Window Live Mail is one of the email Mail clients. Sometimes, due to its limitations, the task becomes difficult to manage the data in Windows Live Mail. On the other side, Microsoft Outlook is one of the popular email mail clients used globally. It contains the (.pst) file format to save all the Outlook data file. It provides several advanced features to the users due to which Windows Live Mail users are deciding to Export Windows Live Mail to Outlook. When we talk about the maintenance, Outlook requires low cost as compared with Windows Live Mail. Microsoft Outlook serves the enhanced feature for data security and also provides the facility of better data manageability in comparison to Windows Live Mail.
Therefore, from the above scenario, it seems to be very clear what makes the users to export Windows Live Mail to PST. But, how it can be possible to Import Live Mail to Outlook. So, this article will help to export Windows Live Mail to PST and clear all of your doubts. Let’s start discussing the different approaches to Export Windows Live Mail to PST.
Why Migrate Windows Live Mail to Outlook?
- The user base of the Outlook Email client is more broad as compared to Windows Live Mail.
- Managing emails data in Windows Live mail is complex, where Outlook is widely known for its email managing features.
- As far we know, Microsoft discontinues Windows Live Mail, and it no longer gets any updates.
- Sometimes Windows Live mail gets error id 0x800ccc0f which affects your system security and overall performance.
There are Two Main Methods to Export Windows Live Mail to Outlook
- Manual Method
- Automated method
Follow the Below-Mentioned Steps of the Manual Method
- Firstly, open both Microsoft Outlook and Windows Live Mail respectively.
- In Windows Live Mail, Click on file tab > select Export >Mail message option.
- Select the Microsoft Exchange, click on the Next
- Now, the dialog box appears “export message”. Click on the OK
- Then, the next step is to select all the desired folder. Then, again click on the OK button to continue the process.
- Now, the wizard will start the exporting process. When the process gets completed, then the message appears “export complete”. Finally, click on the Finish
Limitations to Manually Export Windows Live Mail to Outlook
After following the above steps carefully, now it’s time to check the exported Windows Live Mail to Outlook. Generally, the user faces many difficulties to import Windows Live Mail to PST with a manual method. Some of the limitations of using manual method are:-
- The manual method did not support Exporting or Converting large or multiple EML or EMLX files.
- During the Manual EML file conversion, it may be possible some portion of your email data is lost (There is no guaranty of complete EML to PST file conversion)
- Transferring Email attachments is not possible by manual methods.
- Lots of effort and time are required when performing manual EML file conversion.
- Require Installation of two email clients at the same. (i.e., Windows Live Mail and Outlook email client).
- Since every user’s system classifications vary to another, so the manual method is not always working.
Automated Method to Import Windows Live Mail to Outlook
To overcome these limitations, one should use an automated method. There is a professional and smart solution known as Shoviv EML to PST Converter which can easily convert the Windows Live Mail to PST. Along with this, the tool also offers various exciting features to the users. Such as easy and smooth conversion of EML files to various file formats like HTML and MSG along with its attachments. With the help of Shoviv EML to PST converter, it becomes easy to Import the EML file into multi-destination such as live exchange, Office 365. Along with it supports all the versions of Microsoft Outlook. It is much more secure and properly maintains the integrity of the data.
After this, start working with the Shoviv EML to PST converter. Follow the below-given steps:-
- Download and install the Shoviv EML to PST Converter.
- Click on the Add button.
- After that the wizard opens, click on the Browse button to select the drive. Then, select the Search or add option. Click “OK”.
- Now, the users can easily check the content present inside the EML files.
- Select the export type as export in PST. After this, browse for the target folder. Now, in the PST file option set the passwords for the PST file and also have the choice to set the size limit to split the resultant PST. Along with this, the user has the option to select export filter criteria. Then finally, click on the export button.
- Here, the process gets completed successfully within a few minutes. Along with this, one can also save the report. From the above discussion, it seems to be very clear that how can be the users easily Import Windows Live Mail to Outlook with the help of an automated, fast, and professional tool. On the other hand, the slow and lengthy manual method fails to Import Windows Live Mail to PST.
Moving toward the advanced one is an obvious thing hence the export of emails from Windows Live Mail to Outlook is in trend. For the import, users have two choices: one is using a manual way and another one is a professional third-party tool. The manual way due to limitations is not preferred by the users. Professional tool i.e. Shoviv EML to PST Converter comes with advanced user-friendly features and provides an effortless working. A free trial version of the software is also available that allows importing the first fifty items per folder. Must download the demo version and check working efficiency.