Exchange Server is a Microsoft’s platform that offers Email, Calendaring, Contact, Scheduling, voicemail transcriptions and collaboration etcetera. It runs only on Window server operating System. Exchange Server provides helping hand in Official appointments, Security and confidentiality of emails, Portability, and Mobility, and by Address book feature in maintaining email addresses. While PST (Personal Storage Table) Files are Microsoft Outlook Data files that stores the users’ Outlook data.
Topics we will cover in this blog:
- Why Export Exchange mailbox to PST
- How to Export Exchange mailbox to PST
- Manual Method to Export Exchange mailbox to PST
- Drawbacks of Manual method
- A better way to Export Exchange mailbox to PST
- Steps to Process Shoviv Exchange Recovery Software
- Advantages of using Shoviv Exchange Recovery Software
- Why Export Exchange 2010 mailbox to PST, is in high trend?
Why to Export Exchange Mailbox to PST:
- The basic reason behind the Export of Exchange mailbox to PST is having a backup to avoid the risk of the data loss.
- The user can also export Exchange Mailbox to PST for the Compliance purpose. For the legal discovery purposes, the user can first export mailboxes to PST then import PST to a mailbox.
- In the condition; if any employee leaves the organization and administrator wants to retain archive mailboxes but not in Exchange Mailbox, at that condition need creates to export Exchange mailbox to PST.
How to Export Exchange Mailbox to PST:
To Export Exchange Mailbox to PST, we have both manual and automated methods. To export by the manual method is lengthy and confusing while by the automated method it is easy as a pie. Let’s have a look at both methods:
Manual Method to Export Exchange Mailbox to PST:
For better understanding of OST to PST Conversion you can read our previous post on “OST to PST“
This is how we can export exchange mailbox to PST, but the Manual method has drawbacks too. The drawbacks are:
- To Export Exchange mailbox to PST by the manual method is a lengthy and time-consuming process and it requires technical hands to perform the task.
- The manual method doesn’t guarantee the accurate and perfect exportation; chances of data loss.
- It doesn’t permit to choose multiple folders as per the choice.
- It doesn’t allow to split the resultant PST file, in case you are having a large amount of the data size.
- By using this method one cannot export multiple mailboxes data at a time.
- No incremental export option is given.
- It doesn’t assure to maintain the hierarchy of data; chances of data alteration.
- It is not a professional way to export Exchange Mailbox to PST.
For the perfect and professional exportation of Exchange mailbox to PST; a handy software is also available. The Shoviv Exchange Recovery Manager is a picture-perfect tool to Export Exchange mailboxes to PST effortlessly. It is a hassle-free and easy way.
Steps to Export Exchange Mailbox to PST by Shoviv Exchange Recovery Manager:
- Install the Shoviv Exchange Recovery Manager Software.
- Open the Software.
- To add Exchange Server Mailboxes, click on the “Add Source” which is at the left of the ribbon bar.
- Next window will display, choose the source. For here, click on the second option “Exchange Server Mailboxes”.
- Fill the asked credentials, the Domain name (where the active directory is installed), the User name (user having the administrative rights) and the Password and click the Next.
- Now select the mailboxes to which you want to Export. Selected mailboxes will be added to the Software folder view with maintained hierarchy.
- After selecting the mailboxes, click on the “Finish” button to add Exchange mailboxes as a source. Now, the selected mailboxes will be visible in the “Source list>>Exchange server mailboxes” section, which is at the left pane.
- Now Export the mailboxes to PST by going to ribbon bar and click on Export mailboxes>>Outlook PST or you can right-click on folder list and in the context menu choose the “Export in Outlook PST” option.
- After Clicking on the “Export in Outlook PST” option next window will open. Find “Check/Uncheck Sub Folders”, checking this will automatically check all the sub-folders of checked folders and vice-versa. By checking Custom Folder Selection you will find three options to filter the export added source.
- Include: Only the selected folder will export.
- Exclude: Selected folders will not export.
- Add and Remove: here you can add/remove the folders.
- Moving by the “Next”, Process Message Class page will display, where user can add message class as well as can Include/Exclude the message class by clicking Add button. With the Process Item Date option, the user can filter the messages according to the date range. Click on the “Next” when all is done.
- Now you will have two options to export mailboxes to PST files.
- Export in Existing PST
- Export and Create New PST files
By Clicking the Next, Export of mailboxes will start. The window will show the Folder Name, Item Count, Processed Items, and Filtered and Failed Items and the status of the process. After completing you can save the report and finally click Finish when you are done. The process is complete.
Advantages of using Shoviv Exchange Recovery Manager Software to Export Exchange Mailbox to PST:
- The Software comes with the User-friendly GUI which makes the processing very easy. Any non-technical user can effortlessly export Exchange mailbox to PST.
- The software guarantees the accurate export of exchange mailboxes to PST; with maintained hierarchy.
- Shoviv Exchange Recovery Manager allows users to add Live Exchange/Office 365’s Public folder, Archive mailboxes and export it into another Live Exchange/Office 365 Public folder and Archive mailbox folder with the ease.
- It provides the preview option to preview the source mailbox items just before exporting the source mailboxes to PST.
- The software works for all the versions of Exchange Server. i.e. Exchange 2019, Exchange 2016, Exchange 2013, and other.
- The software is not size bounded, it automatically splits the PST file after reaching to the specified size limit.
- Shoviv Exchange Recovery Software provides the items search and filter option using various criteria like Subject, To, CC, BCC, From, Item types, Attachment Name, Read/Unread messages.
- The Software facilitates to export source mailboxes into Office 365mailbox, live exchange, and Outlook Profile stores. As well as the user can also export specific date range items and select message class(item Type)by automatic and manual mapping from the source to the target.
- It also allows to recover the data from corrupt Offline EDB files and extract single/multiple mailboxes from the Office365, Live Exchange, EML, MSG, PST, HTML, and RTF.
- The software facilitates to save the source mailbox items in numerous file formats like HTML, EML, MSG, VCard, VCAL, MSG Unicode, CAL, and RTF etcetera.
- It also permits to export and saves the resultant report/status into the HTML format.
Why Export Exchange 2010 mailbox to PST, is in high trend?
To export Exchange 2010 mailbox to PST, a very high number of users are searching for the way. Here is a specific reason due to which Exchange 2010 users are more likely to export Exchange 2010 mailbox to PST. As per Microsoft’s official announcement, from 13th October 2020, Microsoft will end the support for the Exchange 2010 hence there will be no further update, technical support, or bug fixing.
Due to the end of support for Exchange 2010, users are in hurry to export Exchange 2010 mailbox to PST because everyone wants to backup data if the technology is going to be outdated. As well as, for the same reason migration from Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2019 is also in high trend. Users who are willing to be with Microsoft Exchange, are migrating toward the latest one.
To Export Exchange mailbox to PST, firstly we discussed a manual method which is lengthy, unsecured, and confusing, then after we moved to the professional and handy solution; Shoviv Exchange Recovery Software. By going with the above context we can easily conclude that for a professional, secure, and handy export from the Exchange mailbox to PST; Shoviv Software is the best solution. To check its performance, the software also facilitates a demo version of the software which allows the export of the first 50 items per folder.