Exchange Public Folders migration to Office 365 is widely executing these days. Public Folders provide a common platform where information can be shared with users; Administrator can assign permission to access. It comes very handily within an organization thus very crucial from the aspect of data. Office 365 groups are the latest technology while Exchange Public Folder is old technology and Microsoft doesn’t facilitate a way for a smooth migration.
Download a trial version of Exchange Public folders Migration to Office 365 to know in a better way.
Common reasons for Exchange Public folders Migration to Office 365:
- Office 365 is cost-efficient as there is no need for maintaining anything else.
- Services such as Skype for Business, Share Points and Hosted Exchange Server are an essential part of Office 365 and attract a lot of users.
- Office 365 groups are the latest collaboration with the new technologies hence has improved interface.
- There is no need to update Office 365 for latest version; users always get updated versions.
- Office 365 is a cloud-based Software as a Service thus easily accessible from anywhere in the presence of connection.
Ways for Exchange Public Folders Migration to Office 365:
The Migration process of Public Folder to Office 365 can be carried out by the manual method or with the professional third-party tool.
Manual Method: it comprises a list of processes, which is written below.
- Download the Public Folders Migration Scripts and save these files on the local system where you are willing to run the PowerShell commands.
- Confirm that there are no unidentified Public Folder mail objects.
- Confirm that there are no duplicate Public Folders on Active directory.
- Generate the CSV file.
- Create Public Folder mailboxes on Exchange folder Online.
- Start the Process of migration.
- Generate request for downtime.
- Lock the Public Folder on the legacy Exchange Server and Migrate the Public Folders.
- Finalize the Public Folder migration.
- Verify the Public Folder Migration.
- Unlock the process.
- From Legacy Exchange Server remove the Public Folder database.
For detailed information, users may go to Microsoft’s site.
Issues with the Manual Method:
- It is a very tedious and time-consuming way for Exchange Public Folders migration to Office 365.
- Technical Expertise is required to execute the task properly.
- It is size limited process.
- High Chances of Data loss; a single mistake can do severe data loss.
Professional Third-Party Tool:
Exchange Public Folders migration to Office 365 can be executed perfectly using Professional Third-Party Tool i.e. Shoviv Exchange Migration Tool. Exchange Migration Tool is built with the advanced algorithm and user-centric GUI; provides smooth and simple Public Folder Migration. It offers many features out of which some salient features are:
- The Software proficiently recovers inaccessible and corrupted EDB files and migrates them.
- No restriction on size and on migrating the multiple numbers of EDB files.
- Allows previewing added source mailboxes just before the migration.
- The search facility is also provided within the Software. The criteria include Message, Message class, Date, CC, BCC, Attachment date, from and subject.
- It also provides an option to save the source mailboxes in various file format E.g. HTML, EML, MSG, RTF, vCard, etc.
- Filter option based on Message Class and Item Date is also given.
- Shoviv Exchange Migration Tool properly maintains the data integrity and hierarchy of the folder.
- It supports all the versions of Exchange (Exchange 2010, Exchange 2013, Exchange 2016 and Exchange 2019).
Exchange Public folders migration to Office 365 is a critical task and for this, users have two ways to go: Manual Method and Third-Party Tool. Manual Method comes free but not free from drawbacks. Manual method has several severe limitations hence not appropriate for Professional use. Shoviv Exchange Migration is an advanced third-party tool having all the sought after features. To check the working of Shoviv Exchange Migration Tool, a free demo/trial version is also available to download that allows migration of first 50 items per folder.