Microsoft Outlook is one of the popular email client, which is used worldwide. Microsoft Outlook serves the user-centric features, easy to use work in a user-friendly interface, and up to date security enhancement. Outlook data files (PST) contain all the mailbox data and its attributes such as emails, contacts, calendar, etc. Microsoft’s Outlook has better connectivity with other advanced technology. Initially, the Outlook users create PST (as an acronym for personal storage tables) files to save them from slow performance as well as data corruption. Here, we will learn the way to merge PST files.
In the previous versions of MS Outlook, the users generally face the problem related to the PST file size, and sometimes, this issue will lead to degraded performance. But with the advent of the latest versions of Outlook, it becomes quite easy to handle large-sized PST files and merge large PST files. But, now the question arises why there is a need to merge PST files. Merging of multiple PST into one PST will offer some benefits to the users. They are:-
- In a case of a lengthy process, combining multiple PST into a single PST will definitely save time.
- Sometimes, the users need to share the multiple PST file. In that situation, they can easily share the single PST files rather than sending individually.
Now, moving to the solution part of your problem. Here are the steps to merge PST files into a single PST by using the manual method.
Follow the steps to Merge PST Files:
- Firstly, Open Outlook.
- Click on home tab>> New Items >> More Items. Select the Outlook data file (PST).
- Create a new Outlook data file and save it in the desired location. Click “Ok’.
After creating the PST file successfully. The next step is to export all the mailbox content to the new PST file.
- Click on File tab >>Open and Export >> Import and Export.
- Now, the dialog box appears Import and export wizard. Choose Import from another program or file. Click on the “Ok”
- Select the file type.
- Then, browse for the file location and select the file which you want to import and select do not import duplicate items.
- Select the PST file to import and check/uncheck includes subfolder and choose Import item into the same folder.
- Click on the finish button.
Here the process gets completed within a couple of minutes. Using the manual method sometimes return back with some limitation to the user.
For better understanding of OST to PST Conversion you can read our previous post on “OST to PST“
Limitations of the manual method
In the manual method, one would not able to merge multiple PST files together. So, the process becomes lengthy and time-taken.
If one feels the process of manual method lengthy then, it is suggested to use an automated method known as Shoviv PST Merge Software. Merge PST files through PST Merge software is considered as one of the best solutions.
- It provides an instant solution to the users to merge two or more PST files in a hassle-free manner.
- It offers the users to select multiple PST files at a time and then merge it in a single PST.
- One can easily combine the lengthy PST files into a single PST.
- It easily supports all the latest and older versions of window OS.
- It also provides a facility to their customers to get the free demo version of their tool by exporting the first 20 items/folders of the selected PST and merge it into a new PST file.
Highlighted Features of Shoviv PST Merge Tool:
- This software keeps a handy and convenient GUI. Even non-technical and first-time users can merge multiple PST files in a hassle-free and secure way.
- The Shoviv PST merger has no restrictions. Hence this software allows users to add and merge many files in a single go.
- It merges all data items such as email, notes, calendars, journals without making any alteration.
- This software is efficient to keep the folder hierarchy and maintains data integrity. Using this software, users can save all migrated files in a new PST and existing PST.
- The software is compatible with all versions of Outlook 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, or 2019 versions.
Follow the below steps to merge multiple PST into a single PST.
- Firstly, download and then install the PST merge software.
- Open the software.
- Click on the add or search button to get the required PST files. Then, click on Next.
- Now, browse for the destination location and then choose the Merge PST files option from the merge option. Furthermore, click on Next to continue the process.
- Therefore, the process gets completed successfully. Now, click on the Finish
So, by the above-given process, you can easily understand that Shoviv PST Merge Software is the fastest tool to merge PST files and also provides the facility to merge the folders. Whereas on the other hand, the slow, lengthy, and time-consuming manual method fails to handle large PST files.