Both IBM Lotus Notes and Microsoft Outlook are popular email clients. NSF (Notes Storage Facility) is a file format used by Lotus Notes, and PST (Personal Storage Table) is a file format used by Microsoft Outlook. With business requirements and changing market trends, users are initiating to convert NSF to PST.
NSF to PST conversion is considered a tedious task when it is not done with proper planning and without the help of the Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter tool. But before NSF to PST conversion, it is necessary to understand the reasons behind converting NSF to PST. Some of the reasons are:-
- The pricing is one of the main reasons behind NSF to PST conversion. Outlook is more economical than Lotus Notes.
- Lotus Notes requires technical know-how when compared to Outlook.
- Outlook can perform various tasks simultaneously, whereas Lotus Notes fails to perform multi-tasking.
- Microsoft Outlook has many security features and better data management facilities than Lotus Notes.
- Lotus Notes restricts users to a single account, while MS Outlook allows using multiple accounts simultaneously.
Therefore, from the above points, it is clear why there is a trend to convert NSF to PST.
Best Methods to Convert NSF to PST:
- Manual method
- Professional tool (Shoviv NSF to PST Converter)
Download a Shoviv NSF to PST Converter and convert the NSF data files to PST. If you have any questions about NSF to PST conversion or the tool, we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Manual Way to Convert NSF data to Outlook PST:
Note: If you are going to convert NSF data files to PST manually, it is necessary to have a backup of all NSF files. There are 2 stages to performing the manual method of NSF to PST Conversion.
- Export the NSF files from the Lotus Notes to an intermediate CSV file.
- Import CSV files into MS Outlook.
Export NSF files from Lotus Notes to an intermediate CSV file
- Install Lotus Notes.
- Click on File > Open > Lotus Notes application.
- In the opened window, browse for the required NSF file and click on the Open button.
- On the File menu, click on the Export option.
- In the export dialog box, provide a file name, file location, and saving type.
Note:-Choose save type as CSV (comma-structured value).
- Then in the CSV export dialog box, select the required option and click Ok to continue the process.
Here, the export data gets saved into a CSV file.
Steps to import CSV file into MS Outlook
- Install and Open MS Outlook in your system.
- Create a profile and click on the File tab at the menu bar.
- Then, click on Open and export> Import/export.
- The dialog box appears, select the Import from another program or file, and click Next.
- Select the file type as CSV(comma-structured values).
- Now, browse and locate the CSV file to import. Also, select the option among the given ones. Click on the Next button.
- Select the destination folder and then again click on Next to continue the process.
- Start mapping the file and then mark on the checkbox. Click on the Finish button.
- Now, wait for a while until the process gets completed.
- It is how you can convert NSF to PST using manual way.
Manual conversion of NSF to PST has some drawbacks:
If handled without a professional NSF file to PST converter tool, NSF to PST conversion is a very tough task. Manual methods always come with limitations and drawbacks; some of them are:
- The manual method does not guarantee the user to convert the entire NSF data into PST. It does not allow users to convert the calendar entries.
- There is a high chance of occurrence of failure due to human error.
- There is a high threat of data loss during NSF to PST conversion.
- It can transfer only one NSF file in one run. Therefore, it becomes very tedious and time-consuming.
- You need to be a technical expert to convert NSF to PST manually.
Professional Way – Shoviv NSF to PST Converter Tool
Now, to convert .nsf to .pst, we are providing an easy and quick solution. It is a professional tool developed to provide a perfect way to convert NSF to PST. The tool is titled Shoviv NSF to PST Converter (AKA Shoviv Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter). The tool comes with a user-friendly GUI; hence easy to run for everyone. From the below-given features, it will become clearer why to use the Shoviv NSF file to PST Converter.
Salient features of Shoviv NSF To PST Converter:
- It allows batch conversion. Hence, one can select multiple NSF files and convert them altogether. A time-saving utility.
- There is no file size restriction. It easily handles large NSF files and converts them into PST format.
- It also has an incremental export option that resumes the interrupted conversion process without exporting any duplicate & already processed items.
- Allows splitting large NSF files into small PST files by providing the PST size limit.
- Along .pst file format, it also allows saving data into the EML and MSG file format.
- This tool properly maintains the integrity and security of data.
- Advanced options like folder mapping, email translation, and data preview are also given within the software.
- It supports all Lotus Notes, MS Outlook, Domino Server, and Windows Operating System versions.
- The tool comes with a perpetual license and lifetime technical support.
NSF to PST Conversion Process in Just 6 Steps:
- Download and install NSF to PST Application
- Click on Add NSF file and check them.
- Select the Outlook PST option from the ribbon bar.
- Provide input for the resultant PST files.
- Apply filter option, do mapping, and email translation if needed.
- Click the Next button, and NSF to PST conversion will start.
Detailed Steps for the Shoviv NSF to PST Converter:
Securely convert NSF to PST by following the below-given steps:-
- Install and open the software.
- Click on Add NSF file option from the ribbon bar.
- Now add or search the NSF files and select the required file, then press Ok.
- Now, click Outlook PST from the ribbon bar.
- Check/uncheck for the sub-folders and click on the Next button. You can also select/deselect all to save time.
- Browse for the target location. Furthermore, you can also set a PST file password and split the resultant PST into small size by giving the size limit. Also, the Incremental export option is available here.
- Apply the filter by using the filter criteria: Export Selected Item Type and Export Only Message Date and click Next. Option for the folder mapping and email translation is also given. Map the source folder with the target if you have a specific requirement. Click on the Next.
- Now, the actual NSF to PST conversion starts. You will get a proper report of the process that you can save too. At last, click on the Finish.
So this is how you can convert NSF to PST effortlessly using the Shoviv NSF to PST Converter Tool. This tool has every user-oriented feature that is needed for the perfect .nsf to .pst conversion. To get satisfied with its working, one can also download the demo version of this NSF file to PST Converter. The free trial version allows conversion of the first 50 items per folder.
This write-up covers all the dimensions of NSF to PST file conversion. Here I’ve described two solutions. One is by using Outlook’s Import/export utility which is an indirect approach as first you have to import NSF file data to CSV format and then upload the CSV files to Outlook. The second approach is an automated NSF file to PST Converter tool developed by Shoviv. It is a picture-perfect utility to convert NSF to PST. I suggest you download and use the demo version of this NSF file to the PST Converter tool for your assurance.
If you want to migrate Lotus Notes NSF mailboxes to Office 365. Our Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration tool is here, check:- Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration
- How to Migrate From Google Workspace to Exchange On-Premises? - March 24, 2023
- How to merge calendars in Outlook? - March 20, 2023
- Migrate Gmail to Office 365: A One-Stop Solution - March 13, 2023