Last updated on May 18th, 2023 at 12:49 pm
While the execution of office tasks, people have to face many problems every day. Sometimes they have to face file corruption issues, sometimes they have to execute the migration of their Database, and some time on other asa way to conpects of Client-Server. Well, here we will learn a way to convert NSF to PST.
Well, sorry for the interruption in the going session, But it is mandatory to elaborate on the NSF and PST and what are the factors which make them different. I will also explain the uses of NSF and PST.
Difference between NSF Format and PST format and their usage:
So, In short NSF and PST, both are database file format working for two renowned Client-server Applications, NSF Outlay used by Lotus Notes, and Outlook utilizes PST format to store data.
Execution of NSF format in IBM Notes (Lotus Notes) client-server:
Outlook client Server is well known for giving its best email service to the organization worldwide. Well, Lotus is one of the best paragons of Outlook Client-Server now known as IBM Notes. It also serves the same as Outlook and having many analogical features like e-mails, calendars, schedules, contact books, databases, and programming. IBM Notes or Lotus Notes utilize Notes Storage Facility (NSF) format to save the databases.
Why execution of conversion required for NSF format to PST format:
It is clear that both formats are used by two different Client-Server Applications. So it is impossible to open the NSF format file into Outlook. Here I’m going to give you the tricks and tract to effectuate your need for conversion from NSF to PST format.
Tracts to execute conversion from NSF Format to PST format
If you want to execute the conversion readily, choose the third-party solution, which is the best way of conversion implementation. Through the third-party solution, you can save too much precious time. But, if you are free then choose the fullest free tract to get zenith of prosperity through doing accomplishment of conversion of NSF to PST format.
So, have a glance upon the given tracts to execute gorgeously.
Free tactics to execute the conversion process of NSF format to PST format
Well, the Final alert from and recommendation from me is to have a valid backup of the original NSF format file previous to execute the conversion of formats. There are chances of damaging files during the implementation.
To get rid of conversion execution readily, you have to implement two manual tracts to get converted your NSF file format into a PST file format for further crucial execution.
The first is to export NSF files from Lotus Notes to an intermediate CSV file.
The second is to import the intermediate CSV file into MS Outlook.
Tract 1: Export NSF files to CSV
To convert NSF Files to PST file, you have to export NSF files to a CSV. To export, follow the below-given step:
- Firstly, Launch the IBM Lotus Notes program.
- Then, click File > Open > Lotus Notes Application.
- Browse the file which you wanted to open, in the open application
- And then click open, Chosen NSF format file gets opened.
- Just, click the export option, shown on the file menu.
- Type the file name, file resides location, and type of saving in the Export dialogue box.
- To export a file, choose the Comma Separated Value format for the file.
- Then you’ll see a dialogue box CSV Export on your PC. Hit the required options and then, click OK.
- Well, your file will have saved in CSV file format in the chosen location.
Now, it’s time to complete the second tracts to get prosperity conversion of NSF format file into PST format.
Part 2: Import CSV file into Outlook
After doing the first task and getting a CSV format copy of the NSF file, now it’s time to final execution of conversion by importing CSV file into Outlook.
Follow the mentioned below steps to import the CSV file into MS Outlook
- First, Open the MS Outlook program.
- Click Open & Export, and then click “Import/Export” in the File menu, which will third option/icon shown on the MS Outlook Window.
- Then an Import and Export dialogue box will appear on your screen consist of 7 different options like the given below:
- Export RSS Feeds to an OPML file
- Export to a file
- Import a vCARD file (.vcf)
- Import an iCalendar (.ics) or vCalender file (.vcs)
- RSS Feeds from an OPML file
- Import RSS Feeds from the “Common Feed List”
- From the above list choose option no.5. (Import from another program or file) from the option and then Click on the Next.
- Choose Comma Separated Values as file type and then click Next.
- Click Browse and choose the path for the CSV file which you have created before by utilizing the “Export” command of Lotus Notes. You can choose the option required apropos.
- After getting the prior CSV file and choose the Outlook folder wherever you want to store your exported data and then simply, click Next.
- Choose the given checkbox in the Import a file dialogue box and do click on “Finish”. You can change here your destination or map custom fields by doing click on the coequal name options too.
Finally, you will get the File in MS Outlook.
Well, this lengthy execution is fully free but infrequently it does not prove auxiliary due to having limitations, some issues are mentioned below:
- Typical tracts for a new user.
- Taking so much time and have chances to fail.
- A little flaw can create big issues like corruption in the NSF file
- Chosen conversion is impossible
- Conversion of a file at once make it a lengthy process and build more chance to make fault by the user
Anyway, don’t worry whenever you are with me, I have another option that I’ve advised firstly.
Yeah, take the assistance of the third-party solution such as Shoviv Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter for converting your file without doing all the hard implementation. Shoviv NSF to PST converter is the perfect third-party solution and a good option to convert NSF to PST.
I hope, you find it pretty and have downloaded the Shoviv NSF to PST converter. To flaw-free, risk-free, and stress-freely convert NSF to PST format, Shoviv NSF to PST converter offers a way to do so. A free trial version of the software is also available that allows the first 50 items/ folder to convert NSF to PST.
Note: Don’t forget to check our latest arrival on “Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration Issues”.
- How to Migrate Mozilla Thunderbird to Gmail Effortlessly? - June 5, 2023
- How to Backup IMAP Emails from IMAP Mail Account? - May 19, 2023
- How to Transfer Emails from Gmail to Another Gmail Account? - April 17, 2023