IBM Lotus and Microsoft Outlook are two leading and popular email clients. But in this competitive world organizations want an email client that fulfills their needs and Microsoft Outlook is the only application right now that fits in every need of users. The advanced features of Outlook help to rank on the top list of email clients. It has user-friendly features and easy to use GUI easily attracts the users. Apart from the features, its data security management gains the trust of users. That’s the reason, users are switching into Outlook from Lotus Notes.
However, it is not a cakewalk process when converting NSF to PST, as both email clients use the different file formats to store their data. Here in this blog, we will let you through necessities, causes, and methods to convert NSF files to Outlook.
Download a trial version of Shoviv NSF to PST Converter to know in a better way.
How can I convert NSF to PST Without Lotus Notes installation?
This is most searched and asked questions by users, well the answer is NO. You cannot convert an NSF file to PST without the Lotus Notes installation. You can open the files but can’t convert the data. So here are the methods by which you can convert the data easily.
Reasons to Migrate NSF File into PST
- GUI: Outlook’s GUI is more attractive and simpler to use than Lotus Notes.
- Cost of Maintenance: Outlook is less expensive as compared to Lotus Notes.
- Easy to Use: A non-technical user quickly comprehends Outlook functioning, whereas Lotus Notes is a bit complicated for users who are not from the technical background.
- Manage Accounts: In Outlook, users can use multiple accounts, but in Lotus Notes users are not privileged with this feature only one account can effortlessly manage with the IBM application.
Convert NSF to PST Format:
Migration of NSF file into PST format divided into two steps and two methods are available.
Method 1 – Convert NSF to CSV format manually
You can manually convert NSF files to CSV format, by executing the following steps:
Step 1: Export NSF Database to CSV Format
- Open the IBM Lotus Notes application
- Go to the File menu, and then click Export
- From the Export box, pick the location you wish to save your file.
- Choose the ‘Comma Separated Value’ option as your file format, give a name to your file and tap on Export.
- From the CSV Export window, select the desired options and tap on OK.
- The exported data will be stored in CSV format at the chosen location.
Step 2: Import the CSV file into Microsoft Outlook
After exporting your NSF data, now you need to import the CSV file into Outlook.
- Open your Microsoft Outlook application
- Go to the File tab from the main menu
- Now hit the Open & Export, and pick the Import/Export option.
- From the dialog box, select ‘Import from another program or file’, and click on Next
- From the Import a File, select the ‘Comma Separated Values’ option and hit on Next.
- Tap Browse to choose the exported CSV file. Under the Options bar, pick any one option and hit Next.
- Tap on Checkbox to set the further settings, and then click Finish.
After performing the above steps successfully, you will be able to convert NSF to PST format.
Limitations of Manual Method
Though it is a decent way to practice manual approach to export emails from Lotus Notes to MS Outlook. But, few restrictions have to be measured while performing the manual method. Here are some of the restrictions are given under:
- It is quite drawn-out and complex process.
- The manual approach to export Lotus Notes data into MS Outlook needs decent technical knowledge and is not suggested for novice users.
- Manual methods are not appropriate for exporting huge sized NSF files. It restricts when to convert NSF to PST in large a manner.
- In this method, the risk of data loss and corruption is very high if the process does not perform with care.
Method 2 – Use Shoviv NSF to PST Converter
Shoviv NSF to PST Converter tool is expert software to convert NSF to PST.It allows exporting all mailbox items such as emails, attachments, contacts, calendars, and journals to Outlook PST file format. It provides an easy and intuitive interface that allows you effortlessly convert NSF to PST. This software can also help you overcome restrictions of the above discussed manual method.
Benefits of Using NSF to PST Tool
- Let users convert multiple NSF files at a single attempt.
- Converts NSF file holding Lotus Notes mailbox items in their original form.
- Allow to saves the converted NSF file in PST, MSG, RTF, EML, PDF and HTML file formats.
- Provides preview of converted mailbox items before saving.
- Let users pick and export particular mailbox items.
- Gives only three-step procedure to convert NSF to PST file.
Extraordinary Features of Shoviv NSF to PST Converter
Safe and Secure Conversion
NSF to PST Converter securely converts the NSF files into Outlook PST format without the risk of data loss. This tool Export Notes mailbox items like email, contact, task, notes, and journals into PST file format.
This tool is technologically advanced and it supports multiple conversion of NSF files into PST format with great speed without altering the original content.
Auto File Search
The auto-file search feature lets you search the NSF database files in your system. If you are not aware of the exact location of NSF database files, this feature will help you to find the file only by mentioning the name of the file in the search bar.
The Shoviv tool provides the preview of full NSF file data before completing the conversion process. It will show the data even from the damaged or corrupted file.
The demo version of this tool allows converting Lotus Notes to Microsoft Outlook for free of cost. It is highly recommended to download the free demo version before purchasing. It will help you out in knowing Software and its feature in a better way. Using the demo version you can convert first 50 items per folder.