To migrate Exchange mailbox to Office 365 a vast number of users are looking for the perfect user-friendly way. Exchange Server is Microsoft’s mail server and a calendaring server. Exchange Server provides a helping hand for sending emails, calendaring, scheduling, voicemail transcriptions, messaging service application, etc.
Office 365 is a cloud-based service that is easily accessible, flexible, and secured service. It provides various services such as Skype for Businesses, Hosted Exchange Server, and Share Points. Its service consists of several products and features.
Download a trial version of Shoviv Exchange Migration to know in a better way.
Why Migrate Exchange Mailbox to Office 365:
A lot of reasons are initiating users to migrate Exchange Mailbox to Office 365. Some of the main reasons are:
- Microsoft Office 365 offers more scalability in one subscription, you just need to buy more email account for new users.
- There is nothing to spend on maintaining Office 365, it is very cost-efficient.
- Services like Skype for Business, Hosted Exchange Server, as well as Share Points, are some of the best things that an Office 365 subscription provides.
- No need of updating the latest versions in Office 365; it always remains updated.
- Being a cloud-based emailing program, it is accessible from anywhere at any-time.
How to Migrate Exchange Mailbox to Office 365:
There are various methods to migrate Exchange Mailbox to Office 365. Migration can be done with manual methods with limited scope as well as by the third-party tool easily without any restriction. Some of the methods are:
This manual method supports the migration of fewer than 2000 mailboxes. It is applicable for the Exchange 2003, 2007, 2010, and 2013. As it provides very limited admittance for the migration thus suitable for an only small organization. If the limit exceeds the process gets slow down and at last, fails to migrate Exchange Mailbox to Office 365.
- Staged Migration:
It allows to migrate more than 2,000 mailboxes in batches, and suitable for both medium and large-sized organizations. This method is only suitable when you have Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2007. Staged migration may take a little bit more time to migrate Exchange Mailbox to Office 365; depends on the volume of content.
It migrates mailboxes in the range of 150-2000 in small batches. There is no need to create new user mailboxes and import information.it maintains both online premises and online mailboxes, users can effortlessly migrate existing mailbox b/w Exchange Server and Exchange Online. It is compatible with MS Exchange Server 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2000, and 5.5.
- IMAP Migration
IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) is just to migrate email and message. It is a very tedious and time-taking process. To migrate emails from the non-exchange server to Office 365, it is a suitable way. IMAP Migration method fails to migrate contacts and calendars etcetera.
Why Manual ways are not preferred?
Manual ways lack to deliver a helping hand to users. Manual ways are free in cost but not free from the limitations. Some of the limitations of manual ways are:
- Moreover, manual methods are not compatible with all the versions of Exchange Server. With the manual method, there is always a limitation on proceeding multiple mailboxes.
- To run these methods, Exchange Admin must have in-depth knowledge of the mailbox migration and must be technically strong.
- Also, there are chances of human error, as there are many steps involved in manual migration and they ask for excellent technical knowledge.
- It is a very time-consuming process.
Due to the limitations and efforts of manual methods, the need for automated third party tool to migrate Exchange Mailbox to Office 365 rises. Shoviv Exchange Migration Tool is a picture-perfect tool to migrate Exchange Mailbox to Office 365. It comes with lots of user-oriented features and provides an easy and perfect migration. Let’s have a look at its features:
- The Shoviv Exchange Migration Tool offers to migrate a large number of mailboxes without any restriction on the size of mailboxes.
- It ensures data integrity and properly maintains the hierarchy of the added source mailboxes.
- Along with the migration of Exchange Mailboxes to Office 365, it also migrates source mailbox to Outlook PST and Live Exchange.
- A preview option to view added source mailboxes and a filter option to filter added source mailbox items based on Message data and Item date is also given.
- To enhance the working experience a search added item option is also provided in the software, it allows us to search on the criteria of Message Class, Message date as well as CC, BCC, Subject, and Attachment.
- The Shoviv Exchange Migration tool also allows saving source mailboxes in different formats like HTML, MSG, EML, vCard, RTF etcetera.
Steps to Migrate Exchange Mailbox to Office 365 :
- At first, Install and Launch Shoviv Exchange Migration Tool.
- Now make a click on the “Add Source” button.
- Choose the “Exchange Server Mailboxes” option to select the source.
- Provide the details: Domain name, User name, and Password.
- Here, now you can have a preview of the selected mailboxes.
- By the right-click or from the ribbon bar, select the “Export in Office 365” Option.
- Now, check/uncheck for the subfolders. Option for the Custom Folder Selection is also available.
- Then, select the option “Retrieve All mailboxes from Office 365” option.
- Fill the details like User Name and Password.
- Option for the Mailbox Mapping and Validate Target is also given. Use it if required.
- In the next step, you can apply the filter based on the Process Message Class and Process Item Date.
- After applying the filter, click on the Next button.
- Now the report of the process will be visible to you.
- After the completion of the process, a message “Process Completed Successfully” will be appeared.
- Here, you can check and save the report of the complete process for future references.
- Finally, click on the Finish button.
Office 365 is attracting a lot of users because of its services and users are migrating from other platforms to Office 365. In this sequence, users are looking for a fast, reliable, and simple way to migrate Exchange mailbox to Office 365. For this purpose, manual methods are available but they are not user-friendly nor efficient. To provide the best services Shoviv Exchange Migration Tool comes with numerous user-oriented features and offers the best option to users. To check its efficiency, a free demo/trial version of it is also available which allows migration of the first 50 items per folder, try once.