With the release of Exchange 2019 in October 2018, the market trend to migrate Exchange 2016 to 2019 is continuing; it is good to be up-to-date. Exchange 2019 is not much changed from the Exchange 2016 but its some of the feature especially upgraded security feature are different and advanced from the last one.
Why migrate Exchange 2016 to 2019?
- Being the latest version of the Exchange, it is the safest and advanced version so far.
- The meeting request forwarding feature and control of Out –Office setting have improved from the last ones.
- It supports email address internationalization. I.e. email addresses can contain special characters specific for a particular language.
- In Exchange 2019, Calendar Management is improved from the last one.
Download a trial version of Shoviv Exchange Migration to know in a better way.
Manual way to Migrate Exchange 2016 to 2019:
- Open the Exchange Admin Centre and follow Recipients>>Migration then click on the Add+, and choose Move to a different database.
- New Local mailbox move wizard will open, here add the mailboxes to migrate and provide the essential details.
- The move Configuration page will open, here provide the new batch name, and select the Exchange Server 2019 database as the destination. Click Next.
- Now Start the batch page will open, configure the migration setting as per the requirements and click Next.
- By this, batch Migration will start and you can see its status as “Scheduled”. The status will change to ‘Complete” after the successful migration.
- Instead of using Exchange Admin Centre for migrating the database from Exchange 2016 to 2019, you can also use the Exchange Management Shell Command to migrate mailboxes, audit log mailboxes, arbitrary mailboxes, and monitoring mailboxes.
- After successfully migrating the entire database, you can delete the Exchange database by the given command
Identity “Databasename”| Remove- MailboxDatabase
- You can Uninstall Exchange server 2016 by using the given command:
“ C;\Program Files\ Microsoft\Exchange Server\V 15 \Bin setup.exe/mode:uninstall
Limitations of Manual Method:
- It is a very tedious and time-consuming way to migrate Exchange 2016 to 2019 if go manually.
- Doer should be a technical expert of Exchange, for novice users, it is an Everest winning task.
- Also, there are chances of human error and it can lead to data loss.
- There will be a long downtime during manual migration.
Professional Tool to Migrate Exchange 2016 to 2019:
For the easy and accurate Exchange 2016 to 2019 migration, a professional third-party tool is a must. Shoviv Exchange Migration Tool is a perfect professional tool for this, it is a multitasking powerful solution which is embedded with numerous user-centric features. Let’s have a look:
- The Shoviv Exchange Migration Tool allows the quick migration of source mailboxes like EDB files, Outlook Stores, Office 365 mailboxes, Live Exchange mailboxes into live Exchange (on-premises, Outlook PST files, and Office 365.
- The Software is also capable to migrate Live Exchange/Office 365 public folder and Archive mailboxes into Office 365/Live Exchange public folder and Archive Mailbox.
- There is no restriction on size limit, you can add and migrate multiple numbers of mailboxes in one go.
- Shoviv Exchange Migration Tool properly maintains the folder hierarchy and maintains data integrity.
- The options like preview option, search option and filter option are some of the best user-friendly options.
- It also provides the option to save source mailboxes in various formats such as EML, MSG, HTML, RTF, vCard etcetera.
- The folder mapping option to map source with the target is also available.
Migration toward the latest and upgraded one is obvious. Exchange 2016 to 2019 migration is for the same. For the accurate migration with facilities; the manual method is not preferred. Shoviv Exchange Migration Tool is a professional tool and best suitable for professional results. It provides an easy way to Exchange 2016 to 2019 migration. To check its processing free trial/demo version of the software is also available which allows migration of first 50 items per folder.