One of the most commonly asked questions are why and how to convert Lotus Notes Email to Outlook. In this article, we will assist you how to convert Lotus Notes Email to Outlook manually and a better alternative to it. We will also discuss why to convert Lotus Notes Email to Outlook and then suggest an easy and harmless way to Export NSF files to PST format.
Lotus Notes is an email application which was immensely popular among email users, but when Microsoft came with Outlook, Lotus Notes users found a better alternative. Most users convert Lotus Notes to MS Outlook for a variety of reasons since it is loaded with a lot of powerful features and offers many benefits that attract users.
Let us find out why to convert Lotus Notes Email to Outlook PST format
- You can use MS Outlook offline and work whenever you want
- Has better security features and files protection
- Data management features are comparatively better
- MS Outlook is easy to use and does not ask for much
- The easy user interface of MS Outlook proves to be more attractive to users
- Microsoft Outlook is available as a part of the MS office suite
- If you are a multi-tasking expert, you will prefer MS Outlook over other tools
- This tool has a larger data storage and handling capacity compared to other apps
Download a trial version of Shoviv Lotus Notes to Outlook to know in a better way.
How to convert Lotus Notes Email to Outlook Manually
Before you start manual Lotus Notes to Outlook PST email conversion, you need to remember a few important things.
- Make sure you backup your Lotus Notes email files and related data before converting Lotus Notes to PST format manually
- If you see NSF files, they are the default file storage files of Lotus Notes application
- PST format is the default file format in which Outlook for Windows stores its email data
- Since NSF format is not compatible with Outlook, you need to export the Lotus Notes NSF files to PST format
- Make sure you have MS Outlook pre-installed in your computer for the most fruitful conversion results
Now that you are clear about the NSF to PST conversion process, let us begin the manual Lotus Notes to Outlook conversion :
- Launch and Open Lotus Notes
- Find the NSF files that you want to convert. Click “Open”
- Go to the “File” option and click on “Export”
- Browse and choose the point where you wish to save the files
- Select the desired format in the “Save as type” option.
- Assign a name to the file and choose “Export”
- In the next step, you are asked to choose how much data you want to export. If you want to export the entire database, you can do that. You can also choose individual files.
In the same step, you can choose whether you want to export the NSF files in default character format or Unicode format.
- Once you have chosen both, click OK.
Congratulations, now you have successfully exported NSF files from Lotus Notes.
Now we need to Import Lotus Notes in MS Outlook
- Launch MS Outlook
- Go to File>Open
- Choose the “Import/Export” option
- A wizard box will open, here you have to select ‘Import from another program or file’ and click ‘Next’
- In the ‘Import a file’ dialogue box, choose ‘Comma separated values (Windows)’ and then ‘Next’
- Now find the file that you had saved earlier, and click “Next”
- Choose the location where you want to import the data and click “Next”
- Click on Finish
Now you know How to Convert Lotus Notes Email to Outlook Manually
Problems with Manual Conversion Techniques
Converting Lotus Notes NSF format to Outlook manually is your choice but you should know its drawbacks mentioned below :
- Manual NSF to PST conversion process is very long and a bit complicated for inexperienced users
- You might get confused with the process since there are a lot of steps involved
- If you are someone who cannot lose their email files, you might want to skip the manual process
- The manual process can cause data loss of file corruption if done wrongly
- It is not a good idea to convert large-sized NSF databases to PST format
If you want to avoid these problems and get a successful and flawless method to convert Lotus Notes emails to Outlook, here is the best solution.
Shoviv Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter
Shoviv Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter is a certified Lotus Notes to PST Outlook converter software which lets you convert NSF to PST format easily without any risk. It was designed after years of research about the needs of Lotus notes users who hesitate in converting NSF to PST Outlook Manually.
The tool is loaded with powerful features and offers to migrate NSF to PST along with EML and MSG formats. Since the tool offers to convert NSF into EML format, you can use the NSF files in several Windows and Mac-based email clients.
