To Export Thunderbird to Outlook 2016 and 2019, a wide range of users are looking for the perfect solution. In today’s online world, email is the most accepted way of professional communication and Mozilla Thunderbird is a widely used email client. Thunderbird has numerous features such as Message management, Junk Filtering, Open Source, Follows the industry standards and supports, Provides Cross-platform support etcetera.
Although Thunderbird has too many features still users are exporting Thunderbird to Outlook. There are some reasons because of which Thunderbird to Outlook export is increasing day by day. Thunderbird asks users to configure all the additional functionality and it is very extensive. While On the other hand market trends are preferring Microsoft Outlook because of its user-oriented features. It easily installed on Windows, MAC, Android, and IOS and provides flexible features like Contacts, Calendar, Journal, Tasks, and Events etcetera.
Download a trial version of Shoviv MBOX to PST Converter to know in a better way.
How to Export Thunderbird to Outlook 2016 and 2019
To export Thunderbird to Outlook, users can opt for Manual methods as well as Professional third-party tools. The manual method asks for the technical expertise and it has some limitations too while Professional method provides easy to do the processing. Let’s know about them:
1st Manual Method: Export Thunderbird to Outlook through Webmail account:
Phase 1: Add Webmail Account in Thunderbird
- Firstly, log-in Webmail Account, Click on the Gear icon and open the webmail settings.
- Choose the Forwarding and POP/IMAP>> Enable IMAP option.
- Now configure the IMAP account & click on the Save Changes option
- Run Thunderbird, provide the name, email address and password of the Thunderbird account and click on the Continue button to open it.
- Click on the IMAP checkbox and provide the all necessary information. After that click on the Re-test button.
- After providing all the information successfully, select the Create a new account option.
- In the end, open any email message to verify the account in Thunderbird.
Phase 2: Configure Webmail Account to Outlook
- Firstly open the File menu & click on the Add Account.
- Then a dialog box will appear, here choose Manually Configure Server Settings or Additional Server Types and click the Next.
- After that click on the Internet Email>>Next button to proceed.
- Now provide name, email address and password in the dialog box.
- Now from the Account Type choose the IMAP option for the IMAP mail account.
- Here, type imap. <servername>.com and smtp. <servername>.com for the Incoming and Outgoing server sequentially.
- Then click on the More Setting.
- Go to the Outgoing Server and select the My Outgoing Server (SMTP).
- Then, click on the Use Same Settings as My Incoming Server option.
- Under the Incoming Server Port enter the 993 port number.
- Next select This Server Requires an Encrypted Connection Option.
- Then for outgoing server enter 587 port number and click Ok button to exit the dialog box.
- Click on the Test Account setting option to check the account setting.
- After getting “your account setting are correct” message click on the Next Button.
- In the end, import Thunderbird MBOX files to Outlook 2016.
2nd Manual Method: Export Thunderbird to Outlook Using Drag-Drop Method:
- Firstly start and run the Mozilla Thunderbird program.
- After that open the messages folder that you want to Export Thunderbird to Outlook 2016, 2019.
- Here, users can choose either single or entire messages as per the need.
- Make a right-click on the selected messages and choose Save As option.
- Now, go with the Select folder and export the message.
- Run the Microsoft Outlook program
- Then, go to the menu & select the New Folder option.
- Give a name and create a new folder by clicking OK.
- Select the newly created folder and choose all the emails that you exported from Thunderbird.
- Click and drag the emails to the middle pane of the Microsoft Outlook.
- All Thunderbird emails will be exported into Outlook.
Limitations of Manual ways:
- The manual methods are not suitable when you Export Thunderbird to Outlook in batch.
- There is always a threat of data loss and data corruption.
- It doesn’t maintain the data hierarchy.
- The manual method can’t export orphan or deleted email from Thunderbird to Outlook.
- These methods are very time-consuming and complex; not appropriate for non-technical users.
Professional Third-Party Tool:
To Export Thunderbird to Outlook professionally, Shoviv MBOX to PST Converter is a prominent software that works proficiently and effortlessly. To Export Thunderbird to Outlook 2016, 2019 it provides many user-centric features, let’s know about them:
- The Software effortlessly exports multiple numbers of Thunderbird emails along with the Properties, and attribute without any alteration.
- This Software is not bounded to size limit, can smoothly export large MBOX files.
- The Software works smoothly with the various email client that supports MBOX file format like Pocomail, Opera Mail, Eudora, Entourage, Webmail etcetera.
- Along with the PST, the Software allows the users to export MBOX files to EML, MSG, Exchange Server, Outlook Profile and Exchange Server.
- The Software provides a preview option to make sure exportation is going accurate, it offers to preview just before the exportation.
- The Shoviv MBOX to PST Converter is compatible with the Unicode and ANSI PST Files.
Steps to Export MBOX files to PST format
- Firstly, Download and Open the Shoviv MBOX converter.
- Secondly, click on the Add button from the ribbon bar.
- Add MBOX folder containing multiple MBOX files using the Browse button and then click on the Add Folder button available on the bottom of the opened wizard.
- The software will display a preview of the added MBOX file. Now click on the Outlook PST option from the ribbon bar.
- Now Export in PST wizard will get open. Here check/un-check subfolders you want to export in Outlook >> browse the target location to save the new PST file. Users can also split and add password in the PST file, a filter option is also provided. Once you are done with all options, click on the Export button.
- Now a dialog box gets open, here you can trim the folder hierarchy as per need. After that, click the Ok button, and the software will start the exporting MBOX items to the PST file.
- Once the process gets completed, the software will provide you a log report; can save for later use.
It is the process to export Thunderbird to Outlook (PST) format. Now we will upload the converted PST file into Outlook.
- Firstly, Open Outlook and then click on the File option.
- Now click on the Open & Export option and then click the Import/Export option.
- A wizard gets open, choose Import from another program or file option and click the Next button.
- An Import a file wizard will get open, select the Outlook data file (.pst) option, and click the Next button.
- Now select the PST file using the Browse button and choose the duplicates option as per need. After that, click on the Next button.
- Now select the folder from where you want to export items and use other options as per need and click on the Finish button.
By the article, now we are aware of the fact that to Export Thunderbird to Outlook the manual method doesn’t come handy. Manual methods have limitations while on the other hand, the professional third-party tool Shoviv MBOX to PST Converter facilitates many user-oriented features. The Software offers an easy and accurate way to export Thunderbird to Outlook. To check its working, a demo/trial version of the software is also available which allows the exportation of the first 50 items per folder.
FAQ Regarding This Blog
Question: Can I use this software solution for Outlook 2013 or the below versions?
Answer: Yes, this software is compatible with all versions of Outlook; 2013, and below versions.
Question: Can I export Thunderbird MBOX files directly into Outlook profile?
Answer: Yes, you can export Thunderbird MBOX files into Outlook profile directly without any hassle. Besides PST and Outlook profile, you can export MBOX to Office 365/Live Exchange as well.
Question: Is it possible to keep the converted PST files as a backup of email data?
Answer: Yes, users can keep the converted PST file as a backup of MBOX files’ email data.
Question: Can I convert the Thunderbird MBOX file into MSG format?
Answer: Yes, you can convert the MBOX files into the MSG and EML format using this software.