To Export Lotus Notes Emails to Outlook securely, many users are looking for a perfect way. As we all know Lotus Notes and Outlook both are prominent email clients from IBM and Microsoft respectively. In this article, we will know all about the Lotus Notes to Outlook exportation.
Why Export Lotus Notes to Outlook:
For any export, there should be a valid reason. Many organizations are moving toward the Outlook because several reasons are initiating to do so like:
- The Interface of MS Outlook is very user-friendly. The Outlook is easy to understand and run, it is much suitable for novice users when compare to Lotus Notes. For the multitasking, MS Outlook provides better working.
- MS Outlook is cost-efficient as well.
- Outlook provides better security and data management features. There is no concern about data security as Microsoft itself taking care of it.
- In Lotus Notes the calendaring feature is not appropriate, while other features like the search option in MS Outlook according to date, Subject and keyword are better than Lotus Notes.
Download a trial version of Shoviv Lotus Notes to Outlook to know in a better way.
How to Export Lotus Notes Email to Outlook:
To Export Lotus Notes to Outlook users have both manual as well as professional methods. In this article, we will explain both methods with all aspects.
It is wise to take a backup of NSF files (Data Storage files of Lotus Notes) before proceeding manual method. Manual methods are not fully secured hence it is a must to have a backup.
To Export Lotus Notes Emails to Outlook manually, firstly we will Export the NSF file to an intermediate CSV file then will Import into MS Outlook. Process complete in two phases.
Export NSF file to an intermediate CSV file
Step 1: Install the Lotus Notes.
Step 2: Search for the required NSF file to export
Step3: From the Menu bar, select the file option
Step 4: Browse or Choose the place where you want to save the file.
Step 5: Now click on the Export button.
Step6: Select between the tubular and structured text, click on the Continue.
Step 7: Choose the CSV file as the record type.
Step 8: Here you can also choose if you wish to export the NSF file in default character format or Unicode format.
Step9: After inserting preferences, click on the OK.
By doing these steps, all NSF file will be exported to the intermediate CSV file
Import CSV file to MS Outlook
Step 1: Launch the Outlook.
Step 2: Now from the File menu, click on the Open and Export option
Step3: make a click on Import and Export Option
Step 4: Now select the Comma Separated Value (CSV) as a file type
Step5: Browse and select the path for the Comma Separated Value
Step 6: Choose the Outlook folder where you want to import the data and click the Next.
Step 7: Click on the Finish.
Concerns with the manual method:
The manual method to Export Lotus Notes Emails to Outlook comes with limitations. Manual method is free in cost but not free of drawbacks:
1: Manual method restricts the export of a large number of emails from Lotus Notes to Outlook.
2: The manual method is a very time-consuming way to export Lotus Notes to Outlook.
3: It is not a secure way of Exporting; chances of human error are high and chances of data loss.
4: Prior technical knowledge is a must to soundly perform manual steps. It is not suitable for new users.
5: For professional use; when your data is everything, you should skip working with the manual method.
Professionally Export Lotus Notes Emails to Outlook
To professionally Export Lotus Notes to Outlook, a third-party tool is a must. Shoviv Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter is best for this. It comes with the numerous user-centric features and makes exportation easy to do. Let’s know about its prominent features:
- It guarantees the accurate exportation of all items (i.e. emails, messages, calendars, contacts, journals) from Lotus Notes to Outlook with a maintained folder hierarchy.
- It soundly exports a large number of files in one go, with no restriction on size-limit.
- The Software supports all the versions of IBM Domino Server, Lotus Notes, MS Outlook, and Windows O.S.
- Folder Mapping option, Email Translation, and Data Preview option are some of the key-features of Shoviv Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter.
- The Software also allows converting NSF to EML and MSG formats, so that users can access email items in various other email clients.
- Shoviv Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter comes with the user-friendly GUI and process completes in very simple steps.
The Final Words:
The market favors the best, and when talking about Email clients, Outlook is the first preference of users over the Lotus Notes. Due to various facilities offered by MS Outlook, Lotus Notes to Outlook exportation is in the trend. The manual method fails in providing a satisfactory way to convert Lotus Notes to Outlook and thus need for a professional NSF to PST Converter rises. Shoviv Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter provides a handy way to this and comes with all the looked for features. To check its working and its features, a free demo/trial version of Software is also available and allows the exportation of the first 25 items per folder.