Microsoft 365 (formerly known as Office 365) is a subscription-based software service. It enables users to add Microsoft’s core applications (Microsoft Office, Hosted Exchange Server, SharePoint, Yammer, and many more) to their subscription plan. Microsoft 365 comes with many advancements and single-handedly dominating the email niche nowadays. In a short period, it became the fastest-growing product of Microsoft. But as we all know, every coin has two sides, the same in the case of Microsoft 365. Its biggest drawback is it doesn’t provide a native option to create Microsoft 365 backup and it stores data on the cloud.
Storing data on the cloud is handy for everyone as it is universally accessible. Hence, users can access their data from anywhere and anytime while connecting with the internet. But it also increases the risk of data loss, and nowadays, it has become a serious problem.
Why backup Microsoft 365 mailboxes?
If you’re still thinking about why you should need/create Microsoft 365 backup, below are the reasons.
Where your data is: Many Office 365 users think their data is accessible from anywhere and anytime so, they don’t need to keep backup. But it is not about availability; it is about the security of your data and organization. In case some of your Microsoft 365 data gets deleted, or someone intentionally deletes it, where will you find it to retrieve? Everyone knows Microsoft stores data on the cloud, but nobody knows how to retrieve it from there.
External Threats: We live in an era full of ransomware and data hostage viruses. There is the only way to protect your data from ransomware and viruses that’s the 3-2-1 rule of backup. This backup strategy states that you should have 3copies of data (1 is your production data and 2 is Microsoft 365 backup copies) on two different media. 3-2-1- strategy is the best you could do.
Your data is your responsibility: The business data of your organization process is valuable, and it’s your company’s responsibility to ensure its availability and security. Besides this, Microsoft has already mentioned on their data service availability that “Microsoft is not liable for any kind of data loss or disruption. Also, in case of Outage, users will not be able to retrieve their stored data.” Microsoft also recommends users store full Microsoft 365 backup using third-party service or software.
These are the main and frightened causes of backup Microsoft 365 mailboxes. Along with these, there are many more reasons such as data flexibility (if backup in PST file), Send complete Office 365 data, Office 365 to Office 365 migration, and you named it.
What is the best option for Microsoft 365 backup?
Fortunately, there are two approaches available to backup Microsoft 365 emails, one is using a manual method, and the second one is with the help of a professional third-party tool.
In Office 365, you can use E-discovery to backup Office 365 emails, but it is a long and technical process. A single misstep can make you lose all your Microsoft 365’s mailboxes.
You can protect your company’s O365 emails using Shoviv Office 365 Backup and Restore tool. It is an automated tool specially developed to backup the mailboxes of Microsoft 365 mailboxes. One of the best things about the software is, users can control their mailbox backup process. And if needed, you can also use this software to restore them.
The software is a simple desktop-based application and is very easy to use. Even non-technocrats can use this software without any technical assistance. There are many reasons to use this software before them, below is the step-by-step process to backup Microsoft 365 mailboxes using Shoviv for Office 365 backup and restore tool.
Using Shoviv for Microsoft Office 365 backup?
- Firstly, install and open the software.
- Then, click on the Connect Office 365 option and create a backup project.
- Now assign delegate rights to the mailboxes and go to the Backup Directory
- Here, provide a name and choose the directory to store Microsoft 365 backup.
- Then, go to the Backup job tab and provide the name for the backup job. After that, click on the Next
- In the next dialog, select the mailboxes you want to backup in the PST file and click the Next (You can also provide delegate rights from this window).
- Now, the filter wizard pops up. Users can filter data on the Include/exclude Message class, Date range, and Folder filter basis. Once done, click the Next
- The next wizard will be the Settings wizard, here select the backup thread count and other settings as per need. Users can also split the resultant PST file (which will store the Microsoft 365 backup).
- Now, you will see the scheduler window. From this window, you can run the created job immediately or can also schedule the backup job.
- At last, you can preview all the property and value set for backup Microsoft 365 mailboxes. If satisfied, click on the Finish, or click Back to change the settings.
- Once you click the Finish button, the software starts creating selected Mailboxes’ backup. Users can monitor the complete process on their screens and can stop and resume the process anytime.
Why Shoviv is a preferred and recommended software for Microsoft 365 backup?
There are few other software in the market that can create Microsoft 365 backup, but Shoviv Office 365 backup and restore provides features that are rarely available in any other software.
Incremental Backup: Shoviv Office 365 backup and restore tool has a by-default Incremental backup feature that resumes the backup process if it gets interrupted. It also eliminates duplicity issues in the backup file.
Run Multiple Jobs: In Shoviv Office 365 backup and restore tool, users can create multiple jobs and run them simultaneously.
Scheduler Option: With the scheduler option, users can schedule the backup process daily, weekly, monthly, and simultaneously. Once users schedule the backup process, the software will backup Microsoft 365 emails in the background.
Bringing it all together
Nowadays, Microsoft 365’s advanced features are attracting users towards it and are dominating the email niche. Many Microsoft 365 users make a blunder as they think they don’t need to create Microsoft 365 backup as they can access it from anywhere. But backup comes in handy to retrieve data in case of data loss.