If you want to know how to migrate Exchange 2010 to 2016, you are at the right place. To migrate Exchange 2010 to 2016, you need a third-party tool which can help you in the process. Since Exchange 2016 is the latest operational version, any individual is caught in the process of migrating exchange 2010 to 2016 quite often. Most users find it confusing to Migrate Exchange 2010 to 2016 files since the manual process is a bit complex. Today we will tell you how to migrate exchange 2010 to 2016 with 100% success. But before that, we will explain the step-wise process of Exchange 2016 migration using the manual method.
Step-by-step method to migrate Exchange 2010 to 2016 manually
The major requirements to maintain synchronization with Exchange 2016 edition are-OS, compatible mailing platform, hardware requirements and integration between 2016 and 2010 platforms.
Migrate Exchange 2010 to 2016 using Exchange Admin Center
Following are the steps to migrate Exchange 2010 to 2016 successfully
- Begin the process by launching Exchange Amin Center (EAC) and sign in with correct credentials
- In Recipients click on Migration, select Move to a different database
- Select the ‘Select the users that you want to move’ and then add users in the Select Mailbox window
Note: You can also select Specify the users with a CSV file option to add user
- Once you have added all the users, click on Next option
- Next, enter a name for move mailbox process. Select Move the primary mailbox and archive mailbox if one exists under archive
- You have to provide a name for Target Database and enter bad item limit. Then, just click on Next
- Enter the user detail to which mailbox move reports are to be sent
- In case if you want to automatically migrate mailboxes, select Automatically complete the migration batch
- Under the preferred option to complete the batch, select Automatically complete the migration batch
- Finally, click on the New button
(Please note that in case if you want to go for manual selection instead of the automatic one, choose the manually select the batch later option available under preferred option to start the batch.)
- Go to Recipients, click on the Migration and manually select the batch that needs to be moved. Click on Complete this migration batch under details pane
- Choose Recipients and then click on Migration and check mailbox migration status within the details pane. You need to select the desired migration batch
- In case you want to access more detailed information, click on View Details
As you would have observed by now, the process to manually migrate Exchange 2010 to 2016, however well we have described it, is quite nuanced. If you want to excuse yourself from the hassle and complication of manual process to migrate Exchange 2010 to 2016, we have a perfect solution for you.
Shoviv Exchange Server Migration
Shoviv Exchange Server Migration can carry the process to migrate Exchange 2010 to 2016 without any need of intervention from you. Not only is it fully automatic, it has got a bunch of features to which let you design results according to your choice.
Specialities of Shoviv Exchange Server Migration
You would never have encountered the smoothness in the process to migrate Exchange 2010 to 2016 which you will with Exchange Server Migration.
Adds large Source mailboxes:
Not only smooth, swift migration is the hallmark of the Exchange Server Migration. This tool would amplify the process to migrate Exchange 2010 to 2016 by adding large source mailboxes at once. There is no size limitation in adding the Exchange mailboxes.
Keeps folder hierarchy intact:
People who migrate Exchange 2010 to 2016 usually complain of their folder hierarchy going haywire. This tool takes care that it doesn’t happen to its users. The tool maintains a proper hierarchy of added source mailboxes. Also, there is no chance of original data or source mailbox getting affected negatively while adding them to folder list.
Preview option lets the users view source mailbox items:
Exchange Server Migration takes every possible step to ensure the comfort of the users, the preview option is an addition to it. Before you command the tool to migrate Exchange 2010 to 2016, it would let you view the added mailboxes at once. With this feature, you can view item body, item property, recipients and attachments.
Migrates source mailboxes to the popular PST format:
This tool lets you migrate the added mailboxes to Outlook PST as well. The user even gets the option of splitting PST files into any number of files they would want. This lets them arrange large PST files into smaller PST files conveniently.
Source mailbox to Live Exchange migration:
Using the automatic and manual mapping method, you can migrate source mailboxes to Live Exchange server. So you can migrate from Exchange 2013 to 2016 or migrate Exchange 2010 to 2016.
Migrates from Exchange to Office 365:
With this tool you can not only migrate Exchange 2010 to 2016, you can also migrate from Exchange to Office 365. You can migrate single or multiple source mailboxes to Office 365.
Migrate Live Exchange/ Office 365/ public folder and archive mailbox:
Using this software you can also migrate Live Exchange/ Office 365 public folders/ archive Mailbox and EDB public folder to another Live Exchange/ Office 365 public folder and archive mailbox.
Filters added source mailbox items:
Wherever in the process to migrate Exchange 2010 to 2016 you want to exclude/ include items, this tool is at your service. Its filter option lets you include and exclude source mailbox items to filter items based on two criteria- message class and item date.
Search criteria to easily search added items:
Using this feature you can easily search out your desired file instantly. The criteria allowed are multiple- message class, message date, CC, BCC, subject, attachment name etc.
Check these features with a free trial version
These features in a tool which can migrate Exchange 2010 to 2016 may sound amazing on their own, but what if we told you that you can test them for free? Yes, you can enjoy all these services free of cost with the free trial version of this tool. Get it at the soonest and let us know your experience.