Do you have a corrupted BKF file and are looking for a solution to fix it and open it in Windows 10, 8, 7? If so, keep reading this post because we will show you how to repair and open BKF file.
We all know that the NTBackup software can get used to creating a file backup in a Windows system.
So, in this article, we’ll show you how to open BKF file in Windows 10, 8, and 7 manually and will look for an automated approach to recover a bkf file. Firstly, it’s important to understand what is a BKF file is and how it can get corrupted.
Reasons behind BKF file corruption
The BKF extension refers to a backup file created by the Windows Backup application, which gets included in Microsoft Windows versions NT through XP. BKF files are commonly used to safeguard, backup, and restore files and data stored on a computer’s ZIP drive.
BKF files are only useful when they are in good health, and like other files, they are susceptible to corruption. Corruption means the inaccessibility of the data included in the file.
Some of the reasons for the BKF file corruption
In today’s digital era, file corruption in any format is common; however, file corruption can be disastrous at times. Similar to all files, there are many reasons behind corruption in BKF files. Below listed are some of the reasons:
- Unanticipated system shutdown: The unexpected system shutdown leads to the BKF file corruption. Take an example, you are working on a backup file, and the system shuts down in the middle, the file can get damaged, and the data may get lost.
- Virus attack: It is one of the most common reasons for BKF file corruption. Any third-party program downloaded from an unreliable source can also infect the system with a virus and results in corrupting the BKF file.
- User Error: Users are also responsible for the cause of backup file corruption. Installation of third-party software from the untrusted source, putting corrupt content in the backup file is an example of a human mistake that will lead to the corruption of the BKF file.
There is much more reason for BKF file corruption, but now we will move towards looking for the available techniques to restore the BKF file.
How to Open BKF file in Windows 10, 8, and 7
Microsoft has an inbuilt utility named NTBackup.exe to repair BKF files. Let’s check out how it works to restore BKF file data by following the given steps.
- Firstly, the user needs to open the folder containing expand, after that, needs to run as an administrator.
- Then the message will pop up Removable Store Service, where you need to hit on the OK
- Now, you will see a new window on your screen that displays Welcome to the backup or restoration wizard. To proceed ahead, click on Next.
- After that, select the Restore file and setting option and then click on the Next button.
- Now, the user needs to click on Browse select the BKF file. After selecting the file, click on the OK button.
- After that, the user needs to expand from the left pane and choose the required file and folder. Then click on the OK button.
- After completing the above step, then click on Advanced.
- Now user needs to select the original location option to save the resultant file from the Restore file drop-down menu. Then click on the Next button.
- At last, the user can click on the Finish button to end the procedure to repair the corrupted BKF file.
Drawbacks of manual method to restore BKF file
The manual approach assists the user in repairing a corrupted bkf file, but it has some drawbacks. Before manually fixing a corrupted BKF file, users should be aware of these drawbacks. Some of them are as follows:
- It is a time-consuming process that requires long steps to follow for restoring BKF data.
- The native tool is incompetent to resolve large-scale corruption and is restricted to sort out minor corruption levels.
- exe tool works in the Windows version higher than XP and only if the user has stored .dll executable files with others.
Do not worry! There is another option to repair BKF files by overcoming the limitations of the manual approach. The name of such tool is Shoviv BKF Recovery tool. It is an efficient and reliable tool to restore the BKF file along with maintaining folder hierarchy and the original form of the data.
Automated approach to solve BKF file corruption
If you are facing a problem while repairing corrupted .bkf files using a manual method, the user can go with this tool. It is the perfect and reliable solution to repair BKF files. It gets specially designed to restore data from the corrupted BKF file in a hassle-free manner.
Besides this, the software offers multiple features and enables a good working experience with the software.
Take a look at the steps to repair the BKF file using the Shoviv BKF Recovery tool:
- Firstly, the user needs to download and open the BKF recovery tool.
- Now, click on Add button and then the browse button to locate the corrupted .bkf file from the system.
- Then, after selecting the file, click on the OK button to move ahead.
- After that, you can click on Save from tree option from the software ribbon bar section to restore the backup file from the folder view.
- There is another option to restore a backup from the list by choosing Save from list option.
- After selecting the target folder to locate the result file; then the software will show you the report of the restored item and click on the Finish button to end the process.
Salient features of the tool:
- This tool can add large size corrupted BKF files and make them repaired.
- Users will have no restriction on adding several BKF files and restore the corrupted BKF files in single processing.
- It has user-friendly features that make the process of restoring the BKF file very simple.
- This tool not only allows you to upload several BKF files but also ensures data integrity.
- In addition, the software can also recover corrupted Veritas backup, Symantec backup, etc.
- After the scanning process of the BKF file gets over, this tool also allows the user to preview the recovered file in a tree structure.
- The tool is compatible with Windows operating systems such as 95, NT, 98, 2000,7, 8,8.1, 10.
Through this blog, I have illustrated the method to Repair, Restore and open BKF files in Windows 10, 8, and 7. We have looked at the manual approach and the automated tool to restore the BKF file. As the DIY method has several downsides, professional software such as the Shoviv BKF Recovery program gets strongly suggested.
Users should look at its free demo version, which will allow users to ensure about tool working. Using its trial version, users can recover BKF files and also restore selective file formats like Opal, DLL, CHM, Exe, and Opax.