Last updated on May 19th, 2023
In today’s world of information and technology, undoubtedly, Emails are the most widely used medium for professional and personal works. And when talking about email clients, Outlook is the name that for sure strikes our mind. A question also strikes in the minds of users that what is Hotmail? Is it different from Outlook? How to download Hotmail emails? Let’s know all about Hotmail:
Is Hotmail, Outlook.com?
Many users get confused about Hotmail. But it must be clear that today’s Outlook.com is nothing just an upgraded version and a changed name of Hotmail. Hotmail was founded in 1996 by Sabeer Bhatia and Jack Smith. In 1997 it was acquired by Microsoft and relaunched as Outlook.com in 2012.
As per the heading, here in this blog, we will discuss: how to download emails from Hotmail? How to take Hotmail backup? And all the other aspects related to the Hotmail.
4 Persuasive Reasons to Have a Hotmail Emails Backup
It would be wise to discuss why to backup Hotmail emails before discussing how to backup Hotmail emails. Several reasons lead users to download Hotmail emails and to take Hotmail emails backup. For every user, the reason may be different. A few reasons are listed below:
- No one wants to take the risk with the data, hence taking Hotmail email backup becomes an important preventive step.
- Having data in PST (MS Outlook’s data storing file format) provides direct access without any downtime.
- It becomes very easy to port emails if you have data in your local machine. I.e. hard drive
- Users can free up server space by archiving Hotmail email in PST file format.
Ways To Get Your Hotmail Emails to Your Local Disks
To backup Hotmail email, there are two ways: one is going with the manual way, and the other is using a professional third-party tool. Firstly, we will discuss the manual one.
Backup Hotmail Emails: The Free Way
Yes, there are some manual ways too. You can download Hotmail emails using them. For example, Import and Export, &Drag and Drop methods. But all these manual methods come with many limitations and drawbacks that no one wants. Some limitations/drawbacks are below that are enough to avoid manual ways:
- Manual methods are very time-consuming; not preferred for professionals.
- Not compatible with all the versions of Outlook.
- Technical expertise is needed; chances of human error are hence risky.
- There is the issue of size limitation with the manual methods.
- Manual methods don’t provide advanced options like Filter, Scheduler, and restoring et cetera.
- It requires time and again repetition of tasks.
How to Backup Hotmail Emails Instantly?
Everyone wants simple and affective processing, and a professional tool provides it in a click far. I.e. Shoviv IMAP Backup and Restore. The tool comes with a lot of user-friendly features and functionalities. Some of its highlighted features are listed below:
- Users can backup multiple Hotmail emails in the PST file format in no time.
- The tool comes with a very advanced option called scheduler. This option gives you rid of remembering backup all time. Now you can schedule your email backup on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. The tool will automatically take the backup of the emails at the scheduled time.
- Shoviv IMAP backup and Restore tool also comes with the default option of incremental. This feature resumes the process from where it stopped; this tool also prevents duplicity.
- It is not only an expert in taking backup, but it is also capable of restoring email from PST to IMAP server mailboxes.
- Shoviv IMAP Backup and Restore tool also offers the facility to filter the backup emails. Users can filter backup based on date range and folder filter.
- Users can also set a size limit for the resultant PST files. The user can easily set PST file size limit, and the tool will split it after reaching provided size limit.
- Users can create multiple backups as well as restore jobs. By this facility, numerous jobs run simultaneously hence requiring less time and effort.
- It is compatible with all the versions of the Windows Operating System. Also, as the software’s name clarifies, it works for all IMAP server mailboxes not only restricted to Outlook/Hotmail.
- To check the working of the tool, a free demo version of the software is also available.
Quick Steps to Export Hotmail Emails to PST File are:
- Run Shoviv Hotmail IMAP Backup & Restore tool.
- Log in to IMAP Client and create a Backup directory.
- Select “Export Type as PST” from the Export Option.
- Choose the “Destination folder Location” on the PC.
- Click on the Export button to begin the Process.
Many reasons are there for which users download Hotmail emails or search for a way to backup Hotmail emails. To say there are few manual ways too, but manual ways have lots of drawbacks and limitations. To effortlessly and perfectly backup Hotmail emails, we have suggested and explained Shoviv IMAP Backup and Restore tool. This tool provides numerous features for a professional and user-centric process. If you are the one who wants to download all Hotmail emails/ want to backup Hotmail emails, this tool is perfect for you. A free/demo version is also available. Users can easily download, install and run the software. The demo version will process the first 50 items per folder.
- How to Migrate Google Drive to Another Account Effortlessly? - September 15, 2023
- How to Transfer Files from Google drive to OneDrive? - September 13, 2023
- How to Migrate Emails from ProtonMail to Gmail Effortlessly? - September 12, 2023