Errors in Microsoft Outlook is not a new thing, now and then users encountered several issues while using the Outlook email service. One such issue is “Name not matching error” It generally happens when a user tries to add a new user mailbox to the Exchange Server from the Outlook client Auto discovery.
A warning box will display “The action cannot be completed. The name cannot be matched to a name in the address list”.
If you are one such user who is facing this issue and finding the answer to this problem; well, you have landed on the ideal post. Here, you will get the manual and automatic solution and reason why “Name not matching error” occurs. Keep reading the post until the end.
Download a trial version of Shoviv OST Recovery to know in a better way.
Reasons for “Name Not Matching Error” in Outlook
Here are the possible causes for the existence of this issue.
- In case, you use the Microsoft Exchange Analyzer tool, this might trigger the issue.
- This error also arises, when the user account is not related to the mailbox or it has been manually configured to be hidden from the GAL.
- Absence of Active Directory with the Exchange Recipient services can also push this issue.
How to fix this error?
To fix this issue, you need to follow the below-given steps carefully in the Exchange admin center. At first, you need to check that the user’s mailbox is present, and the user is visible in the address list. Pay a glance on the underneath steps:
- Sign in to the Exchange Admin Center.
- Choose the Recipients option
- Now head to the Mailboxes and find the user.
- Now, double-click on the User account and unmark the box Hide from address lists.
When the user is visible, cross-check if its issue is resolved by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the Outlook application to create a profile.
- Log in as a user in it.
- Now go to the Exchange Admin Center.
- Now select Recipients and mailboxes and again find the user.
- Double-click on the User Account and check the box Hide from address lists.
There is another alternative available to perform this task in the case the above-given method failed. That is for removing all the details and restoring the Office application. To do so, have a look at bullet points:
- Firstly open Outlook and Go to File then pick the Office Account from the menu.
- From the user account info section, tap on the sign out option and logout from all the current accounts.
- Now shut all Office apps running on your device.
- Find the Credential Manager from the Start menu of the device.
- Open and click on Windows Credentials.
- Now delete all credentials of Office accounts.
- Press Win + R key, and in the search box, type Regedit and hit on OK.
- When Registry Editor opens, move to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity
- Now delete the identity folder.
- At last restart the device.
Important Note: Repairing the office application will help you to solve the name not matching error problem.
When the device opens it will repair the Office application. Hopefully, the account will work properly and this will resolve the issue of Name not matching error. In most cases, this method works and resolves the problem of users. In case, you are not lucky enough, go for the automatic solution. Using an OST recovery Tool can fix the corruption issues related to the OST file or Outlook recovery tool from the Shoviv is one of the best software available on the market.
Shoviv Exchange OST Recovery
A simple and plain OST converter to export damaged, corrupt, or unreachable OST data to Outlook PST files and convert into Office 365, Exchange Server, web-based email clients, and various other file formats securely.
Features of Shoviv OST Recovery Tool
Perfect OST File Recovery
The OST recovery tool exactly converts inaccessible/corrupt OST files into simply accessible MS Outlook PST files. You can recuperate multiple OST files to PST files in a single shot.
Recuperates all OST items
The tool recovers emails with full attachments, posts, appointments, contacts, tasks, meeting requests, journals, notes, and more without any trouble. Recovers data from the email properties: Subject,To, From, CC, BCC, Date, and Time.
Restore Exchange mailboxes from OST files
In case, you have some mailboxes missing or deleted files from your Exchange, you can restore from OST files on the user systems. This is a single way you can recover missing or deleted mailboxes if you didn’t back up your data. When Exchange crashes all user mailboxes can be recovered using this tool.
Recover unsaved OST data before OST Rebuilding
In case, you have some unsaved or unsynchronized data in your OST files, this tool allows you to convert your damaged OST file to PST before rebuilding the file.
Free Demo Version
The free demo version can easily recover the first 50 items from each folder of the OST data file. This trial version comes free of cost and has the same features as the premium version but with limited usages.
Ease the Search Process
If you are concerned about how to find a specific email from the OST file, well this tool has the features of search where you can search the data from “Subject”, “From”, “CC”, “BCC”, “To”, Message class, message date, attachment, and more.
In this post, we have described the “name not matching error” issue. We have explained the reason which triggered the issue with the step by step manual methods. Manual methods are free but take lots of time and require technical skills to get the desired result as a small mistake can risk the data from the recovered file. Hence, if you are not sure about manual methods, try automatic solutions. The Shoviv OST Recovery tool is the best tool for this task. Demo version will give you a complete overview of the tool and its quite simple to use and very convenient to perform the recovery task. Along “name not matching error”, it is also a boon for all the Outlook related issues.