Here are some of the top benefits of using this Lotus Notes Email to Outlook PST converter
- Attractive and easy to use interface
- Export multiple or batch NSF files at one go
- Converts the entire Lotus Notes database including emails, attachments, calendars, profile information, and metadata
- Convert NSF files according to date and other types of categories
- Converts large NSF files into PST bundles (you can choose the size of PST files)
- Save NSF files to PST, MSG and EML formats
- Extremely easy to use for all Lotus Notes users
- No need for previous experience of NSF to PST
- Support all versions of MS Exchange, IBM Domino Server, Lotus Notes, Outlook
- Preserves all attachments and folder details
- Saves the original folder hierarchy of the database
- Converts large databases in bulk
This Lotus Notes to Outlook software offers several other benefits that you might find useful. They are listed and explained below.
Folder Mapping Option
This feature comes in handy when you have to convert and export items from one folder to another. For example, this is useful while migrating lotus notes’ “Mailbox” folder to Outlook’s “inbox” folder. Since inbox folder is called “Mailbox” in Lotus Notes, (pretty amazing right?) It makes a lot of difference.
Convert from NSF to MSG & EML
This feature allows to use Lotus Notes’ NSF files into MSG as well as in EML formats which are largely compatible with many other email applications. This also increases the scope of availability of your database.
Bulk NSF to PST conversion
Bulk conversion feature is highly useful if you have a large database and want to convert it all at once. Since individually converting so many files is very typical, it is recommended to use this feature to convert multiple NSF files at once.
Data Preview before Conversion
No one wants to miss their email files while converting them to another format. Same applies for Lotus notes NSF to PST conversion. The tool gives you a chance to preview the lotus notes files before you finally hit the convert button. You get an overview of the files that you are going to convert. This feature totally safeguards the process and gives you 100% accurate results.
High Speed Conversions
Time is irreplaceable. We don’t want to waste any time while we convert the emails since it can come as an urgent need. So the tool offers lightning fast NSF to PST Outlook conversions to save your time and effort. The manual process is too lengthy and can take a long time to finish. Choose this instead.
User Friendly Interface
A tool is as good as its user interface. User experience means everything these days. The tool is designed and embedded with a clean and user friendly interface that makes the whole Lotus Notes to Outlook conversion process easy and reliable.
Completely Safe and Reliable
Any email conversion is useless if it is not safe. So if you are a user who cannot lose even a single email file from your database, this Lotus Notes email to Outlook converter by Shoviv will do the job for you. The tool gives you an assurance of data safety and protects your email files from any form of corruption or data modification.
Step by Step Lotus Notes to Outlook Conversion Using Shoviv NSF Converter:
- Firstly, Install and Launch the Shoviv Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter.
- Now click on the Add NSF File button, which is at the left corner of the ribbon bar.
- Here, add NSF files that have to convert. For adding NSF files, options like Add File(s), Search File(s), Add Domino File(s), Remove File(s) and Remove All File are present. Also, check the selected NSF files.
- Here, the selected NSF files can be seen under the Folder list. Click on the Outlook PST button that is on the ribbon bar to export NSF to PST. Or you can make a right-click and then click on the Export button then click on the Outlook PST.
- Now check/uncheck the subfolders and click on the Next.
- On the next page, firstly make the selection for the “Export Selected Item Type”. Also, here you can apply the filter based on Message Date. Other advanced options for the conversion like NSF Folder Mapping and Item Email Translation are also given. Map the NSF folder and apply the NSF email translation option if required. Click on the Next.
- Now provide the details for the resultant Outlook PST. Firstly, browse the location for the target folder. Check the PST file type, set the password for the PST file. Option to set PST file size is also available; the software automatically splits the resultant PST files after reaching the set size limit. Click on the Next.
- Now actual exportation of Lotus Notes NSF files to Outlook PST will start. Here you can see the complete report of the process. After the completion of the migration process a message “Process Completed Successfully” will be appeared. You can also “Save Report” for the future. At the end click on the “Finish” button.
A free trial for all
This software offers a free demo version which lets you test the performance of the tool. You can convert 50 items per folder so that you can understand how it really works. Once you are satisfied with the free demo, you can get the full license at an affordable price.
What are you waiting for? This is the perfect alternative to convert Lotus Notes Email to Outlook manually.
Get the free demo of the Shoviv Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter right now.
If you want to migrate Lotus Notes NSF mailboxes to Office 365. Our Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration tool is here, check:- Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration