Last updated on October 31st, 2023
In the world of the internet and easy communication, we have a lot of modes for it. Undoubtedly, emailing dominates the first row as it suits the needs of the time. Features and facilities gained in emailing make it the best way of communication for professional and personal needs. In this row, we find many prominent email clients, and Rediffmail is one of them. It is a web-based email service provided by Rediff.com. With time due to advancements in competitiveness and other factors, users are looking for the Rediffmail backup and export of emails from Rediffmail. We can see many users are searching for an effortless and efficient way to export Rediffmail email to PST. Many probable reasons are behind Rediffmail to PST export; we will know all of them in detail. Also, we will explain all you need to know about Rediffmail backup.
Reasons that Initiate Rediffmail Backup:
- Having a backup is always better than not having it. Backup saves you from unwanted situations like deletion, security threats: hacking, inaccessibility, etc.
- Backup in the local system provides you with all-time accessibility apart from the need for a stable network connection.
- Having Rediffmail backup in PST file format facilitates a lot to users like easy portability, password protection, accessibility as .pst(personal storage table) is Outlook data storage file format.
How to Backup Rediffmail to PST?
It is an obvious question because, most probably, this is what you lead to this blog. To export Rediffmail email to PST, we do not have any reliable manual method. No manual methods provide a straight and secured way. But, for this Rediffmail to PST export, we have an effortless and effective professional tool called Shoviv IMAP Backup and Restore. This tool provides effective processing without the requirement of any technical expertise. Still, for your convenience, stepwise processing is explained below:
- Firstly download and open the Shoviv IMAP and Backup Restore tool.
- Now click on the Backup Directory tab present on the dashboard.
- Give a name to the backup directory and provide the path. It is where your data is going to save.
- After that, in the Backup Job section at the mailbox selection tab, provide the Job Name, Email Address, and Password. Also, enter the Server Address, Port number; if using a proxy, then according to it.
- Here, add a new backup directory using the given option or continue with the old one provided in the first step.
- To apply the filter, click on the filter options tab. Here you will get options: Date Range and Folder Name. Apply the filter as per your requirement of data. Remember, here you are either including or excluding; proceed accordingly.
- If you want to run the job immediately, check the option, Start Immediately After Creating Job. Otherwise, go with the Job Schedule.
- In the job schedule, here four options are given. You can schedule the Rediffmail backup as per your need. Options are: Once Only, Daily, Weekly, and Monthly. Also, set the start date, end date, and frequency of occurrence as per your needs. The software will automatically take backup at the scheduled period.
- By going into the Other Settings tab, set your other requirements with the software. Here, you can set backup thread count (mailbox thread count and item thread count). As well as, in case of network failure for mailbox login and mailbox item retrieve, you can set the attempts.
- You can also provide the upper limit of failed items, after which the process will stop. Here, to get the resultant .pst file of your required size, set the limit. The software will split the PST file on reaching the upper size limit.
- Finally, click on the Create Backup Job, and the backup process will start. After completing the process, you will get a full report of Rediffmail to PST backup. You can also save it in HTML file format for future references.
Prominent Features Offered by Shoviv IMAP Backup and Restore Tool:
- It allows exporting multiple Rediffmail mailboxes in a single batch to .pst files.
- As its name depicts, along with Rediffmail backup, this tool also works for restoring emails from .pst to mailboxes.
- This tool provides rid of remembering backup as it facilitates features of scheduling backup. You can easily schedule backup as per your requirement.
- The software works on a job-based backup/restore process, and you can create multiple backup jobs that run concurrently. This feature saves time and makes the backup/restore process fast.
- The default incremental backup feature is also present within the software. This feature comes in handy if any reason like the network connection issues stops the process. It resumes the process. Users also get rid of duplicity.
- You can easily filter the emails according to the need; filter options provided. Users can easily include/exclude the emails based on date range and folder name.
- Users can also set the size limit for the resultant .pst file. You can provide the upper size limit for the .pst file, and software will automatically split the .pst file on reaching the prescribed size.
- A free demo version of the software is also available to download that allows processing the first fifty items per folder. The trial version provides a better insight into the tool that helps users to get satisfied.
We have explained all about backup of Rediffmail and export of Rediffmail to .pst file format in the above write-up. We also knew that there is no reliable manual method for Rediffmail backup; there is a need for the professional tool. Shoviv IMAP Backup and Restore software is an all-in-one utility for this task. This tool is compatible with all the IMAP supporting servers hence with Rediffmail. Shoviv IMAP Backup and Restore offers all the advanced and user-centric features for the effortless and swift Rediffmail backup. With this tool, users can easily export Rediffmail email to PST file format in multiple numbers in no time. Users can check the software before purchasing it. A free demo version of the software is available to download that allows processing the first fifty items per folder.
In the future, if there is a need to export emails from the .pst file to Rediffmail, will this tool be able to execute this task?
Yes, this tool is also an expert in restoring. As its name clarifies, this tool can restore along with the backup. Users get both the backup and restore tab on a single dashboard.
I want resultant .pst files of 10 GB size limit, is there any option to manage it?
Yes, the software has a split pst option for this. Using this option, you can set the size limit for the resultant .pstfiles, and the software will automatically split it. By doing this, you can get the .pst file of a 10 GB size limit.
I am not technically sound; will you help me if I get stuck during the process?
Although the software comes with a very user-friendly GUIhence very easy to run the software. However, if you get stuck while processing or need any help with the tool, our technical support team is always here to help you out. You can contact us via the live chat option present at the right-bottom corner. You can also reach us via telephonic mode, or you can write an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Suppose the backup process interrupts due to a network issue; will I have to start the process from the beginning or what?
For this, the tool has an advanced feature called default incremental backup. This feature facilitates the resuming of the process hence no need to start the backup from the beginning. This tool also prevents duplicity hence very user-centric in all means.
I am using Windows 7; is this tool compatible with this version of the Windows Operating System?
Don’t worry about the version of your Windows Operating System. Shoviv IMAP Backup and Restore tool is compatible with all the versions of the Windows Operating System, whether it is Windows 7, Windows 10, or any other.
I need a backup of only July 2020 to December 2020; will it be possible to specify the emails?
Yes, it is possible to backup only what you need. A filter option is present in the software, from where you can include/exclude a particular date range. Just provide the date range. i.e. July 2020 to December 2020 for your case. Also, you can filter based on the folder name.