Cloud Backup solution is the process of backing up data, which is store on the Cloud (Office 365). Cloud apps (Office 365 or slack and many more) and services are now more available than ever.
Office 365, now known as Microsoft 365, is the most popular cloud-based platform. It is a subscription-based service that comes with many user-centric services. Office 365 stores its data in the cloud, and this is also the main reason people and organizations are moving towards Office 365. Office 365 is easy to access, cost-efficient. As we all know, Office 365 doesn’t provide the backup of its data. Hence users backup their Office 365’s cloud data by own. A manual cloud backup solution is a tedious task.
Why Need Cloud Backup Solution?
Office 365 stores users’ variety of applications and data structures in the cloud. But where? Just imagine you want to retrieve your data, then where will you find it. However, data on the cloud can access universally. Hence, it can be subject to unauthorized access and hacking. In this new world of hackers and ransom attacks, there are high chances of data breaching, and many multinational organizations have already faced many key loggers and ransomware attacks, which firstly took over their data and then their organization. And every individual and organization knows data is their backbone.
These are the few but big reasons why there is a need for a cloud backup solution. In short, there is only one way to keep your data and your organization away from data breaching and corruption tension that is backup all your cloud data on the local system.
Manual Way to Backup
Users can backup cloud data by using the e-Discovery method. Follow the steps to use the e-discovery method:
- Firstly, log in to Office 365 using administrator credentials
- Secondly, go to the Office 365 Admin Centre.
- Here, click on the Security and compliance option, then go to the Permission
- Now, click on the e-Discovery manager option and edit the e-discovery manager role group. (Note: 3rd and 4th steps are compulsory to pursue manual cloud backup solution)
- Here, click on the Edit option given opposite to the e-Discovery Administrator option. Now add your account to the e-Discovery administrator list.
- After that Hit the App launcher button and make a click on the Search and Investigation
- Here, click the Content Search option from the dropdown menu.
- Further, click on the + New Search The search window lets you specify which mailbox data you want to export.
- Choose Exchange email or select specific mailboxes to choose from according to your need. After that, click on the Save and Run
- Now, enter the name for the search and its description and click the Save
- After clicking on the Save option, the mailbox search will run in the background.
- Most importantly, now go back to the Search window and click on the Refresh button and choose your search.
- You can see the status of the search here. Moreover, if the search is complete, then click on the More option and then hit on the Export Results
- A new window will pop up, select the option according to your need.
- After that, click on the Export option given at the bottom of the window. Now, the exportation process will start. After the backup process gets completed, click on the Download result
Drawbacks of manual method
Above all are the steps to pursue a manual cloud backup solution. As we can see, this manual solution for backup cloud data is lengthy and complicated. This method is not recommended for beginners and non-technical users as it has high chances of data loss. Similarly, manually Cloud Backup is a tedious, time-consuming solution, and there is no guarantee of complete and safe backup. So, to eliminate the manual cloud backup solution’s complications and for hassle-free backup, users can use a third-party tool.
Shoviv Office 365 Backup and Restore Tool
Shoviv Office 365 Backup and Restore Tool is a picture-perfect cloud backup solution tool to backup Office 365 data to PST file format in a hassle-free manner. Backup in the PST file is always recommended as it is easy to port and also easy to open and view. Also, PST files allow protection by a password. This tool keeps a user-friendly GUI, and it works simply and straightforwardly. Using this tool has lots of user-centric features.
Benefits of using Shoviv Office 365 Backup and Restore Software
Backup in PST: This cloud backup solution by Shoviv allows users to take a complete Office 365 backup into the PST file. We all know PST files are easy to port and access.
Incremental Backup: This software has an Incremental feature. By using this feature, the software will not export the data if it is already exported and restricts the software from creating a new PST file for the same data. This option comes in handy to eliminate already exported data and only backup the data, which increased during and after the last exportation.
Filter option: In addition, to eliminate unwanted data and find specific files. It offers a filter option based on Date range, Message class as well as Folder filter.
Periodic backup: Being a professional cloud backup solution this software provides a periodic backup facility. In other words, it allows users to schedule the backup job on a Daily, Weekly, and Monthly basis.
As we know, a large number of IT organizations are using or planning to shift towards the cloud but finding an efficient cloud backup solution is a must. Having a cloud data backup in the local system is always a good move. In conclusion, we can say manually cloud backup solution is like a walk on eggshells and not recommended for new users and non-technical users. To backup cloud data in a hassle-free manner use Shoviv Office 365 Backup and Restore Tool. Most importantly, a free trial version of the software is also available it allows processing the first fifty items per folder.