There are various email clients available on the internet world but Outlook is standing on the utmost position. With its incredible and user-friendly features, no other email clients can compete with Outlook nor giving a close competition. Thus, the users of other email clients migrate to Outlook, and migration of data is quite a trend nowadays on personal as well as professional level.
Users want an email client that fulfills their needs and lets them work or manage their data in an effective manner. Microsoft Outlook fits in every need of users that’s the reason it is the most preferred email service across the globe.
Migration between Lotus Notes and Outlook is quite common if you are one such user and looking for the easiest way to convert Lotus Notes to Outlook, this blog is definitely for you.
Download a trial version of Shoviv Lotus Notes Data to Outlook Converter to know in a better way.
Lotus Notes is an email application that was hugely popular among email users. IBM Lotus Notes saves its mailbox data in NSF format. NSF files are essentially the database files of Lotus Notes. Similarly, MS Outlook uses PST files to store its mailbox data.
Why Lotus Notes to Outlook Conversion?
There are numerous whys and wherefores behind the Lotus Notes to Outlook Conversion. Here are some of the common reasons given under:
- MS Outlook is an easy function and features to use as compared with the Lotus Notes.
- Outlook lets users work Offline in offline mode.
- MS Outlook comes with advanced security features and data management facilities where Lotus Notes are lacking in this area.
- Outlook lets users do multitasking more effectively.
- Users faced several glitches in Lotus Notes calendar meeting scheduling while Outlook calendaring is very user-friendly.
- For novice users, Lotus Notes might be a more complex email service but on the other hand, MS Outlook GUI is more user-friendly.
- Data management is moderately better in MS Outlook.
- MS Outlook is cost-efficient too.
Export Lotus Notes to Outlook
There are two methods are available to migrate data from the Lotus Notes to Outlook;
- Professional Tool
Export Lotus Notes to Outlook Manually
Manual method is divided into two parts:
Part 1: Export Lotus Notes emails in CSV format
Follow the underneath steps to export emails from Lotus Notes NSF file in CSV format:
- Open the Lotus Notes
- Hit the File tab, and go to Export by clicking on it
- Now navigate the location where you want to save your file
- Click on the drop-down menu of Save as the type and choose Comma Separated Value
- Give a name to the file which you want to export, then click Export
- From the CSV Export window, click OK.
- Wait till the process completes, and now click Finish.
Part -2 Import Exported Data in Outlook
Now import emails in Outlook you’ve transferred earlier by following these steps:
- From the Outlook menu, click on the File tab.
- Tap on Open & Export and choose Import/Export.
- From the Import and Export Wizard window, pick ‘Import from another program or file’ option and tap on Next.
- In the Import a File window, choose the Comma Separated Values option and click on Next.
- Press the Browse option to choose the exported CSV file, and choose ‘Replace duplicates with item imported’ option. Now click on Next.
- Choose the folder where you want to import the emails and click on Next.
- Now, wait till the process is finished and then click Finish.
Check out our another blog to know why and how to convert Lotus Notes to Outlook Manually
Drawbacks of Manual Conversion:
Manual NSF to PST Converting is a free way to perform the task but this can be risky for your data as it can cause the data loss if not perform with utmost care. Here are some other drawbacks of manual conversation:
- Conversion process is a long process and complicated for novice users.
- If you are not the technical sound you may end up getting confused during the process.
- The manual method involves a risk of data loss if you don’t want to lose your data you must skip this.
- The manual method does not work properly on the large files.
If you don’t want to play with your crucial data, skip the manual process, and go with a professional approach.
Professional Approach to Convert Lotus Notes data to Outlook:
Shoviv Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter tool is the best and genuine procedure to convert Lotus Notes data to Outlook. When it comes to picking the best tool for your task Shoviv is the certified tool which lets you convert NSF to PST format effortlessly without any risk. It was intended after years of research about the needs of Lotus Notes users who are searching for the alternative of manual conversion.
The Shoviv tool is packed with powerful features and offers to migrate NSF to PST also in EML and MSG formats. This tool is compatible with all the versions of Windows.
Features of Shoviv Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter:
- Striking and easy to use interface.
- Export multiple or batch NSF files at once.
- Converts the complete Lotus Notes database including emails, attachments, calendars, profile information, and metadata.
- Convert NSF files rendering to date and other types of categories.
- Converts huge NSF files into PST format.
- Allow you to save NSF files to PST, MSG, and EML formats.
- Very easy to use for all Lotus Notes users.
- Keep all attachments and folder details.
- Saves the original folder hierarchy of the database.
How to Convert Lotus Notes to Outlook with Shoviv Tool
Let’s have a look at the steps how Shoviv NSF to PST converter works?
- First of all, download and install the Shoviv tool from the website.
- Now open Shoviv Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter.
- Hit on the Add NSF File button, which is on the ribbon bar.
- Choose the NSF files to convert by tapping on the Add File(s) and click Ok.
- Now NSF files will be visible in the folder list. Click on the Outlook PST option to export NSF files.
- Check/ Uncheck for the sub-folders and hit on the Next.
- Now users can set the options as per their needs. They can pick item types to export in PST.
- Use Folder Mapping and Email Translation option if required.
- Open the Target Folder to store exported data. There will be an option of creating a PST file password and the option to set the file size for resultant PST, if needed.
- Check to create Unicode PST. Click on the Next.
- Now click on the Finish button to end the task.
Because of user-centric features of Outlook, users are migrating toward it and Lotus Notes users are also among them. A manual method is also available to convert NSF to PST but it has lots of drawbacks. For this, a genuine procedure is needed to convert Lotus Notes to Outlook and Shoviv Software comes as the best-suitable utility for this. A free demo version of Shoviv Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter is also available to download that allows conversion of first fifty items per folder.