Last updated on April 12th, 2023 at 11:02 am
Exchange and Office 365 are the products of Microsoft used by millions of users around the globe. Due to some extra user-centric features and being a cloud service, the market seems to be a little tilted towards Office 365, and that’s why users are looking for an efficient method for Exchange 2019 to Office 365 migration. However, the reason for the migration varies from user to user, depending on the requirements
In this blog, we will know all the available methods (including manual) to migrate Exchange mailboxes to Office 365. I will also describe an efficient Exchange 2019 to Office 365 migration tool, but before this, I’ll mention some of the Office 365 features.
Some of the Highlighted Features of Office 365:
- Office 365 is a cloud-based software as a service that offers multiple products in its subscription plans, such as Skype for Business, SharePoint, PowerPoint, and many more.
- It allows users to access data from anywhere and anytime as it stores data on the cloud, which makes data accessibility easier than before.
- Office 365 is cost-efficient as users only have to invest in subscriptions, and there is no hidden charge in Office 365.
- Office 365 has come with a user-centric auto-update feature. Hence users do not need to go through server downtime to update Office 365; it always remains updated.
These are some highlighted features that Office 365 provides to its users, which are also the reasons for Exchange 2019 to Office 365 migration.
Download a Trial version of Shoviv Exchange Migration Tool(Aka Exchange Recovery Manager Tool) and easily migrate exchange to office 365. Also, If You have any query regarding exchange to office 365, Our technical support team is available 24*7. Note: This Software Supports all Editions of MS Exchange Like 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, etc.
How to Migrate Exchange to Office 365?
As there are various reasons, there are also some methods available for Exchange to Office 365 migration. Users can use manual methods (Hybrid Migration, Cutover Migration, and Staged Migration). But manually, the user needs good technical knowledge, and there is also a risk of data loss. A little wrong step and all your Exchange Server mailboxes can get inaccessible and deleted. Besides this, the manual methods are complicated, long, and time-consuming. If you have multiple mailboxes to migrate, you must repeat the same process frequently, and every professional has a limited amount of time, and no one wants to waste in manual attempts.
Therefore, I suggest a third-party tool for error-free and hassle-free Exchange 2019 to Office 365 migration.
Third-Party Tool For Migrating Exchange to Office 365:
Whenever I talk about a third-party tool for migration, conversion, and backup, Shoviv Software comes to my mind first. Shoviv Software is a boon in the field of email migration, email conversion, and email backups. It provides an Exchange migration tool to migrate Exchange to Office 365 quickly and efficiently.
Shoviv Exchange Migration Tool:
Shoviv Exchange Migration software is a powerful tool for Exchange 2010, 2013, 2016, and 2019 to Office 365 migration. Moreover, this Exchange migration solution provides multiple sources and target options for migration. This software keeps a convenient GUI that allows everyone (Non-technocrats) to use this software without any technical knowledge or assistance. This Exchange migration software also provides many user-oriented features for Exchange 2019 to Office 365 migration in a hassle-free manner.
Prominent Features of the Shoviv Exchange Migration Tool:
Multiple Targets: The software provides many popular file formats and targets to migrate data from Exchange Server. Users can migrate Exchange 2019 to Office 365 and Live Exchange to PST, HTML, MSG, EML, and RTF.
Recover EDB files: Exchange migration software by Shoviv can recover data from corrupted and inaccessible EDB files. This software professionally recovers both EDB files (Priv. and Pub.).
Public & Archive: Shoviv Exchange Migration software is a professional utility that allows users to migrate the Public folder and archive mailbox. Public Folders and Archive mailboxes store essential data, so it is good to migrate them, also.
No Bar: This Exchange migration solution has no restrictions on the mailbox size and adding numbers of mailboxes. Hence the users can add multiple mailboxes in a single process. The number of mailboxes doesn’t affect the efficiency of this Exchange 2019 to Office 365 migration software.
Filter Items: The software keeps a filter option based on the message class and item date. The filter option is handy for migrating specific mailboxes from Exchange to Office 365. Moreover, the filter option is beneficial to eliminate unwanted data from the migration process.
Multiple Sources: Shoviv Exchange migration software is a professional utility. It allows the doer to add EDB Files, Exchange Server mailboxes, Office 365 mailboxes, and healthy/corrupted OST files as a source. After adding the source mailboxes/files, users can preview the data.
Hierarchy & Integrity: The software doesn’t change the files’ original data structure. Besides this, Shoviv Exchange Migration software efficiently keeps the folder hierarchy. Also, it maintains data integrity during the Exchange 2019 to Office 365 migration process.
Free Download: Shoviv Software provides a free trial version of Shoviv Exchange migration software. The user can use the free version to check the software’s efficiency. The free download of this software allows users to recover and migrate the first fifty items per folder.
How does it Work?
Shoviv Exchange Migration Tool, also known as Shoviv Exchange Recovery Manager, offers simple and straight processing with advanced options.
A glance at the Exchange to Office 365 Migration:
- Step 1: Install and open the Shoviv Software.
- Step 2: Select the Exchange Server mailboxes and provide credentials.
- Step 3: Now you can see the mailbox content; click Next.
- Step 4: Go with the Fetch all Mailboxes from Outlook Profile option.
- Step 5: Apply Filters/Settings and click OK.
- Step: The migration process will start, and the report will display.
Detailed Steps for Exchange 2019 to Office 365 Migration:
- Firstly, download and install the Shoviv Exchange Recovery Manager (aka Shoviv Exchange Migration Tool).
- Launch the software and click on the Add Source button present on the ribbon bar.
- Select the Exchange Server Mailboxes as the source and fill in the asked details and click on Next.
- Now you will get a complete list of the mailboxes and check the mailboxes that you want to migrate. Click Finish.
- Here, under the source list, you can see the data of the mailboxes. As our target is Office 365 so, select the Office 365 option from the ribbon bar. You can also select the mailboxes by making right-clicking and selecting the export in Office 365 option. Check/uncheck subfolders and click Next.
- You will be prompted to the target wizard, where you have to go with the “Fetch all Mailboxes from Outlook Profile.” Outlook Profile is mandatory if MFA is enabled.
- After establishing the connection, now map the source mailbox with the target mailbox and validate it. Click Next.
- Now you have options to apply the filter based on the Message Class and Message Date.
- An Advance option is also available; click on the advanced settings. Here, you can set the thread count, filter specification, and email translation. Finally, click Ok and then on Next.
- The actual migration process has been started, and a complete process report will be displayed. When the process completes, you will get a pop-up informing you about the completion. Click Ok. You can also save the report.
These were the simple and elaborative steps to migrate Exchange 2019 to Office 365.
This write-up discusses ways to migrate Exchange 2019 to Office 365. A professional and hassle-free way for Exchange 2019 to Office 365 migration using Shoviv Exchange Migration Tool is explained. Users can also download and use the free trial version of this utility. The trial version is just a restricted form of the licensed version; the demo version allows migration of the first fifty items per folder.
- Resolved Error 0x80070021 in Outlook - March 11, 2022
- 7 Reasons to choose a new approach for Microsoft 365 Migration - September 3, 2021
- How to Backup Outlook Emails? - July 20, 2021