A wide range of users is looking for the perfect solution to Export Thunderbird to Outlook 2016 and 2019. In today’s online world, emails are the most accepted way for professional communication, and Mozilla Thunderbird is a widely used email client. Thunderbird has numerous features such as Message management, Junk Filtering, Open Source, Follows the industry standards and supports, Provides Cross-platform support, etcetera.
Although Thunderbird has too many features, still, users are exporting Thunderbird emails to Outlook. There are some reasons because of which Thunderbird to Outlook export is increasing day by day. Thunderbird asks users to configure all the additional functionality and is very extensive. While On the other hand, market trends are preferring Microsoft Outlook because of its user-oriented features. It can be easily installed on Windows, MAC, Android, and iOS and provides flexible features like Contacts, Calendars, Journals, Tasks, Events, etcetera.
Why Users Need to Export from Thunderbird to Outlook
Below are some reasons users needed to shift their Thunderbird mail into Outlook
- The most common reason is that Thunderbird doesn’t have any spam filter. Outlook has a powerful spam filter that helps prevent phishing attacks.
- Thunderbird doesn’t include a task and calendar list.
- Due to the slower development process of Thunderbird, there is no focus on security and stability.
- Outlook allows configuring complex rules to automate your workflow and manage email messages.
- Thunderbird supports various email clients that support POP3/IMAP/SMTP protocols, but it only configures with an add-on.
How to Export Thunderbird to Outlook 2016 and 2019
To export Thunderbird emails into Outlook PST, users can opt for Manual methods as well as Professional third-party tools. The manual ways ask for technical expertise, and it has some limitations too, while the Professional tools provide a convenient process.
Methods to Move Thunderbird emails into Outlook:-
- Gmail IMAP to move emails from Thunderbird to Outlook.
- Export Thunderbird emails to Outlook through Web-Mail Account.
- Convert Thunderbird to MS Outlook using Drag and Drop Method.
- A professional tool to convert Thunderbird mailboxes into Outlook.
Gmail IMAP to move emails from Thunderbird to Outlook
This method is quite long, so I’ve split it into 3 phases, making it easy to understand for everyone, including novices. So let’s start.
Phase1: Enable IMAP access for Gmail account
- Login to your Gmail account and click the Setting icon.
- Then, click on the See all settings option.
- Now go to the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab and check the radio button adjacent to Enable IMAP option.
Phase2: Sign in to Thunderbird with your Gmail account
- Launch the Thunderbird application and click on the Accounts option.
- Now, click Email and provide the asked details, i.e., Name, Email address, Password.
- Select the radio button adjacent to IMAP remote folder option and click Done.
- Allows the asked permission in the following wizard.
- Create a new folder and export all your Thunderbird emails to this folder.
Phase3: Configure Gmail to Outlook and export Thunderbird emails to PST
- Open Outlook in your system and go to the File option.
- Now click the Add account option and provide your Gmail account credentials.
- Go to the file option once you log in to Outlook with your Gmail account.
- Select the Open & Export option and click Import/export.
- Following, select the Export to a file option and click Next.
- Next select Outlook data file.pst and hit Next.
- Select the folder where your Thunderbird emails and click Next.
- Browse a location in the local drive to store the PST file and click the finish.
You’ll have a PST file of your Thunderbird emails that you can access in Outlook 2016 or any other versions.
2. Export Thunderbird to Outlook through Webmail account:
Phase 1: Add Webmail Account in Thunderbird
- Firstly, log-in Webmail Account, Click on the Gear icon and open the Webmail settings.
- Choose the Forwarding and POP/IMAP>> Enable IMAP option.
- Now configure the IMAP account & click on the Save Changes option.
- Run Thunderbird, provide the name, email address, and password of the Thunderbird account, and click on the Continue button to open it.
- Click on the IMAP checkbox and provide all the necessary information. After that, click on the Re-test button.
- After providing all the information successfully, select the Create a new account option.
- In the end, open any email message to verify the account in Thunderbird.
Phase 2: Configure Webmail Account to Outlook
- Firstly open the File menu & click on the Add Account.
- Then a dialog box will appear, choose Manually Configure Server Settings or Additional Server Types, and click the Next.
- After that, click on the Internet Email>>Next button to proceed.
- Now provide name, email address, and password in the dialog box.
- Following, from the Account Type wizard, choose the IMAP option.
- Here, type imap.servername.com and smtp.servername.com for the Incoming and Outgoing server sequentially.
- Then click on the More Setting.
- Go to the Outgoing Server and select the My Outgoing Server (SMTP).
- Then, click on the Use Same Settings as My Incoming Server option.
- Under the Incoming Server Port, enter the 993 port number.
- Next select This Server Requires an Encrypted Connection Option.
- Then for the Outgoing server, enter 587 port number and click the Ok button to exit the dialog box.
- Click on the Test Account setting option to check the account setting.
- After getting the “Your account setting are correct” message, click on the Next Button.
- In the end, import Thunderbird MBOX files to Outlook 2016.
3. Export Thunderbird to Outlook Using Drag-Drop Method:
Phase 1: Export Thunderbird Emails MBOX files as an EML file
- Firstly run the Mozilla Thunderbird client.
