Last updated on June 25th, 2020 at 04:53 pm
An issue in the working environment is the most annoying thing ever and especially in Outlook. If you are trying to send an important email and suddenly you are getting a message that an unknown error has occurred, you’d be disappointed. Outlook Error 0x800ccc0f also creates the same annoyingness when it appears.
Outlook can encounter a few errors from time to time and some of them are quite hard to resolve. And one of the errors that are quite frequent in Outlook is 0x800ccc0f and it pops up quite frequently in the system. It can occur in all the latest versions of the Outlook and you must take it seriously.
Download a trial version of Shoviv OST to PST to know in a better way.
Here is how you can understand and resolve the Outlook error 0x800ccc0f.
This type of error occurs when you send or receive SMTP based emails and you won’t notice anything out of the ordinary until you witness this error. Let’s understand the possible reasons for this kind of error in your Outlook.
Reasons for this Outlook Error:
If you want to resolve the error as soon as possible then you have to understand the core of the error. Here are the reasons for the error on your system:
- Bad network connection or configuration in the system
- Windows firewall is blocking a certain Outlook program.
- Profile settings on Outlook are incorrect
- Outlook data files are damaged and inaccessible
Now, let’s shift our focus on fixing the error as soon as possible.
How to resolve?
It is pretty difficult to resolve the error when the user has no idea about the root cause of the error. If you are not sure about it, then you may have to try the solutions.
Internet connection –Well, bad internet connection could be one of the reasons for this error and you need to make sure that you have access to the high-speed internet connection and it is configured well.
Disable the Firewall – If the Firewall is blocking access to certain Outlook features, you can try to disable the Firewall and give it unrestricted access.
Here is how you can do that:
- Click on the start button and search for Control Panel
- Now, you need to open Network connection and right-click on the internet connection you are using.
- Here, you need to click on the Properties button under the menu.
- Now, go to the security tab of the properties and switch of the Firewall.
This will allow you unrestricted access to the internet without any middle agent.
Outlook Profile Settings – Sometimes simple profile setting changes can cause the error code 0x800ccc0f in Outlook. So, you need to make sure that everything is fine and the default profile settings are applied. Check the settings and make sure they are correct, in case of incorrect settings, rectify them.
OST file Conversion – Most probably this is the reason behind the Outlook error 0x800ccc0f and you may need to convert OST to PST to get it working again.
Well, it is very easy to convert OST to PST but you have to use a third-party tool such as Shoviv OST to PST converter. Shoviv provides the best data recovery tools for us to use. You can go ahead and download the demo version of the tool as they provide the first 50 items/folder at free of cost.
If you like the working of the tool and want to completely recover your OST file, purchase the full version and follow these instructions to convert OST to PST.
Steps to convert OST to PST:
- First, you need to download, install, and launch the tool on your computer.
- Now, you need to click on the Add OST file button located on the top ribbon of the tool.
- Here, browse for the OST file or files and then click OK.
- Now, you will be able to see the content of the OST file, select the file and choose to save all Files in Outlook PST option.
- After that, you have to check or uncheck the subfolders and then proceed next in the process.
- Now, you have to choose Export and Create a new PST file option from the export section.
- Click Next to start the process and wait for the tool to finish the process.
Once, the process is finished you will be able to view the logs for the process. This way you will be able to resolve Outlook error 0x800ccc0f without any hitch. Any of these solutions can work for you but the conversion process always works. So, try the free demo version of the Shoviv OST to PST and get Outlook error 0x800ccc0f resolved.