come handy, in case the NSF file gets corrupt, and has chances of data loss during the migration process.
IMAP Connector method is subdivided into three stages:
Stage1: Create a new mailbox in Office 365
The user needs to create a new mailbox for every user’s mailboxes, which they’re going to migrate from NSF to Office 365.
Stage2: Enable the TCP and IP port
To enable the TCP and IP port pursue the steps, which are given below:
- Open the Lotus Notes application and navigate the Domino administrator tab.
- Now go to the configuration tab and open the server document.
- After this, make a click on the Ports tab, then go to the Internet ports option, and hit on the Mail option.
- Now enables the TCP/IP Port Value Status to enable the IMAP settings (leave the default TCP/IP value on 143 as it seems matching with IBM Domino Server.
- At last, click on the Save and then Exit.
Stage3: Connect with IMAP Connector
Use the IMAP connector to synchronize emails in Office 365 from the IBM Lotus Notes.
This is how you can Migrate NSF to Office 365 by using the IMAP connector method.
Drawbacks of manual method
- It doesn’t migrate file, which is more than 1GB in size.
- The user can only migrate 15 mailboxes in a single go. If users have many mailboxes to migrate, then it would need to be done in batches.
- In the manual method, users need to sound technical and need technical setup.
- The manual method is time-consuming, and if you have numerous mailboxes, then the user has to repeat the same process again and again.
- The manual method has a chance of human errors or a little misstep, and you will lose all your NSF files mailboxes.
Due to the data loss risk and complications of the manual method, Users are always advised to use a professional third-party tool. Generally, a third-party tool is the best solution for Lotus Notes mailboxes to Office 365 migration.
There are lots of professional tools available in the market to migrate from NSF to Office 365, but you should use Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration Tool.
Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration Tool
Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration tool is the finest and secure software available in the market for Lotus Notes mailboxes to Office 365 Migration. This software keeps a user-friendly and convenient GUI, which makes this software easy to use for everyone (Non-technical and beginners). The software has many user-centric features.
- The user can add and migrate unlimited NSF files to Office 365 in a hassle-free manner. Besides this, the software can maintain the folder hierarchy and data integrity efficiently.
- It has a Folder mapping and email translation feature, which comes handy to migrate data from one email client to another email client, and one folder to another folder.
- Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration tool keeps a convenient GUI, and everyone can use this software without any glitch or effort.
- The software allows users to preview the selected NSF files data before the migration, and the user can also eliminate unwanted data from the migration.
- To make the working process simple and friendly, this software offers filter utility based on Selected item type (Mail, Calendar, Contact, Task, Note, and Document) and Message date (From, and To).
There are many manual ways available to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365. But manual methods come with drawbacks, and they are complicated or time-consuming. We all know in business, Time is money and data is asset, so to save the time and as well as data, use Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration tool. A free trial version of the software is also available that allows to migrate first fifty items per folder. At last, the choice is yours, whatever you choose, choose wisely.