- Open the messages folder you want to Export to Outlook 2019, 2016.
- Here, users can choose either select single or entire messages as per requirements.
- Right-click on the selected messages and select Save As option.
- Create a new folder or browse the folder to export the EML file.
- Wait until the export process gets complete.
Phase 2: Drag and drop the Exported EML files into the Outlook folder
- In windows, open the folder where you export EML files.
- Drag and drop the exported EML files into the Outlook folder.
Phase 3: Export Emails files into PST
- Run MS Outlook on your Windows PC/laptop.
- Go to the File menu, select the Open&Export option and click Import/Export.
- Pick the Export a file option, and click Next.
- Select Outlook data file (.pst) and then click Next.
- Select the folders where exported EML files are saved.
- Ensure that the subfolders box is marked as checked, click Next.
- Choose a new path/location to save the PST file, click Finish.
- When the process is complete, Outlook will create a new PST file.
Limitations of Manual ways:
- The manual methods are not suitable to Export Thunderbird to Outlook in batch.
- There is always a threat of data loss and data corruption.
- It has a risk of losing the data hierarchy.
- The manual method can’t export orphan or deleted email from Thunderbird to Outlook.
- These methods are very time-consuming and complex; not appropriate for non-technical users.
A professional tool to convert Thunderbird mailboxes into Outlook
Shoviv MBOX to PST Converter is a well-known and easy-to-use freeware for exporting Thunderbird to Outlook. It has several user-friendly options to export Thunderbird to Outlook 2016, 2019. Here are a few of them:
- Most secured approach: We designed the tool to be a self-contained utility that prioritizes your data privacy. The software easily exports many Thunderbird emails, including their properties and attributes without changes. You also don’t have to share your files and can track the entire process on your computer.
- Desirable Process: The software has no bar on the file size and can easily export big MBOX files. It works with multiple email clients that handle MBOX files, including PocoMail, Opera Mail, Eudora, Entourage, Webmail, and many more. As a result, you can convert MBOX files from different email clients to EML, MSG, Exchange Server, Outlook Profile, and Exchange Server.
- Exclude unrequired data: The software includes a filter option on the Subject, From, and To-based criteria. Using this option, you can exclude unwanted items of MBOX files and export only the required items.
- Resuming facility: We take clients’ satisfaction as our utmost priority, and we know several instances can cause process interruption. For this, we have embedded an incremental export option to our tool that resumes the interrupted process without any hassle.
- Free evaluation for all: We have tried our software in several complex scenarios and always performed astoundingly. Somehow if anyone wants to evaluate the software skills and compatibilities, we provide a free version for all. The free version holds all the premium features and allows converting the first 50 items per folder.
Steps to Export Thunderbird emails into Outlook
- Install Shoviv Thunderbird MBOX Converter.
- Click the Add option and Add MBOX files.
- Choose Outlook PST as a resultant file.
- After, click Export and wait until the process is finished.
- Open Outlook, click the Export option, choose Import/Export.
- Select .pst as Outlook data file and click on Import.
Detailed Steps to Export MBOX files to PST format
- Firstly, Download and Open the Shoviv MBOX converter.
- Secondly, click on the Add button from the ribbon bar.
- Add MBOX folder containing multiple MBOX files using the Browse button, and then click on the Add Folder button on the bottom of the opened wizard.
- The software will display a preview of the added MBOX file. Now click on theOutlook PST option from the ribbon bar.
- Now Export in PST wizard will get open. Here check/un-check subfolders you want to export in Outlook >> browse the target location to save the new PST file. Users can also split and add a password in the PST file, and a filter option is also available. Once done with all options, click on the Export
- Now a dialog box gets open. Here you can trim the folder hierarchy as per need. After that, click the Ok button, and the software will start exporting MBOX items to the PST file.
- Once the process gets completed, the software will provide you a log report; can save for later use.
It is the process to export Thunderbird to Outlook (PST) format. Now we will upload the converted PST file into Outlook.
Import converted PST files into Outlook
- Firstly, Open Outlook and then click on the File option.
- Now click on the Open & Export option, then click the Import/Export
- A wizard gets open, choose Import from another program or file option and click the Next
- Now, select the Outlook data file (.pst) option, and click the Next
- Now select the PST file using the Browse button and choose the duplicates option as per need. After that, click on the Next button.
- Now pick the folder from where you want to export items and use other options as per need and click on the Finish
By the article, now we are aware of the fact that to Export Thunderbird to Outlook, the manual method is not a reliable choice. Manual methods have limitations, while on the other hand, the professional third-party tool Shoviv MBOX to PST Converter facilitates many user-oriented features. The software offers an easy and accurate way to export Thunderbird to Outlook. To check its working, a demo/trial version of the software is also available which allows the processing of the first 50 items per folder.
FAQ Regarding This Blog
Answer: Yes, this software is compatible with all versions of Outlook; 2013, and below versions.
Answer: Yes, you can export Thunderbird MBOX files into Outlook profile directly without hassle. Besides PST and Outlook profile export, you can export MBOX to Office 365 and Live Exchange.
Answer: Yes, users can keep the converted PST file as a backup of MBOX files’ email data.
Answer: Yes, you can convert the MBOX files into the MSG and EML format using this software.