IBM Lotus Notes and Office 365 are two widely used platforms for emailing. Back in the days when Lotus Notes had no opponent, and it completely dominates the market by its various offers and features that other E-mail clients can’t even imagine. But, now the time has changed, and Office 365 is ruling the business world by its attractive features and Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration in trend.
Office 365 is a subscription-based service, and it is a great tool to increase the productivity of an organization, it doesn’t matter, whether you’re a startup company or a leading business organization. It makes communication and planning easy for you. Office 365 can be accessed from any place and at any time; it doesn’t matter while you’re on a road trip or doing morning walk. Office 365 secures data from unwanted situations like data deletion and data loss risks.
Download a trial version of Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration Tool to know in a better way.
Why the Need for Project Plan:
There are several reasons why the user needs Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration project plan, which are mentioned below:
- In IBM Lotus Notes, users can access the Lotus Notes only on the system where it is installed, and Office 365 can be accessed on any system from anywhere at any time.
- Office 365 comes with various services like Hosted Exchange Server, Skype for Business Server, and SharePoint.
- Office 365 allows users to share files within a team and allow collaboration between two members, besides this IBM Lotus Notes, doesn’t give any collaboration option.
- The Graphical User Interface of Lotus Notes is quite complex for the non-technical user and new users, and Office 365 is easy to use and has a user-friendly Graphical User Interface.
- Office 365 is much more affordable, it always remains updated, and it has features for all kinds of business.
- Beforehand, users have reported synchronized problems between two systems, for example, IBM Lotus Notes and IBM Domino Server.
- IBM Lotus notes speed is dependent on your system resource, and it requires storage space in your system. Besides this Office 365 is a cloud-based service, and it doesn’t consume any system storage space, and its speed depends on the internet.
Manual Way to Migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365 project plan:
Manually migration has four general steps:
- Backup your IBM Lotus Notes NSF file.
- Create a new mailbox in Office365.
- Configure TCP/IP ports for users.
- Synchronize emails from IBM Lotus Notes to Office 365.
Disadvantages of Manual Methods:
All manual methods have some drawbacks and limitations, users can face lots of issues, during the migration process such as:
- Because of active proxy and firewall, Lotus Notes will fail to build connections with the Internet.
- If Lotus Notes client is in disable mode, then IMAP connection cannot be established.
- Using the manual method, you cannot transfer calendar entries. You have to do them manually.
- The manual method only migrates online data.
- By using the manual method, you cannot migrate data of more than 1 GB in size.
- Manual methods are complex and expensive, and IMAP requires high-level technical setup for migration. You need to be technically sound to use the manual method for Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration step by step.
By Using theThird-Party Tool:
As discussed above, the manual method is not a preferred way to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365; it has drawbacks and limitations. To migrate without any issue, you should use Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration Tool as it is one of the best and efficient tools available in the market. Now we will understand how to do Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration step by step.
Step by Step Migration Lotus Notes to Office 365:
- Install and open the Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office365 Migration Tool.
- Add the NSF file.
- Click on “Office 365 option” under the “Export Multiple Files” group, or make a “right-click” on folder list and choose the “Export in Office 365” option.
- Check/uncheck the select folder if required, and click on the next.
- Click on the dropdown menu, choose the Outlook profile of Office365 user to export Lotus Notes mailboxes or enter the credential of Office 365 user and click on the Next button.
- Now you will see the List of NSF files, select the files you want to migrate.
- Now the filter page will appear, apply the filter according to your requirement.
- Click on the next, now you can see the status of the full migration process.
- Click on the Finish.
This is how Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration step by step can be done by using Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration tool. The software comes with the free demo version and it allows you to migrate& save the first 50 items per folder. The software offers various features to users for easy and proficient working.