As an active user of Outlook, you would have faced many errors while running the application. In instances where you will enable to receive or send emails, Outlook shows you the error, namely 0x800ccc92. Many users will encounter these errors, at times setting up a new IMAP, POP3, or any other email account in MS Outlook.
More insight on Outlook Error 0x800ccc92
At times of using Outlook, you’ll notice that it suddenly starts showing you the error message on the screen. The error message can be receiving a reported error (0x800ccc92). “Your email server has rejected your login attempt”. In the account settings, cross-check the username and password, as it symbolizes that; there is some issue with the username and password.
Consequences of Error 0x800CCC92 – This error may have more dangerous effects or increase the risk of data loss. After reaching a certain point of corruption, it can render an Outlook PST file unavailable or unreadable for users. Outlook error code 0x800ccc92 causes slow Outlook processing, Outlook freezing, and other common Outlook hanging problems.
Possible reasons of Outlook Error 0x800ccc92
- If in case, you had assigned a wrongly configured setting in Outlook.
- Oversize PST file results in causing an interruption in accessing emails on Outlook.
- One of the possible causes is a synchronization issue between Outlook and Server.
- If your Outlook account is connected using multiple systems.
- When configuring Gmail, Hotmail, AOL, or other email accounts in MS Outlook, the settings (POP3/IMAP/SMTP) are incorrectly configured.
Important- After checking the possible reason for Outlook Error 0x800ccc92, you are in the dilemma of looking for the solution. To deal with this error, you can look for ‘Inbox Repair Tool’, but it comes with the limitation to not fix over-sized PST files. Rather than using Outlook inbuilt repair tool, you can look for the Shoviv Outlook PST Repair tool to ease out the task of repairing corrupted PST files.
Possible solutions for fixing Outlook Error 0x800ccc92
There are two approaches to solve Outlook Error 0x800ccc92; One is through manual methods, and the other is through a third-party PST repair tool. Firstly, we will show you the manual approach to fix this error.
There are multiple ways to fix the mentioned error, and you can follow any of these given methods.
Note- The Outlook error 0x800ccc92 typically occurs when incorrect login credentials are entered (username and password). As a result, double-check that your Outlook account login credentials are correctly entered or not. Check it, how to do it:
- Make sure to verify the account email address entered must be similar to the username.
- Verify that both incoming and outgoing mail server has the same credentials.
- You need to ensure that the mail server settings, such as POP, SMTP, and IMAP, are correct. To verify this, you can visit the account server setting in Outlook and then review the incoming and outgoing mail server setting.
Also, for the POP3, IMAP, or SMTP settings for the Outlook account, the user needs to check the incoming and outgoing server port numbers.
IMAP configuration for a Gmail account:
- Incoming email server (IMAP) – imap.gmail.com
- Server for sending (Outgoing) emails – smtp.gmail.com
- Incoming mail server port – 993 (SSL required)
- Outgoing mail server port – (587 TLS / 465 SSL required)
POP3 configuration for a Gmail account:
- Incoming mail server pop.gmail.com
- Outgoing mail server smtp.gmail.com
- Incoming server 995 (SSL required)
- Outgoing server 587 (TLS) or 465 (SSL)
Note– If you are using an email account other than Gmail or Hotmail, make sure the server settings for your Outlook-configured email account are correct.
Remove the same email account from any other device e.g, a Smartphone other than your PC, if you have configured it on any other devices. If the problem continues, move on to the next step.
Try to focus on reducing the PST file size. Try to split the large PST file into smaller PSTs. After splitting PST, then review that the problem is solved or not. To split a PST file; does not involve any straight-method, but you need to use the techniques such as removing duplicate emails in Outlook, compressing and archiving the PST file. Note- You can use the Auto Archive feature in the following ways:
- Select Auto Archive Settings from the Advanced section of Outlook options.
- When setting up Run Auto Archive, make sure to run it for 14 days.
Another way of fixing the error is to clear out deleted items folder. To make this happen, you need to click on the Empty deleted items folders check box on the advanced Outlook options section.
You can also create a new Outlook profile as this error can also be due to the corrupted Outlook profile. To create a new Outlook profile, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- First, open the control panel on your system and then click on ‘Mail’.
- After that, you need to choose the Show profile.
- The dialog box will pop-up, where you need to click on add button and mention the name for your Outlook profile. Click on the Ok button to continue.
- At last, you need to re-add the account to the Outlook profile and check whether the issue is solved or not.
Manual methods have limited capabilities for dealing with these problems, and therefore may worsen the situation. As a result, you can opt for a professional tool to fix the error.
An Automated Method- Shoviv Outlook PST Repair Tool
The manual methods to fix Outlook Error 0x800ccc92 have some limitations and are complex for a novice user. It is better to use a professional tool like Shoviv for Outlook PST repair that expertly scans and repairs the corrupted/inaccessible PST files, even without losing the data integrity. Check out the top-most feature of the tool:
- This tool has no restriction in adding a large-size PST file.
- The software allows you to save the recovered PST file items in various formats, including RTF, EML, MSG, HTML, etc.
- Splitting large-size PST file into multiple small PSTs is also the key feature of this tool.
- You can also set the size of the resultant PST file.
- The software is available with a free demo version; the user can check out the tool working by processing the first 50 items/folder.
We have offered some insight on how to repair Outlook Error 0x800ccc92 using manual methods in this post. But as discussed, these methods have their limitation. Moreover, to keep away from such conditions, you can look for the Shoviv Outlook PST Repair tool.