Undoubtedly Gmail is one of the prominent email clients having millions of users. But, still, several times need to export Gmail emails arises. If you are one of the users who want to download Gmail emails in bulk, this blog is absolutely for you. Here, in this blog, we will know how to export Gmail emails in bulk and export Gmail to PST effortlessly and effectively. We will include all the aspects of this task that you should be aware of before executing this task of exporting Gmail emails.
Reasons that Initiate to Download Gmail Emails:
- No one will ever wish to take a risk with the essential emails; data is an asset. Despite being the reliable one, nothing on the web is secure. There are always insecurities about cyberattacks, hacking that initiates users to download Gmail emails. The backup of data always favors the users.
- Archiving data helps you free up your space; hence it is very cost-effective to users.
- The situation of downtime due to technical glitches like server down, issues with internet connectivity affects productivity. Data in the local system provides all-time access without any interruption.
- Having data in a .pst file provides you ease to port the data. Also, easy accessibility and security with the password come as a perk.
Explore the Ways to Download Gmail Emails:
Gmail users who are looking for ways to explore will get all the answers here. Here, users will get the answer to the question: how to download Gmail emails. Generally, we have two approaches: manual methods and third-party professional tools. We will discuss both methodologies here and will understand in all. Firstly we will discuss the manual way and all its aspects. Later we will understand about a professional and perfect third-party tool.
There is a need to install the MS Outlook application. After installing the Outlook, follow the below-given steps.
- Open and launch Outlook. Configure the Gmail account in Outlook from where you want to export emails.
- After configuring successfully, make a click on the “File” and then on Open & Export.
- Now go with the Import/Export
- Choose “Export to a file” and click the “Next.”
- Select the “Outlook Data File (.pst)” and continue the process by clicking the “Next.”
- Make a selection to convert to .pst file format. Click “Next.”
- Select the path and click on the “Finish.”
By following the above-given steps, you can export Gmail emails to .pst file format using MS Outlook. To say the manual method is free but, it is not free from limitations and drawbacks. Some of the demerits of manual way are below:
Demerits of Manual Methods:
- Manual methods are very complicated, tedious and ask for technical expertise. Chances of human error are always associated.
- Due to any reason, if the process interrupts, then you have to start the process again.
- The manual method doesn’t allow downloading the Gmail emails in bulk. You have to follow the processing time and again.
- Manual methods are very time-consuming hence not preferred by the professional.
- Users don’t get the advanced options like the date range filter that facilitates users to get the required results.
Professional Third-Party Tool:
Everyone wants effortless and effective processes and picture-perfect results. For the same, users opt for the professional third-party solution. I.e., Shoviv IMAP Backup and Restore Tool. Shoviv IMAP Backup and Restore provides an all-in-one solution to export Gmail to PST file format. Using this software, users can easily download Gmail emails in bulk and use the advanced features to get the desired results. A free demo version of the Shoviv IMAP Backup and Restore is also available that allows the first fifty items to process. Some of the prominent features are:
- The software allows downloading the Gmail emails in bulk without repeating the processing time and again.
- An advanced feature of default incremental is present within the software. This feature fully favors the users as it resumes the process if it interrupts. It also prevents the duplicity of data.
- Users can create multiple backup jobs, and software can run all jobs concurrently. It saves the time and effort of users.
- A very user-centric feature of the scheduler is also given within the software. With this option, users can schedule the backup, and the software will export Gmail emails to the .pst file at the scheduled time.
- For the resultant .pst files, users can set the size. Users can set the size limit, and software will automatically split it on reaching the size limit.
- It also provides the filter option that offers users to filter based on date range and folder. Option to exclude/include date range and folder facilitates in getting the desired results.
- The GUI of the software is very user-friendly; any user without being technically sound can run the software. Any user can complete the process without any confusion and complexity.
- The software is not restricted to Gmails only; it works for the whole IMAP server.
- The software is not only restricted to backup. It is also an expert in restoring the .pst files to the IMAP server. Users get the backup and restore facilities in a single dashboard.
Working of Shoviv IMAP Backup and Restore Tool:
Shoviv IMAP Backup and Restore software provides simple processing. Below all the steps are explained to guide users on how to export Gmail emails to PST. Follow the steps to export Gmail emails to .pst file format.
- Firstly, install and open the software.
- Go with the “Backup Directory” tab from the dashboard.
- Provide the “Backup Directory Name” and “Backup Directory Path” and click Ok.
- Now, through the “Backup Jobs” tab, select Gmail. Provide Job Name, Email Address, and Password. Also, provide the Server Address. If using a proxy, then check the box and proceed accordingly.
- Here, you can create a new backup directory, or either can go with the previous one.
- Now using the filter options, you can apply filter. For filtering, Include/Exclude Date and Include/Exclude Folder options are present.
- Check the “Start Immediately After Creating Job” for instant processing.
- Go with the “Job Schedule” if you want to schedule the backup. For options are given based on occurrences. Like for once only:
- For daily occurrence:
- To occur weekly:
- For monthly occurrence:
- Click Ok and go to Other Settings to use other features. Here, you can set the mailbox thread count limit: item thread count, mailbox login, and item retrieve attempts. The upper limit for failed item count can also be set, after which the process will stop. Users can also set the size limit for the resultant .pst files. Finally, click on the “Create Backup Job.”
- The actual process will start now. Now, the screen will display the report of the process. And this is how users can export Gmail to PST.
There are many Gmail users, and many of them frequently search the way to download Gmail emails. We have two approaches: manual method and third-party Tool ( Shoviv IMAP Backup and Restore). The manual method has many limitations and drawbacks; that’s why users generally go with the professional Tool. Shoviv IMAP Backup and Restore Tool is a picture-perfect tool that provides all the user-eccentric features. It is a simple, fast, and proficient utility for this task.
Along with taking backup from the IMAP server to .pst files, it also offers to restore emails from .pst to the IMAP server. A free demo version of the software is also available to download, allowing users to check the software before purchasing. Download the demo version and explore its full features before buying.
Can I download Gmail emails in bulk using Shoviv’s Tool?
Yes, you can download Gmail emails in bulk without any restrictions. There is no restriction on size and number with the Shoviv IMAP Backup and Restore Tool.
What does this “Scheduler” option work?
The “Scheduler” option is convenient for users. Using this option, users can schedule a backup of their Gmail emails. The software provides the option of once only, daily, weekly, and monthly. Users can easily schedule the backup, and the software will take it at the scheduled time.
How is the demo version different from the licensed one?
The free demo version is just the restricted version of the licensed one. The demo version allows processing only the first fifty items per folder. In licensed one, there are no such restrictions. On the ground of working, the demo version and the licensed one are identical.
Can you explain how this default Incremental is so essential for users?
The incremental default option is very user-centric. Suppose due to any reason like network failure backup process interrupts in that scenario the software will resume the process due to this feature. There is no need to start the process from the very beginning. Also, you will get rid of duplicity.