Utmost of professionals users are using the two most famous email clients and those are none other than Lotus Notes and Outlook. Now with advancement people are being used to outlook email clients for enhancing communication goals and to enjoy its other lucrative features. Professionals are migrating from Lotus Notes to Outlook. Migration is easy, but typical with a heavy load of NSF files in your current email server client. Well, don’t worry if you’re going to migrate from IBM Lotus Note to Outlook. Here’re some easiest tactics through which you can execute data migration hassle freely.
Prime reasons behind the migration of Lotus Notes to Outlook
- Relocation of email information from Lotus Notes to Outlook is ascribed to different reasons
- Outlook enables clients to configure several accounts at the same time
- The outlook is financially savvy when contrasted with Lotus Notes
- MS Outlook requests less installation and support charges
- Data sharing is a lot simpler in MS Outlook than in Lotus Notes
- Outlook assured more about data management and data protection than Lotus Notes
- Job switch is another reason as the new working spot may have Outlook as an email client
- IBM Notes is less easy to understand than Microsoft Outlook email client-server
- The outlook is reasonable for the fledgling client just as in fact sound clients.
- Beginner clients think that it’s hard to work with Lotus Notes, while they feel easy using Outlook client-server
Is it mandatory to convert Lotus Notes to Outlook file?
Yeah, it’s mandatory to convert Lotus Notes to Outlook PST file format (Lotus Notes utilizes NSF format files while Outlook utilizes PST format files). While there are sufficient purposes behind Notes clients to change to Outlook, NSF documents can’t be gotten to legitimately in Outlook as they utilize different formats configurations to spare their mailbox information.
To get to the entire email information, the first NSF records must be changed over into PST documents. There are principally two strategies to change over NSF format documents into PST files – manual technique and third-party apparatus.
The manual technique to Convert NSF files into PST files
It is a free Lotus Notes to Outlook transformation technique. It is prescribed to have a reinforcement duplicate of the original NSF document before playing out the manual conversion, as the format can get harmed amid the transformation procedure that will help you out. The manual technique to change over NSF documents into PST format is performed in two phases.
- Export NSF files from Lotus Notes to an intermediate CSV format file is the beginning steps
- After that Import the intermediate CSV file into MS Outlook is the accomplishing steps
Begin with Exporting NSF files to CSV
To export NSF files from Lotus Notes, take in practice the given below steps:
- Firstly launch the IBM Lotus Notes program
- Click the file and Open the Lotus Notes Application
- In the Open Application window, search for the file you required to convert in the PST version and click Open
- Selected NSF file gets opened
- Then, on the File menu, click Export
- On the Export dialogue box, fill in the file name of the file, file’s location, and saving type
- After that Select Comma Separated Values as the record type and snap next
- The exported information gets saved in a CSV format file gets saved in the chosen area
Finish with importing CSV file into Outlook
Import the Intermediate CSV document into MS Outlook by following the means:
- Firstly, launch the MS Outlook program
- On the File menu, click Open and Export,
- Afterward, snap Import/Export
- An Import and Export Wizard discourse box springs up
- Select Import from another program or document from the choices
- Click the Next button
- Select Comma Separated Values as the record type and snap Next
- Click Browse and select the way for CSV document made before utilizing the Export command of Lotus Notes
- You can choose the choices as indicated by your need
- Select the Outlook organizer where you need to spare your exported information
- Click Next
- Select the given checkbox in the Import a file discourse box and then click Finish
- You can likewise change your goal or guide custom fields by tapping on similar name options
- The information from the “CSV record” would be imported to “MS Outlook”
Well, the above given is simple tactics to convert data from NSF into PST format. It is free, but you also know “Free things are never risk-free.” So, there are chances of stuck in hardship. Then, there is a way to take the help of Shoviv Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter.
Difficulties in manual Lotus Notes to Outlook transformation
The free Lotus Notes to Outlook change strategy is useful in certain circumstances, yet it has numerous restrictions as well. Some of them are:
- Confounded and monotonous tactics for a beginner client
- It required professional or master
- Tedious and fails to migrate whole information
- If not taken care of accurately, may cause debasement in the NSF record
- Specific changes are preposterous
- Changes over just a single NSF document at once, making the procedure long and tedious
The hassle-free solution to migrate Lotus Notes to Outlook
Shoviv Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter tool is a ground-breaking NSF to PST transformation apparatus. This software spares NSF records (from IBM/Lotus Notes and Domino Server) in Outlook PST or Exchange Server straightforwardly. It has numerous favorable circumstances over free Lotus Notes to Outlook instrument. It has the feature of sparing NSF records in numerous PST documents. The client can likewise move explicit information utilizing propelled channels structured in the software.
Shoviv Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter tool helps to convert Lotus Notes .nsf document to MS Outlook .pst outlay with no information misfortune. Outstanding Converter software is a capable utility that encourages speedy and solid fare of all NSF record articles to an ideal PST document. The product makes an indistinguishable envelope structure as in the Lotus Notes database and furthermore shows a review of messages and different things, including ‘Timetable’, ‘Contacts’, ‘Daily schedule’, and ‘Individual Journal’, and so forth.
The software converter your entire Lotus Notes data into a PST file within few clicks.
Key-note features of Shoviv Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter.
- Changes over Lotus Notes NSF record to MS Outlook PST document that can be brought into Microsoft Outlook
- Changes over Large NSF layout with no information misfortune
- Particular transformation of NSF record objects
- Enables you to discover NSF documents inside a particular envelope/hard drive
- Relevant with ‘Lotus Notes’ 9.0.1, 9.0, 8.5, 8.0.2, 7.0 as well as 6.5 and 6.0 variants
- Relevant with MS-Office 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016
- An alternative to spare changed over the document in On-premise Exchange, Office 365, PST, MSG, EML
- Clients can also preview emails, contacts, schedules, diaries, and so on with the tool
Working of Shoviv Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter:
Being a user-oriented tool, the user-interface of the Software is very user-friendly. Converting Lotus Notes to Outlook is a very easy and straightforward process. Steps are given below:
Step 1: Install and launch the Software.
Step 2:Make a click on the “Add NSF File” button of the ribbon bar.
Step3: Add the NSF files that have to convert by clicking on the Add File(s) or Search File(s) and check them. Click OK.
Step 4: Now user can see the NSF File at the left pane in the folder list. Click on the “Outlook PST” option of the Ribbon bar to Export the NSF files.
Step 5: in this step, the option to check/Uncheck the Subfolders will display. Check them and click on the Next.
Step 6: Now you will be forwarded to the filter page, firstly check the Export Selected Item Type and apply the date filter based on Message Date. NSF Folder Mapping and Item Email Translation options are also facilitated; use the option as per the need.
Step 7: In this step. Browse the Target Folder where exported data will store. Here, users have the option to create the PST File password and also have the option to set the size for resultant PST. After this size, the PST file will split. Use options as per the requirement.
Step 8: Now the process is near the end and users are on the status page. Here, users can see the full details of the process including processed items, filtered items, and failed items, etc. After the completion of the process, click on the Finish button. Users can also save the report by clicking on the Save Report button.
This is how; one can easily convert Lotus Notes to Outlook using Shoviv Software. A demo/trial version of the software is also available to download that allows converting the first 50 items per folder.
If you want to migrate Lotus Notes NSF mailboxes to Office 365. Our Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration tool is here, check:- Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration